Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Neitz was a really strange selection. Only Melbourne 300 game player, kicked a lot of goals despite playing half of his career at FB. Way better options though.

I would've had Tony Modra or Alistair Lynch in well before him.

Lynch has 3 x flags, more goals and started as a defender at Fitzroy.

Modra kicked 40 less goals than Neitz in half the games, one of the best forwards of the last 30 years.

Malthouse isn't even in the HOF yet.

3 x premiership coach, 1 x premiership player, Leads the VFL/AFL in games coached.

Have no problems with the others selected. Wallace, The Dominator and Scarlett all definitely deserve their spot in the hall.

When Nietz got in I lold, but kept watching.

When Wallace got in I lold, and changed the channel.

Who’s in charge of this s**t.

I don't understand this? He was a great player.

He was inducted as a player, not as a coach. They don't take both into account. You are inducted as one or the other.

He was a 4 x best and fairest winner in strong sides, 2 of those in arguably the greatest side of all time and one of those in a flag year

Sheedy was inducted as a coach, and elevated to legend as a coach, not a player.

Wasn’t Neitz on Carey the night he kicked 11 goals and Rex went into a continual orgasm for 2 hours?
Yep, and Carey backed it up in 2001 kicking 6 on Neitz playing out of the square as he could barely move by then. On the 4th Level of the MCG there's a bar called The David Neitz Terrace, which I'll always drink at because it's owned by Wayne Carey.

I don't understand this? He was a great player.

He was inducted as a player, not as a coach. They don't take both into account. You are inducted as one or the other.

He was a 4 x best and fairest winner in strong sides, 2 of those in arguably the greatest side of all time and one of those in a flag year

Sheedy was inducted as a coach, and elevated to legend as a coach, not a player.

No doubt, and you make a good case.

I just don’t like him. I think he’s media profile probably helped too.

Bernie Naylor on the other hand was an absolutely sensational decision, probably long overdue.

A caller to SEN late last night said Sav Rocca was the only player in the top 25 goal kickers of all time (14th according to him) who's yet to be inducted into the HoF.

#justiceforsav

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malthouse isn't even in the HOF yet.

3 x premiership coach, 1 x premiership player, Leads the VFL/AFL in games coached.

Is there a wait time after they have finished coaching though?

If there isn't thats a disgrace. He should be the first in next year and should have gone in before Wallace and Neitz.

Sav should also go in, 750 goals, 14th all time.

Is there a wait time after they have finished coaching though?

If there isn't thats a disgrace. He should be the first in next year and should have gone in before Wallace and Neitz.

Sav should also go in, 750 goals, 14th all time.

Malthouse isn't eligible yet because i think you need to be out of the game for 5 years. As soon as he's done his time, he's in.

Malthouse isn't eligible yet because i think you need to be out of the game for 5 years. As soon as he's done his time, he's in.

Sheedy was inducted in 2008, he retired from Essendon at the end of the 2007 season.

I don't think it's the same as player eligibility.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/event-news/hall-of-fame/about

"Players are eligible only after they have been retired from the game for at least three years. Coaches, umpires, administrators and media representatives are eligible only after retirement."

Disgrace that he isn't in already

A caller to SEN late last night said Sav Rocca was the only player in the top 25 goal kickers of all time (14th according to him) who's yet to be inducted into the HoF.

#justiceforsav
Of those eligible. Franklin still playing (9th), and Nick Riewoldt (21st) and Pavlich (23rd) only retired in the last couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back