Gun control in America

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol! Don’t get salty.

Maybe your point was unclear or silly?
I'm not salty at all, Chief. I'm quite confident in nearly everything I say, I'm very rarely "salty" at all. Wish I were a little more often, to be honest.
To put it another way, let's just say I'm about as salty about it all as you were actually laughing just then.
Because we both know you weren't. You were posturing.

But seeing as I do actually have time to waste, right now:
Any attempt to legislate against something people actively enjoy and gain pleasure from, particularly when the majority are quite sensible about the way they treat their toys, is going to meet with considerable resistance.
With regard to the cat analogy, it is clearly demonstrable that getting rid of them all would have significant benefits for the environment. It is a viable solution. They are not a native species, they are not an endangered species, and yet they directly contribute to the extinction of native wildlife.
Getting rid of them completely is a viable option. So why isn't it on the table? Why will it never happen?
Jane Smith doesn't really give a flying * about the local wildlife, and she likes playing with her pussy.

Those who laugh at the idea of cat control, and think it's silly and relevant to the topic at hand, are actively displaying the exact same response as the America public has with regard to gun control. It's not a response generated by any actual consideration. It ignores the facts. Yet it's a popular and widespread reaction. I got laughed at for even having the temerity to suggest it.

But that doesn't make me wrong.

I'm not salty at all, Chief. I'm quite confident in nearly everything I say, I'm very rarely "salty" at all. Wish I were a little more often, to be honest.
To put it another way, let's just say I'm about as salty about it all as you were actually laughing just then.
Because we both know you weren't. You were posturing.

But seeing as I do actually have time to waste, right now:
Any attempt to legislate against something people actively enjoy and gain pleasure from, particularly when the majority are quite sensible about the way they treat their toys, is going to meet with considerable resistance.
With regard to the cat analogy, it is clearly demonstrable that getting rid of them all would have significant benefits for the environment. It is a viable solution. They are not a native species, they are not an endangered species, and yet they directly contribute to the extinction of native wildlife.
Getting rid of them completely is a viable option. So why isn't it on the table? Why will it never happen?
Jane Smith doesn't really give a flying **** about the local wildlife, and she likes playing with her pussy.

Those who laugh at the idea of cat control, and think it's silly and relevant to the topic at hand, are actively displaying the exact same response as the America public has with regard to gun control. It's not a response generated by any actual consideration. It ignores the facts. Yet it's a popular and widespread reaction. I got laughed at for even having the temerity to suggest it.

But that doesn't make me wrong.
Lol :) <- Real laugh.

So, legislation is inconsistent. Yes.

We weigh up costs, we make decisions.

But this is still just whataboutism.

What’s your point?

And yes, cats are smelly and kill wildlife and don’t belong in this country.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's not even about cats, you moron.
Save your fake laughter and your slogans for someone who thinks your opinion is worth anything.
You've been dismissed.

It's not even about cats, you moron.
Save your fake laughter and your slogans for someone who thinks your opinion is worth anything.
You've been dismissed.
Rrrowr!!

Saucer of milk, table 2!

Interesting thought. Peer pressure leading in both directions.
It's one of those things I had in mind when I mentioned culture. People have a tendency to believe this sort of s**t just happens in a vacuum. Cause and effect are not something your average punter really cares about - only punitive measures.

So now we have thousands of crying kids screaming for gun control, when the likelihood is that many of them either directly contributed toward those kids going postal to begin with or, perhaps more importantly, made no effort to stop it from happening.
Most of them, to be completely frank, are just along for the ride because when you're a teenager, feeling a part of something is more important than what that something actually is.

Remember that fat kid in Australia, that video where he body slammed his tormentor and got famous over it?
He got made into a hero. Might have got lucky, but we'll probably never know how his life turns out.
In Australia, fifty years ago, it'd be said he became a man that day. But we can't say that anymore.
I often wonder exactly how it ever got to that in the first place. I wonder how many of the other kids became "friends" with him afterward. I wonder how many of them stood by while he was bullied, and then later laughed about it at a party that fat kid wasn't invited to?
And what if that big fat kid was a skinny little shortass who couldn't body slam the bully? What then?

In Australia, he becomes a mental health statistic. Or he commits suicide.
In the USA, maybe he goes and gets a gun instead. Maybe he takes a few of them out. Maybe he kills himself, or maybe he goes to prison.
Meanwhile, the other kids who stood by get their 15 minutes on TV saying how sorry they were they never did anything, go back to school, and have meaningful lives while he rots.

Or, as is currently happening in the USA, they get famous making teary speeches on TV and become future politicians. I wonder if that girl with the shaved head (wearing the combat shirt with the badges) ever did anything about the situation before she became a "survivor".
I have no sympathy for these protest marches. None. But I know I'd be largely alone in that.

Thing is... and I know I'm going to be shouted down for this too... humanity has no problem with killing other humans. It never has done. The only thing that prevents us from doing so more often, generally speaking, is the fear of repercussions. We've bombed and destroyed entire cities when the cause was deemed to be just. But no one ever declared a Lancaster pilot to be insane.
In terms of sanity, it's probably more humanly sane to want to take out your oppressors than it is to commit suicide. Not that I'm entirely discounting the possibility of insanity, but it is a mistake to assume it. Yet that is what we do.We assume insanity.
I tend to think we're actually dealing with some very, very angry people who have become maladjusted due to their circumstances, and nothing more than that. And I'm not even sure if the maladjusted bit is entirely the word I'd be looking for.

Like I've said before, probably the most telling statistic which applies to Australia more than anywhere else, is that in previous decades, where we had a more cohesive, united society (which had a few problems, of course) and more guns than we had before or since, gun violence was almost unheard of and spree killings involving firearms were literally non-existent.

Yet nobody wants to ask why that might be.
We're afraid to.

* this, I'm out.

They're embarrassing. Of course it's always scary when a wave of immaturity threatens to overcome reason. One of the speakers was a 6 year old or something. I know she's MLK's granddaughter but this is who we're expected to hand the reins of discussion to :$

Not pro-gun but these kids know less than nothing and we should stop pretending otherwise.
The point and problem is that there is no sensible authority in the us that can be trusted on this issue. And show me where there has been maturity elsewhere anyway? All I see are corrupt NRA shills extending to their politically dependent Supreme Court.

Like I've said before, probably the most telling statistic which applies to Australia more than anywhere else, is that in previous decades, where we had a more cohesive, united society (which had a few problems, of course) and more guns than we had before or since, gun violence was almost unheard of and spree killings involving firearms were literally non-existent.

Yet nobody wants to ask why that might be.
We're afraid to.

The increased pace of life makes people more susceptible to going off the rails.....The sky-rocketing costs of living & financial burdens placed upon people these days are also a recipe for disaster.

However, I'm not entirely sure what these issues have to do with gun control/laws & the Second Amendment in the U.S.....Which I'm fairly certain it's government has been gunning for now, ever since 9/11.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see reports that ranting "anti-gun activist" Emma Gonzalez was personally involved in the bullying of Florida school shooter Nicholas Cruz.

Guilt plays itself out in mysterious ways.

Interesting to see reports that ranting "anti-gun activist" Emma Gonzalez was personally involved in the bullying of Florida school shooter Nicholas Cruz.

Guilt plays itself out in mysterious ways.

You know you have a snowflake when a flag based on ancestry is worn more proudly than that of the country you grew up in.

You know you have a snowflake when a flag based on ancestry is worn more proudly than that of the country you grew up in.

She's a puppet. No more, no less.

Depends a bit on how the country you grew up in has treated you. I certainly wouldn't wear the Chinese flag for example; but australians haven't shot at me (have been subject to the usual racist taunts - those who taunt me are just dumb gwailoes anyway)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back