Preview Gold Coast v Melbourne, Rd 10, Alice Springs

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you counteract the game plan of Lynch getting triple teamed - it seems we don't have a Plan B for that even though he has the tank to get on his bike and work up and down the ground

Should we be looking to move on all the assistants? Some have been there for 7 years and we still get this.

A carrot for a new coach should be to bring in his own team of assistants so they are aligned to his way if thinking and can get a consistent message through to the players

The real knock on Rocket is he is the laziest coach in the AFL, he isn't eating, sleeping and sweating our success just banking the check and the other fact about him he is VERY good at keeping the Vic media off his back, works that angle hard

Pretty sure he is gone at year end and pretty sure he is OK with that

Bring on Stewie Dew

Well Rocket sounded sadder than me in his presser :'(
He said 6 or 7 available next week?
Presumably Thompson Rosa Ablett Ah Chee Ainsworth and I can only think Hallahan and McKenzie??
I think the selectors have to start swinging the axe
Drop 6 or 7
We seem to be a Club that rewards mediocrity
Rarely do we say enough is enough
Start turning over players until we find the ones that will bleed for the jumper
Maybe we have to look at Hallahan again
We just have to be so much tougher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Martin 66 DT points and unsighted in the last 55 min of the game. KK 1 tackle. That's where the problems are starting.

I was going to write a pseudo-insightful post re this but shortened to talking about the drop-off between our best and the next level players
Jack and KK are symptomatic of the guys that are being given automatic selection but god knows why
Add in Touk Miller , 2MP and Lemmens currently
FFS Lemmens is not adequate for purpose
Does some nice things but 12 disposals ?
Someone's havin' a laff
I agree you can't blame Hanley but 2 games and averaging 12 disposals isn't what we thought we'd be getting from him when he signed

Presumably Thompson Rosa Ablett Ah Chee Ainsworth and I can only think Hallahan and McKenzie??
Drop 6 or 7
Start turning over players until we find the ones that will bleed for the jumper
Jack Martin 66 DT points and unsighted in the last 55 min of the game. KK 1 tackle. That's where the problems are starting.

Hanley will be a lot better for the run. Hard to lay the blame at him.
Yep we are riddled with soft downhill skiers.
Martin really worries me lazy goes completely missing for extended periods.
Axe needs to be swung hard too many getting picked after appalling performances time and time again.

I was going to write a pseudo-insightful post re this but shortened to talking about the drop-off between our best and the next level players
Jack and KK are symptomatic of the guys that are being given automatic selection but god knows why
Add in Touk Miller , 2MP and Lemmens currently
FFS Lemmens is not adequate for purpose
Does some nice things but 12 disposals ?
Someone's havin' a laff
I agree you can't blame Hanley but 2 games and averaging 12 disposals isn't what we thought we'd be getting from him when he signed

Hanley = Nick 'Superannuation' Malceski Mark II??

Yep we are riddled with soft downhill skiers.
Martin really worries me lazy goes completely missing for extended periods.
Axe needs to be swung hard too many getting picked after appalling performances time and time again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Aaron Hall is the biggest downhill skiier in the AFL...he makes Danyel Pearce look like Joel Selwood

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Aaron Hall is the biggest downhill skiier in the AFL...he makes Danyel Pearce look like Joel Selwood
Although Hall really annoys me at times he was our leading possession winner in tonights loss and the Port Adelaide loss. And has been in our top 3 possession winners in all losses barr GWS.

Drop 6 or 7
Eade keeps crapping on about rewarding form at lower level yet McPherson absolutely dominates every week 30+ possessions and still doesn't get elevated. WTF is going on at this rabble of a club. It's unacceptable that McPherson has not been elevated yet Brooksby who is the worst AFL l have ever seen is.
I wouldn't be surprised if Evans and Cochrane move on Eade and some assistants soon.

Although Hall really annoys me at times he was our leading possession winner in tonights loss and the Port Adelaide loss. And has been in our top 3 possession winners in all losses barr GWS.

His possessions don't help us win games. Aaron Hall plays for himself and blasting it long to get his metres gained up, and staying as far away from his opponent as possible to make getting his next possession that much easier. He is a symptom of not adhering to a strong team ethos and looking after himself.

His possessions don't help us win games. Aaron Hall plays for himself and blasting it long to get his metres gained up, and staying as far away from his opponent as possible to make getting his next possession that much easier. He is a symptom of not adhering to a strong team ethos and looking after himself.
I agree with a lot of that but l think he is a classic example of Eade just not having the players.

Eade keeps crapping on about rewarding form at lower level yet McPherson absolutely dominates every week 30+ possessions and still doesn't get elevated. WTF is going on at this rabble of a club. It's unacceptable that McPherson has not been elevated yet Brooksby who is the worst AFL l have ever seen is.
I wouldn't be surprised if Evans and Cochrane move on Eade and Co soon.

If you pull the trigger on Rocket mid-season what would that acheive?

None of the assistants are fit to carry Rocket's bags let alone coach the team. Rocket is a professional and he won't crack the sads and leave the club mid-season even if he knows he isn't getting another contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Back