Review Good/Bad v GWS, Rd 12 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

It is but it shouldn’t stop being going to the footy if they are keen, just don’t buy it. I buy beer, rarely food. But I’d never not go because of the beer cost, I just wouldn’t drink
That might explain why you're very touchy on here after a game? :p

Very pleasant suprise with the win- our best since 2017, given what it might mean for our season.

Genuinely the sort of win that I thought we'd left behind us on the premiership clock. I'd have bet anything that we'd roll over once they hit the lead once, and we instead fought back to re-take it twice.

Their Board has a thread on OUR game? Why do they even give a rat's?
Got a link, please?
Just their general "We hate the crows" thread (which is similar to our "Port is **** thread"[2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat Part 2]..well it is called that at least when I'm posting in it), but it's disguised under the heading "Port Forum 'General AFL Talk Thread Part 12". Fable has it that they never let that thread get to page 119.

Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Yesterday --- long weekend factor, AND rip-off costs of food and drinks.
I got a large takeaway pack of about 20 meatballs in a tomato and onion sauce from Foodland yesterday --- delicious and $6.99 (marked down to $3.50, eat before 10th June). At the footy they would have been $2 each, minimum.
How much are they charging these days for a bucket of limp, soft, tepid chips, $4, $5, anybody?
Venue ROBBERY. :mad:
The food prices at the footy are obscene.
Not enough love for Lachie Murphy round here.

Thought he was DYNAMITE out there up forward and drew some crucial frees when ball was 50/50.

Learning the caper off the best ever in Eddie must be a treat too for the lad.
If he hadn't have choled massively a couple of times, I think more would be praising his game.

That kick out on the full took a lot of the shine off an otherwise very handy performance.

It is interesting that when the crowd drops away it tends to be the early leavers who don't rock up.

Last night no one left and there's usually a bunch in our section who do, whatever the score.

The true believers remain
That’s correct! Which is why the atmosphere was so good.

42k on a Saturday night against a low drawing team is still decent. Have already had a 50k plus crowd this year too, I wouldn’t be too concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish

We will smash 50K Thursday night.
Because there is expectation we may win.

I had two tickets to give away. Asked three guys all said no.

The theatre goers may come Thursday.

Saturday night was more the core supporters.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

With rain around, this is virtually no chance of happening.
We got 38000 once on a day of a massive storm with forecast of snow against Norf !!!!!!

We’ll get 50,000

The fact is our core supporter group is around 40k.

Ports is about 34k.

The rest is.plus/minus theatre goers.

Our crowd Saturday was based around at lot of people deciding not to go as it was cold and we might lose.

A core group of 40k is still.among the best in the league.

ROB must have some serious strength, was expecting him to be ragdolled but seemed to have the better of the physical battle.
Look.at his physique. The guy is massive. The fact he can run at a decent rate is massive.

We have never gotten 50k to a rain-affected game in Adelaide and we never will unless it’s a final. If the forecast changes, we probably will. If not, it’s 48k max.
All these were fine weather ????
4056F414-79D1-4AAD-AA50-FA9138FEEAD4.jpeg

Don’t claim to have the best memory in the world but the GWS final it rained - yeah ok final but SFA opposition supporters and everyone had to buy a ticket !
Showdowns ????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back