Rumour Goddard to kangas

Remove this Banner Ad

You would not begrudge anyone who has limited years left in the game trying to get out for a chance at ultimate success. Goddard has been fantastic and has shouldered more than he should have over the last couple of years. I highly doubt the OP is correct but you never know...
It ain't him looking to move on... Has been told no longer required at Essendon.

He'd go great pointing and yelling at everyone in their backline.
We'll miss his leadership.

Who else will pull the boys in to give them a spray when we're 70 points down at half time when they've only had 3 kicks?

It ain't him looking to move on... Has been told no longer required at Essendon.
I find that hard to believe… In fact, it would be a bit of a slap in the face given the solid service he has given. As I said, I'd be pretty surprised but you never know. They don't call it silly season for nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I respect you for following such a poor club week in week out, I mean fancy attending half empty stadiums 75% of the time and having won only 1 measly flag in their entire existence. I applaud you sir!
Yeah your right, we've won 1 flag in our existence. Can't argue that point.

Your club has had it's lowest average crowd numbers in nearly 25 years, so spare me the empty crowd figures flog. Besides, I spose you were one of the MANY to drop off this year considering your club is widely known as drug cheats outsides the boys club of the AFL. I bet you still think Sir James did a better job than Knights as well.

Well, that's going to mess with his contract a bit...

having won only 1 measly flag in their entire existence.
Not meant as a flame Milanista 28, but honestly how many flags have you seen in your entire existence ? Apart from a few clubs aren't we all holding say 0,1,2 at best? And yes I know 0

Surely recent w/l carries more weight of a teams worth, as opposed to flags - spoons before most of us were born. Funny yes, relevant IMO barely.

Last edited:
Not meant as a flame Milanista 28, but honestly how many flags have you seen in your entire existence ? Apart from a few clubs aren't we all holding say 0,1,2 at best? And yes I know 0

Surely recent w/l carries more weight of a teams worth, as opposed to flags - spoons before most of us were born. Funny yes, relevant IMO barely.

Was @ 93, Was only 5 though I only remember before and after the game lol , And 00, And was at the losing GF in 01.

In my defense, The best and easiest way to give it to an opposition supporter who is giving it to my club is to attack theirs.

Makes sense for both parties, Goddard won't be a part of Essendon's next contender side ~ 5 years, and the Roos probably have one or two last cracks at a flag left in them. Essendon can probably cash in while there is still some currency for another pick or 2.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it unfold come trade week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back