Gun control in America

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait, are you using Mexico there as the example?
I'm not sure what your point is

I'm making mine very simple

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/03/22/world/vehicles-as-weapons/index.html

these things are occuring more and more

and you're not an American citizen so you don't need to judge their bill of rights and throw your weight behind flaying their constitutional rights lol

amazing isn't it?

we need to look at how we can minimise our own problems by first examining the underlying cause

Oh, now you are blaming me not caring about suicide rates in an effort to plaster over what is clearly a cultural issue with Gun Love in America?
do you care about the lives of people of the world as western govts send guns to countries like Saudi Arabia to murder thousands of kids?
or just usa gun culture?
these guns have been supplied by not just the USA but from almost all western countries

are you saying that only American kids matter?
do you usually turn a blind eye when identifying which child's life matters?
One of random the other is actually planned

I dont see you protesting the death of Yemeni children who are slaughtered by Saudis daily in one way or another in much higher numbers

I think many of us choose what is our cause with prejudice I'm afraid..

am I correct!?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.../yemen-war-children-dead-injured-malnourished

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...tinian-children-killed-by-Israeli-forces.html

but somehow it's all about gun rights in the USA because of the children

and from Australia we will take pot shots at the American bill of rights without having a bill of rights ourselves

and as our own homicide rate including upon children rises

yes I know at the moment the media are making it attractive to bring down the bill of rights while choosing to ignore so many other issues that lead to deaths and misery

Oh, now you are blaming me not caring about suicide rates in an effort to plaster over what is clearly a cultural issue with Gun Love in America?
I'm not blaming you I'm only pointing out your inconsistency or lack of balance and definite non understanding of the issues at stake

you have a very simplistic attitude to what's going on
I've tried to highlight some of the issues and context but you're caught up in the problem being guns

clearly the problem is much greater than that
and the American bill of rights is too important an issue to be thrown out with the bathwater just like some politicians would like

that as well as the attack on freedom of speech and all the other rights are going to lead to totalitarian tyranny even greater than govts have already

"Fear of Government" is still a s**t excuse to let people arm themselves with borderline military grade weapons.
it's only a s**t excuse if you don't believe in liberty... you obviously don't
Muscat guns were military grade weapons at the time too

hard to convince a man who does not have any liberty rights about a nation that has had them since independence
so hard for you to judge what's best in the USA considering people in this country are killing kids and finding ways of murdering even when guns have been taken away

plus why people point to guns in the USA being terrible and turning a blind eye on what's happening to Palestinian or Yemen kids for instance

I don't want to go over old ground but you're not even looking at the underlying problems of mental diseases and drugs in all this guns or no guns

can you read the Constitution and explain why they're allowed to use arms?

you're still not grasping the reasoning of the founding fathers

it wouldn't matter if theyre muscats or not

lol

please learn why they're at liberty to be armed and you'll understand the whole context better
You should also understand that, when the U S constitution was written they had just won a war and were in considerable danger of having another one soon (they did within 35 years). The U SA was also a nation expanding into territories with an indiginous population who were prepared to fight for THEIR land so, at the time it was written, the nation and its leaders could see possible threats both from within and without.

You should also understand that, when the U S constitution was written they had just won a war and were in considerable danger of having another one soon (they did within 35 years). The U SA was also a nation expanding into territories with an indiginous population who were prepared to fight for THEIR land so, at the time it was written, the nation and its leaders could see possible threats both from within and without.

Thats amazing to think that people argue they should have guns now because their forefathers had them to literally kill a native population of PEOPLE. PEOPLE. Not animals, not bears or something PEOPLE.

No reason American's shouldn't be able to carry guns. So long as there are mental health checks in place. A large majority of their population handle guns with absolutely no problem, but of course there is a small minority (probably with mental health issues) that do bad things when in possession of a firearm. The solution isn't to ban guns, it is put safety checks in place and make sure the wrong individual doesn't have access to guns. I am sure there are also other ways to monitor certain individuals who could pose a danger as well. I don't believe there will ever be a gun ban in the US, they simply aren't that stupid.

No reason American's shouldn't be able to carry guns. So long as there are mental health checks in place. A large majority of their population handle guns with absolutely no problem, but of course there is a small minority (probably with mental health issues) that do bad things when in possession of a firearm. The solution isn't to ban guns, it is put safety checks in place and make sure the wrong individual doesn't have access to guns. I am sure there are also other ways to monitor certain individuals who could pose a danger as well. I don't believe there will ever be a gun ban in the US, they simply aren't that stupid.

This is true, except every time attempts are made to...adjust these laws, bringing in better screening, better checks and better safety around the acquiring and securing of weapons, they fail. The NRA has a LOT of money and a LOT of influence and have convinced their supporters that ANY ADJUSTMENT WHATSOEVER is paramount to the Government controlling them 100%.

They could convince the average American that an extra 1 hour wait time is a restriction on their liberty.

you need to understand the ideology of the American founding fathers

was never only about being invaded

but also so as gov doesn't ever become too big and then morph into a police state

have you read the philosophies of the vision for America?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not just the US, but now it's northern neighbour Canada seems to have a gun problem. There have been a spate of shootings there recently including yesterday where 4 people were shot dead including 2 police officers.

you need to understand the ideology of the American founding fathers

was never only about being invaded

but also so as gov doesn't ever become too big and then morph into a police state

have you read the philosophies of the vision for America?
What philosophies ? The idea of "manifest destiny" that the "founding fathers" had a "right' to take over the land without thought for any other claimants such as other nations who had colonies on the continent or the indiginous population ? The "Vision of America" of the founding fathers seemed to be that they (the land owning , white population of the country) had the right to own and control any land that they wanted, regardless of who claimed it or was settled upon it.

actually it isn't if you understand their Constitution and their bill of rights
something we don't have here

so because culturally you're not in tune to their Constitution you can easily want laws changed to begin the precedent to strip them away

they believed in citizen responsibility not big govt

so my argument stands

please do your self a favour and read the historical context to their bill of rights and why it was written up

Culturally, they are ****ed.
They need some real totalitarian suppression of the "gun rights".
History written by the winners and likely funded and bribed by their corrupt terrorist NRA.

Culturally, they are ******.
They need some real totalitarian suppression of the "gun rights".
History written by the winners and likely funded and bribed by their corrupt terrorist NRA.
totalitarian eh?

you wouldn't be a lefty by any chance
?

wait till totalitarian claims your community

people really have no clue about anything they say

totally buzz driven

when totalitarianism comes you'll be cowering to your civil liberties you so easily threw away

What philosophies ? The idea of "manifest destiny" that the "founding fathers" had a "right' to take over the land without thought for any other claimants such as other nations who had colonies on the continent or the indiginous population ? The "Vision of America" of the founding fathers seemed to be that they (the land owning , white population of the country) had the right to own and control any land that they wanted, regardless of who claimed it or was settled upon it.
who were there before
?

Democrat party stronghold
tightest gun laws around

tell me

is it in the interests of left to bring prosperity to the people?
Apparently not. It's very confusing. If 20 people were shot in a school, it would rightly make global headlines. But 3 x that every week in Chicago, and we get crickets. There's far more Americans being shot there than in any active warzone. Hope Trump sends in the national guard and sorts it, Obama did nothing and the Dem mayor has done nothing.

totalitarian eh?

you wouldn't be a lefty by any chance
?

wait till totalitarian claims your community

people really have no clue about anything they say

totally buzz driven

when totalitarianism comes you'll be cowering to your civil liberties you so easily threw away

When totalitarianism comes I will be on the side of the authorities.

How many people on ice in Australia go buy a gun and shoot up a school?

Depends if they can get their timing right, whereby they can time it simultaneously with a school drill, enacted for that exact same scenario.

That way they can get past all the security checks & guards without any hassles at all.

Same as the bloke in Las Vegas with all that cache of guns, who somehow managed to avoid detection from the most secure surveillance around, known to man.....It's funny how ice focuses the mind like that.

you won't be on the side of the authorities in a totalitarian system
Why not? They will need minions.

And I was advocating it for the USA because I think their so called right to bear arms is so much bullshit. As is their health extortion system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back