Review Good/Bad v GWS, Rd 12 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the last qtr, everyone banging on about ROB's immense qtr....he was good but not a world beater, certainly wasn't great and definitely not worth dropping the pursuit of Grundy2020. ROB still has the worlds 2nd worst ball drop behind Paul Northeast, fluffed a lot of kicks. Someone needs to teach him to guide the ball down and not double hand drop from his chest.
You must be Robinson Crusoe or at the very least Man Friday because you'd be just about the only person that didn't think ROB played an exceptional game last night and was a big part in a big win.

Douglas had one good play hitting Tex on the title, but fair enough.

I'm not sure either should hold their place.

Probably not, but Greenwood you do have someone who could compete in the air. A desperate need in our forward line.

That's a shame, Peter - I've quite liked your posts on here. That being said, I did have to stop following you on twitter, because it was too far right wing for me.

Not sure what outrageous opinion I had on here that would force you to block me - probably the only outrageous opinion I've held was believing the majority of booing Goodes received was from racists. A few probably blocked me then.
One of my favourite posters and tweeters both on Politics and football, I mostly agree with him on both subjects. :p

12 disposals @ 41.7% means 5 effective disposals (Douglas).
7 disposals @ 100% means 7 effective disposals (Greenwood).
Kudos to Greenwood's opponent/s for keeping him subdued, but every time he got the ball he was effective with it. His mark and goal in the last was a standout, inspirational, in a quiet game for him and added to Adelaide's momentum in the last. It'll be interesting to see our Coaches' votes on the two players tonight in the B&F voting.
On last night's game if I had to choose between Greenwood and Douglas for 22nd spot vs Richmond, I'd choose Greenwood. Wouldn't you?
If I'm honest, watching it again - we shouldn't underestimate how late Greenwood knew he was in the team, and he suits a third tall, if he can prepare himself for that role.

Yeah, Dougie is probably the first dropped. I'd maybe move them both on, if we have a replacement for Lynch. If not, Greenwood should probably stay in that role.

No he didn't.

He did execute a short pass to Tex in the 2nd quarter from which we goaled. Presume that's the one you're referring to.

Guess who won the contested ball and fed it out to Douglas for that play?
Yep, watching it again, I misremembered which quarter he did that in. Tex's goal in the last was his speccy.

Dougie DID set up our first goal, though ...

One of my favourite posters and tweeters both on Politics and football, I mostly agree with him on both subjects. :p
Lol, fair call.

We're lucky it wasn't against a Vic team

The blowback would have been felt for decades, like the Jameson-Fitzroy '91 game
Haha, very true.

But for any fans attending that wintery night (and half the crowd had left before the climax) wth an ounce of objectivity would realise it really was the “biggest robbery since the great train robbery” with none of the last 4 free kicks received actually being there.

Amazing night :)

If I'm honest, watching it again - we shouldn't underestimate how late Greenwood knew he was in the team, and he suits a third tall, if he can prepare himself for that role. Yeah, Dougie is probably the first dropped. I'd maybe move them both on, if we have a replacement for Lynch. If not, Greenwood should probably stay in that role.
VERY reasonable response :thumbsu:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good: Brad starting to regularly hit the scoreboard. This is what separates the very good mids from the elite.
If Brad kicked that second goal within 5 minutes I would have gone off. Is starting to get confidence.

Remember hes coming from a year off footy. Look whats happened to CEY in his second year back from reco

There was a similar game against Collingwood that we won by less than a goal that had similar ramifications. That Jameson free kick was embarrassing though.

Yes it was. Not as bad as the Marshall “too high” called when the waist high tackle was blatantly ducked into and head thrown back and paid too high

Ordinary crowd? Numbers may have been down slightly, but in the last 10 minutes it’s the loudest crowd I’ve been apart of since the Showdown last year.
He was referring to the numbers, our crowds are down this year which is a concern

Ordinary crowd? Numbers may have been down slightly, but in the last 10 minutes it’s the loudest crowd I’ve been apart of since the Showdown last year.
It is interesting that when the crowd drops away it tends to be the early leavers who don't rock up.

Last night no one left and there's usually a bunch in our section who do, whatever the score.

The true believers remain

That's a shame, Peter - I've quite liked your posts on here. That being said, I did have to stop following you on twitter, because it was too far right wing for me.
Not sure what outrageous opinion I had on here that would force you to block me - probably the only outrageous opinion I've held was believing the majority of booing Goodes received was from racists. A few probably blocked me then.
Uhhh ... mate ... he won't be reading that ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back