Review Good/Bad vs Hawthorn - Rd 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm a wins a win but Hawthorn are very average

They drew with Melbourne last week, and beat the Giants 3 weeks ago, get off the glass pipe.

They’ve been bog average for most of the year, but have certainly been competitive the last month.

This wasn’t a win where the other team ‘weren’t any good’, because Hawks are certainly good around the contest, and that’s where we wanted to have improved from last week, which we did. It was a good solid win, good game plan, lots of movement, very good output from players we’re wanting to see develop.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Disgusting how he's being treated with Plodder Sloane in the midfield.
I'm very happy with how we're bringing shoenberg into the middle. I imagine they'll do the same with Berry next year.

If you put them in to early before they get comfortable with the speed of the game you'll end up breeding the skittish midfield players that we've had forever.

They drew with Melbourne last week, and beat the Giants 3 weeks ago, get off the glass pipe.

They’ve been bog average for most of the year, but have certainly been competitive the last month.

This wasn’t a win where the other team ‘weren’t any good’, because Hawks are certainly good around the contest, and that’s where we wanted to have improved from last week, which we did. It was a good solid win, good game plan, lots of movement, very good output from players we’re wanting to see develop.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wallpapering over cracks with some players

Does feel good to win.

Get rid of that slow over possession crap we have seen the last month.

Next four games have to be about taking on the opposition. Even push the next three top four sides.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Any chance you'll revise your view that we, or any club, deliberately loses? Or will you ratchet that up as soon as we lose again?

Himmelberg presents a fascinating conundrum. He really looks a solid footballer when he's confident

He's not a shade in Thilthorpe and there's no obvious way to play both of them.

Good win, more complete game from a bunch of players
- Ned hitting up short passes was a delight compared to hitting our long I50 bombs to no one.
- Chayce is our most reliable kick out of D50.
- Straight kicking for goal
- Scoring 100 for the first time in ages
- Mids hitting the scoreboard (Keays and Laird kicking goals)

Takes some pressure away from the club which is good.

Worst part of the game was our lack of tackling ability. Those missed tackles were shocking and opens up the game for the opponent.

But genuine question, why does anyone here wants Roberts with Pick 3-4? He's a slow inside mid? Basically Matt Crouch but seems slower and a bigger build. That would be a disaster with pick 3/4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was interesting playing a side who was happy to play an open running game. I’ve not seen us have so much run in a very long time! I don’t mind Billy in the backline. Our forward line looks so much better when we kick it in with purpose as opposed to just bombing it in! winning does taste nice though!

Bickley post game. "The next few weeks might be a real chance to rest some of the kids against the better sides to freshen them up for the last couple".

Explain that logic.
That sentence barely even makes sense

Wouldn't expect anything less from Bickley's insight though

Himmelberg presents a fascinating conundrum. He really looks a solid footballer when he's confident

He's not a shade in Thilthorpe and there's no obvious way to play both of them.
Need Lynch gone at year's end and Tex to play 50% next year.

Have Fog, Berg, TT and Tex shuffling through in 2022.

Bickley post game. "The next few weeks might be a real chance to rest some of the kids against the better sides to freshen them up for the last couple".

Explain that logic.
Explanation: I want Mackay back in pronto

Remove this Banner Ad

Back