Prediction Harry Sheezel - Can he be the GOAT?

Remove this Banner Ad

Calm down mate I’m just saying he’s a decent defender in response to a comment clearly made in jest. I’m sure the AFL aren’t going to read my post and take Charlie’s Colemans away.
I’m joking too, I think Griff is a superb athlete and he and Sam Taylor are the two matchups I dread most for Charlie of all

This Sheezel kid has a good head on his shoulders.

When asked on SEN this morning which player, past or present, did he model himself on, his answer - Scott Pendlebury.

This Sheezel kid has a good head on his shoulders.

When asked on SEN this morning which player, past or present, did he model himself on, his answer - Scott Pendlebury.
That’s who he reminds me of too. Sheez is a smart player, seems like he’s not panicking under pressure and makes the right call with the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easily the best of all time with a ‘Z’ in his name.

Sorry Zane Cordy.

Haha, got a ways to go yet...

AFL era Z boys:

1. David Neitz
2. Zach Merrett
3. Zak Butters
4. Connor Rozee
5. Dayne Zorko
HM: M. Kreuzer, D. Schwarz, Z. Tuohy.

All Time is too hard with literally hundreds of options.

Probably give the nod to Roy Cazaly.

Only in Australia.

Dead set does my head in.
Can't begrudge the younger generation of footy fans getting excited about up and coming players.

The three main players who are typically considered in the 'GOAT' conversation are;
  • Leigh Matthews (played 35-45~ years ago)
  • Wayne Carey (played 20-30 years ago)
  • Gary Ablett Jr (retired 4 years ago but realistically peaked 15~ years ago)
It's natural for people who never saw these players to want to believe that up and comers like Daicos, Sheezel, or similar stars might have the potential to be a truly generational talent the likes of which many footy fans 25~ years of age or younger have never genuinely experienced.

Can't begrudge the younger generation of footy fans getting excited about up and coming players.

The three main players who are typically considered in the 'GOAT' conversation are;
It's natural for people who never saw these players to want to believe that up and comers like Daicos, Sheezel, or similar stars might have the potential to be a truly generational talent the likes of which many footy fans 25~ years of age or younger have never genuinely experienced.
Same gronks that probably think that Scarlett Johannsen is better looking than Rita Hayworth !

Agreed, but further to that is that as there is no set definition of what constitutes the GOAT, people will make their own determination and through their own eyes & biases.
I reckon Dusty is because he won big games off his own boot. Won every major medal except Coleman. I’m also biased Richmond.
But I can understand Hawks supporters picking Lethal, Roos picking Carey, Bombers picking Hird, Cats picking Ablett and Swans/saints picking Plugger. All have valid claims to be the GOAT.
Maybe we could just celebrate great players for what they bring to the game without trying to compare a midfielder with a full forward - (just with Dusty on top of the list 😉).

Agreed, but further to that is that as there is no set definition of what constitutes the GOAT, people will make their own determination and through their own eyes & biases.
I reckon Dusty is because he won big games off his own boot. Won every major medal except Coleman. I’m also biased Richmond.
But I can understand Hawks supporters picking Lethal, Roos picking Carey, Bombers picking Hird, Cats picking Ablett and Swans/saints picking Plugger. All have valid claims to be the GOAT.
Maybe we could just celebrate great players for what they bring to the game without trying to compare a midfielder with a full forward - (just with Dusty on top of the list 😉).

Find non Tiger supporters agreeing. You wont.

Cats supporters put Matthews in the top 3 or 5. Hawk supporters put GAS in the top 3 or 5.

That is how you know those 2 were that good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back