FTA-TV Have You Been Paying Attention?

Remove this Banner Ad

Chrissy plays a much straighter bat than Tom. Not completely humourless but gives almost nothing for the panel to bounce around with. They have to do all the bouncing off each other instead.

Don't think it was necessarily bad... But different.

Prefer Tom, obviously.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody going to watch Mel Bracewell and Tim McDonald's new show ''the cheap seats''?

I tried tonight but lasted half an hour.

Don't think the format suits Mel. Tim is good but needs someone better suited.

Its a clear Daily Show clone (Charlie Pickering did a similar show didn't he?) but they're racing too quickly through content...which is odd considering its not a gameshow format like HYBPA

Anybody going to watch Mel Bracewell and Tim McDonald's new show ''the cheap seats''?
Watched it but lost my attention half way through. There were a couple of funny clips shown, but most of it either wasn't funny or was shown on HYBPA, and they seemed to rush through everything for no apparent reason

Feels like the kind of show that will be a lot better after a month or two (if it gets there).

Also how does Titus O'Reily keep getting on TV?

When they said he was the only guy that would come on, I’m not sure it was a joke.

Yeah that was a struggle.

Seemed like it was basically HYBPA with two contestants, and the jokes lose a lot of their impact when it’s obvious they’re pre-written.
A lot of HYBPA jokes are pre-written too, they just hide it better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back