Has Clarkson 'done his time'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I know he hasn't been suspended or stood down for anything, but the fact remains that he has been out of the game for about 6 weeks or whatever it is.

If Clarkson is guilty of 'wrongdoing' but never actually faces the music in terms of an AFL punishment - would people be content that the 6 weeks he missed is punishment enough?

Or does missing weeks, without any acknowledgement of wrongdoing or at least 'unintended insensitivity' mean nothing?

Wouldn't surprise me if Hardwick ended up there? I have absolutely no basis of rumour or any fact, but it is convenient that he is now available if Clarkson decides to pull the pin on his coaching career altogether?

Exactly how many super coaches will the league be buying North Melbourne?

Wouldn't surprise me if Hardwick ended up there? I have absolutely no basis of rumour or any fact, but it is convenient that he is now available if Clarkson decides to pull the pin on his coaching career altogether?
I’ve never been a big fan of second wind coaches coming in and attempting to be the messiah for a long suffering club.

Spose it worked for Matthews and Malthouse (the latter a third time it was disastrous), but I can’t think of too many others that have been a roaring success.

Did you not comprehend the OP?
Well it is a bit of a dog’s breakfast OP let’s be honest. But that’s normal for you.

The reality surrounding this whole sordid ordeal is that the AFL have quashed this “report” and are praying it all just drifts away…

So obviously the little angry hobbit will be allowed to return to his job as senior coach of the NMFC.

However, if the accusations are deemed truth somewhere down the track, he’ll have to face the music.

Well it is a bit of a dog’s breakfast OP let’s be honest. But that’s normal for you.

The reality surrounding this whole sordid ordeal is that the AFL have quashed this “report” and are praying it all just drifts away…

So obviously the little angry hobbit will be allowed to return to his job as senior coach of the NMFC.

However, if the accusations are deemed truth somewhere down the track, he’ll have to face the music.
Well that's the premise of the OP.

His return to North is imminent it appears, and there will be no AFL punishment presumably.

So do people think the 6 weeks he has missed is as good as a punishment anyway?

If the gossip is true and he returns after the Hawthorn game, it will be an 8 week absence.

I’ve never been a big fan of second wind coaches coming in and attempting to be the messiah for a long suffering club.

Spose it worked for Matthews and Malthouse (the latter a third time it was disastrous), but I can’t think of too many others that have been a roaring success.

Doesn’t have to be a roaring success - quite happy with a Paul Roos @ Melbourne culture change type coaching role. But they do have to be fully invested - which is why Paul Roos @ North was a waste.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's the premise of the OP.

His return to North is imminent it appears, and there will be no AFL punishment presumably.

So do people think the 6 weeks he has missed is as good as a punishment anyway?

If the gossip is true and he returns after the Hawthorn game, it will be an 8 week absence.

No.

He either gets sacked (if evidence of truth) or no punishment.

6 weeks would barely touch the sides for the allegations.

Horrendous manipulation and overstepping. At best. At best the allegations portrayed the staff as obnoxious and insensitive…

This is a break for his health and I think should be seperate at lest for now.

agree

health should be a separate issue. if there is a need for punishment, that whole context of events can be considered and whether this health break is relevant, that is for others to decide.

If he is cleared by the AFL, you think that means he's done nothing wrong??
He's already been cleared by the AFL or not charged. I'm talking about the HRC, courts and other bodies. I don't know whether he has done anything wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back