Preview Gold Coast v Melbourne, Rd 10, Alice Springs

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Rocket just struggles with relating to a young squad. He's a good coach I think and has done amazing things for the culture of this club but I'm warning to the idea that he's not the man to lead us to the ultimate stage. I shouldn't have not been surprised that we played a game like this. So sick of being a soft mentally weak team with an immense amount of talent. It's just painful.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
Are you kidding, a good coach.... Should have been put out to pasture years ago. We were sold a false bill of goods, but anybody with half a brain knew he was over the hill.

Also the ability for a team to start a centre bounce with only 2 forwards and 10 backs is ridiculous a rule needs to come in forcing teams to have 6 in each 50 zone.

Absolutely. Too many here are happy with mediocrity and they continue to hold onto false hope. Time to make real changes so we can move in the right direction.
I've always been one of those believing our time was coming. No more am I in that camp.
Big changes needed. It Can't wait till next season. Changes need to start now!

Does anyone actually know what the gameplan the coaches want them to use is? Because I can't understand how they're structure falls apart so easily.

Pretty depressing stuff
It's fairly obvious that other teams know they just have to apply physical pressure to us and we wilt
Not sure how that ever changes?
We have Lynch Ablett and May then daylight to the next level
I think when you support other AFL Clubs that have been down you kind of have glory days to cling to and most Clubs will cycle through a "challenge the 8"phase at least every 5 years
Hard when your Club has never done better than 12th once and really have been a realistic 15th and lower the other years
Not sure what to do actually because my boys have even stopped watching- and I really wanted them to love AFL like I did as a kid and wow! they have their own hometown team to support
Really, these days they just go to Metricon for the half-time kick
Whatever happens with the rest of the year I'm not sure there's much to cling to
Presumably May and Ablett will go now and well that's another 5 years at the bottom at least
We are better than Brisbane-just- but what does that matter when we can't even beat them
Hard not to feel sad and gloomy tonight

Pretty depressing stuff
It's fairly obvious that other teams know they just have to apply physical pressure to us and we wilt
I think when you support other AFL Clubs that have been down you kind of have glory days to cling to and most Clubs will cycle through a "challenge the 8"phase at least every 5 years
Hard when your Club has never done better than 12th once and really have been a realistic 15th and lower the other years
Not sure what to do actually because my boys have even stopped watching- and I really wanted them to love AFL like I did as a kid and wow! they have their own hometown team to support
Whatever happens with the rest of the year I'm not sure there's much to cling to
Presumably May and Ablett will go now and well that's another 5 years at the bottom at least
We are better than Brisbane-just- but what does that matter when we can't even beat them
May will not go he hates the cold and loves the Coast weather. We are very lucky Melbourne has such terrible weather.

Pretty depressing stuff
Yeah this is a really good assessment of this club right now.
If they want to grow the game up here, then it has to change right now or there is going to be nobody turning up to games .... and then no games to turn up to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BTW
I've seen zero evidence so far that any of our "gun" draftees are going to even get a rising star nomination this year
Ainsworth would have definitely if he had not been injured.
McPherson would have but our Coaching staff and to stupid to make him a listed player.

So in a quarter and a half we've gone from 30 up to 35 down.. Soft, crap,insipid, terrible.

And yet I'd never stop being a member. I just don't get it

You can change your family but you can't change your footy team (except to jump on a new AFL team:oops:).

I think most GC BF people are just rusted on and are not going anywhere we just want to have a club that makes us feel better and more optimistic than this.

For the fair weather supporter I think the last 2 games may be tipping them over the interest as far as being interested in the rest of this season.

So much that could be said about whatever we are going to call what we just witnessed. But seriously.... the f*****g gameplan :mad:

When we are playing perfectly, we look majestic and untouchable. Problem is we have seen that for what, 2 games and a couple of quarters here and there.

A gameplan that relies on winning the ball from half-back and running in numbers forward through precision handballs is always going to bring up problems, especially for a team where simply catching and executing a handball can be a challenge. When winning the contested ball and tackling is not prioritized it is not going to last, and it most certainly isn't going to hold up in a cut throat final if we ever even get that far.

It is so easy to counter our 'style' of play it is not funny. Hold onto the ball, tackle hard, and win an intercept every now and then anywhere on the field and it is basically a goal. When we don't have the ball we have no idea what is going on. Our mids dont work hard defensively and our defenders always seem to be mis-matched when the ball comes down, due to everyone getting forward when we have it. We don't have a plan B, so when we go down, we go down hard (GWS, Adelaide, Port, tonight).

Looking at our list, and even the 22 we had out there tonight, we have the talent to be playing finals. But we don't even look close to making it. I am still grateful for everything Rocket has done, but hopefully we are looking for our 2018 coach who is going to come in with fresh ideas and enthusiasm and can get everything out of this squad. And hopefully we find him before the trade period to sell home to some of the players before their heads get turned.

Anyway rant over. At least I don't have to worry about not being in the country come August/September now. Can you believe I was actually worried that I might have had to miss our maiden final games this year!? :drunk::drunk:

TLDR; We play like s*** and we look s*** doing it.

Are they calling for Rockets head on the GC Suns Facebook page?

I don't have Facebook
Nearly every game people are calling for his head. I think he's done well improving the culture but Suns need a different coach to take this team to the next level on the field. To have a 65 point turnaround is absolutely shameful

On ZTE T84 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back