Grand Final Traveller's

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawn2Dark

All Australian
Aug 8, 2007
Warrnambool
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm catching a flight tonight from Perth to Melbourne in readiness for the Grand Final. Last year my trip began from Warrnambool a few day's out from the big day.

I know most people will be making the trip down the highway or just rocking up to the 'G on the day. But for some of us we get to start a little early.

How many other's are about to embark on their GF journey and where are you coming from?

My brother flew in from the U.K. Saturday morning (just in time to find out we'd actually made the GF!); he flies back Monday...

I got a ticket in the ballot, but signs at the moment are that I'll have to give it up so he can go to the game.

PM me if you have any prospects for tickets...

l live and work in a remote aboriginal community in the Tanami desert in the Northern Territory. Drive out of the desert 4-5 hrs and into Alice Springs tomorrow. Fly to Melbourne Friday. Very enjoyable trip home last year with a scarf out the window in the middle of the desert all by myself...

l live and work in a remote aboriginal community in the Tanami desert in the Northern Territory. Drive out of the desert 4-5 hrs and into Alice Springs tomorrow. Fly to Melbourne Friday. Very enjoyable trip home last year with a scarf out the window in the middle of the desert all by myself...

Very Nice!!!!

Flying down from Sydney Friday morning, off to the GF parade and a few beers with a couple of mates, then up to Geelong to stay at the grand parents. Back into Melbourne Saturday morning, then have to fly back Saturday night, 8:00pm.

If we win, any other Sydney siders made plans for Saturday night?

Ouch ... i did that Tanami track once...from halls creek to Alice.....i will NEVR NEVER EVER.. do that again....the 700 km trip almost ****ed my Landcruiser....:eek:

PS Bring lots of warm clothes :p

Ouch ... i did that Tanami track once...from halls creek to Alice.....i will NEVR NEVER EVER.. do that again....the 700 km trip almost ****ed my Landcruiser....:eek:

PS Bring lots of warm clothes :p

Am working on my car right now to make sure l get in to Alice. If not l will just start running. No way l am missing out :D

Well it used to be alot harder until about 12 months ago ;).

l remember barely wanting to watch 1995 l was so scarred!

Car sounding good. See you there, GO CATS!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Friday night at the Waterside Hotel; continue next morning at some pub, then to the big one, then the GF dinner, then to the Waterside Hotel again............common theme isnt footy.......:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Flying down from Sydney Friday morning, off to the GF parade and a few beers with a couple of mates, then up to Geelong to stay at the grand parents. Back into Melbourne Saturday morning, then have to fly back Saturday night, 8:00pm.

If we win, any other Sydney siders made plans for Saturday night?

First off, find a watering hole near Fed Square as the silverware and players will make an appearance early evening. If the worst should happen,:( find a watering hole as far from Fed Square as possible. Brown and gold colours make me want to spew when I'm half cut.:rolleyes:

6 hour drive to Adelaide tomorrow got a 1300 flight to Melbourne on Friday Saturday at centre square and the game then back to Adelaide at 1100 Sunday

3 mates of mine from Hong Kong are making the trip back this year, as they did last year.

Hope to join them on 2009.

I would have the onerous task of walking 15 minutes to the G but then I didn't get a ticket. :(

If we make it next year they should weight the ballot to those with the smallest carbon footprint to get to the MCG. I am a shoe in. :thumbsu:

Driving from Adelaide, leaving at 2pm from work, should pull into Melbourne CBD around 1am.
Get a few hours kip then GF day.
Driving back on Sunday.

Similar routine twice in the last 4 weeks except usually left earlier on Fridays.

Im going to travel up tomorrow...all the way from my farm near lorne....It might take me 2 hrs or so to get to the city...geez life is hard somtimes... :p

but im staying in the city for the 3 night ....

going to the GF footy show...then the parade...then the big dance ...

What a great long weekend!!!!!! ENJOY. It'll be BBQ and Beers with mates for me:D

The God awful trip from Geelong to Melbourne on Friday so my brother can cook me dinner and breakfast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back