AFLW General AFLW Talk Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't the AFL already say this months ago?

It is who is in next year that has been up in the air.
The AFL has said it's either all 4 in for 2022-23, or 2 in 2022-23 and then the other 2 in 2023-24.

We have our academy thing right? I wonder what the chances are that the AFL will allow us to use all them as a team, minimising our poaching/draft involvment

Oh what am I saying, it's the AFL. They'll let the Victorian teams + the crows steal them all

We have our academy thing right? I wonder what the chances are that the AFL will allow us to use all them as a team, minimising our poaching/draft involvment

Oh what am I saying, it's the AFL. They'll let the Victorian teams + the crows steal them all

We will get in for 2022/23 because the AFL actively want to dent the Crows dominance on the league. Nothing is surer.

My 5 year old daughter is going to be so excited to hear this news when I pick her up from school. She just started Auskick and keeps asking me when we will have a team and can she play for Port. It's going to be good to tell her that we have a team she can aim towards playing for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent news. Now Adelaide can go back to appealing to only the over 60's, as the door on otherwise Port supporting girls / women going for them is shut. Hopefully with Federal and State elections not too far away we haven't left it too late to get some of that Women's Sports gravy train money all those clubs that already are in, have cashed in on.

Do we need a trade thread? Wonder who we will seek to poach from other clubs.
Hold up, before we flood the board with AFLW threads, I'm gonna talk to admin to make an AFLW sub-board (like how we got an SANFL one)

'Our club is complete': Port Adelaide to join 18-team women's league
FOOTBALL

Port Adelaide’s entry to the AFLW has been formalised with the women’s competition to field 18 teams from next year, with chairman David Koch declaring: “Our club is now complete.”

AFLW-2-scaled-e1628736936553-850x455.jpg

https://indaily.com.au/sport/football/2021/08/12/our-club-is-complete-port-adelaide-to-join-18-team-womens-league/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=InDaily Lunchtime 12 August 2021_&utm_content=InDaily Lunchtime 12 August 2021_+CID_0d7d5af110cb2a9aae8d1aecc33852aa&utm_source=EDM&utm_term=READ MORE

AFLW-Announcement-14.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back