Preview Hawks vs Pies - Changes and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ins, outs, and all discussion pertaining to the final home and away game of the year.

amnesty-toy-soldiers.jpg

Out: Birchall (inj.), Whitecross
In: Young, Hooper

This would be ideal. If hodge is fit to play, then this should happen.

If we take WhiteX into a final, I think we're putting ourselves in a bad position. He isn't really up to it this year. Bad awareness and can turn over a ball.

would actually like to experiment a bit in final round now that we are playing finals. Rest hodge, bateman and maybe mitchell and bring in muston,shiels and hooper. could also maybe try either shoenmaker or lilse in back half as key backman and release gibson as attacking half back to cover for birchill. Would be good development for shiels to have run with role on swan or pendlebury.We need the hodge ,mitch and the run of bateman to be a force in september so a rest would be ideal for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't rest players un;ess its a real iffy injury, I would try and win this game against Collingwood, in the hopes maybe they rest up a bit... because we win, we finish 5th and get a guaranteed home final... now that's worth playing for!

Hodgey played with no ribs and spitting blood last prelim. A sore knee is nothing.

He'll get up

^ (@Sociable)

I'd rather continuity leading up to the finals rather than experimenting with players that won't realistically be getting a gig during the finals campaign.

In: Young
Out: Birch

Hoops for Hodge as stated too if needed.

Thought Skip did really well today, i love the little things he does around the forward line.

Musto in to play on shaw is an interesting suggestion - tend to think Lewis might get that role however, while Sewell/Changa will take Pendles/Didak.

I bet the guys loved being able to play an offensive game today and not have to worry about playing tagging roles etc.

OUTS:
Burch
INS
youngy

MAYBE:
if hooper is right bring him in for wx and if hodgie isnt right bring hoops in for him.

i dont think hodgey is injured that badly i think the look that he was giving was more him being pissed about not playing then anything else....hopefully.

Clinton Young and Rhan Hooper have had adequate time on the sidelines and should be fit and raring to go round 22 and beyond. These are two massive inclusions.

Grant Birchall will miss round 22 and the first two weeks of the finals. Does Rick Ladson take his spot? Maybe. Young can play his role, however we might need him further up field.

Two players I would consider resting for round 22, however maybe not aswell Luke Hodge (knee) and Brent Renouf (toiled all season, the same rest did Robert campbell wonders in 2008).

If we rest the players;
In: Hooper, Young, Taylor, Ladson
Out: Birchall (inj), Whitecross (omitted), Renouf (rested), Hodge (rested)

If we don't rest;
In: Hooper, Young
Out: Birchall (hamstring), Whitecross

Some people are suggesting we rest players but it's a must win game to have a home final.

We have a great record against the pies and albeit a tough game we still have a big chance of securing a home final.

I see no point in putting up the white flag and having to play interstate where we have been pretty much woeful for the best part of two seasons now.

To give the finals a good shake we have to beat the calibre of such teams as the pies and next weeks game can be a great springboard deep into september.

Some people are suggesting we rest players but it's a must win game to have a home final.

We have a great record against the pies and albeit a tough game we still have a big chance of securing a home final.

I see no point in putting up the white flag and having to play interstate where we have been pretty much woeful for the best part of two seasons now.

To give the finals a good shake we have to beat the calibre of such teams as the pies and next weeks game can be a great springboard deep into september.

We will know our fete before we play next week.
If Freo win, we play them over there whether we win or now (assuming Swans beat Lions).
Still, it would be good to knock off the Pies.
We must go full tilt.

Ok how about this for the changes

Young and hooper in for whitex and birchall and Hodge a late withdrawal if Freo win?

I see your reasoning as if Freo win our chance of a home final are slim, but there is always the remote possibility of Brisbane getting up. Yes, it's extremely unlikely, but while there is hope it would be foolish to not at least give it a go.

Had the Swans/Brisbane game been on before ours so we were in a position to know the results then i might be tempted to consider it.

And lets be honest, what better way to fire the boys and and get them believing in themselves than by knocking off the in-form Premiership fancies? We have beaten the Dogs, Drawn with the Saints, know we can match it with the Cats (came awfully close twice this year) so if we could tick off the Wobbles as well then we'd know we can match it with anyone (have beaten Freo, Swans and Carlton as well so there would be no possible match up that we wouldn't have already done well against)

would actually like to experiment a bit in final round now that we are playing finals. Rest hodge, bateman and maybe mitchell and bring in muston,shiels and hooper. could also maybe try either shoenmaker or lilse in back half as key backman and release gibson as attacking half back to cover for birchill. Would be good development for shiels to have run with role on swan or pendlebury.We need the hodge ,mitch and the run of bateman to be a force in september so a rest would be ideal for them.

while we are at it, why not rest buddy and roughy, play cyril rioli at full back, all to lose by a goal and fly over to perth in the first week of the finals??

if you want, why not change our name to freo?? resting players is not an option when there is something on the line!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back