Out:
Birchall - inj
Hodge - General soreness (knee)
Whitecross

In:
Young - if fit - for Whitecross
Muston - for Birch
Shiels - for Hodge

Why play Hodgie when we can rest him and get him "cherry ripe" for finals, he'll be better for it.

Two forced changes and 1 performanced based.

Hooper in for Birchall. Hooper plays forward, Whitecross plays all day in defence.

or

Young in for Birchall. Young plays wing, Lewis plays on O'Brien as a tagging forward.

Hooper in for Birchall. Hooper plays forward, Whitecross plays all day in defence.

or

Young in for Birchall. Young plays wing, Lewis plays on O'Brien as a tagging forward.

How about Hooper playing on harry o. He has the speed and tackling nouse to limit his effectiveness. Just blanket their run from that flank. Depends on who they think is more valuable peterson or whitex (Gut says whitey stays in for a role in defence. Peterson goes out for a rest before the finals.)

Young in for Birchall

Shiels or Peterson late change for Hodge if Carlton lose

Interesting interpretation. In round 4:-

Cloke kicked a couple, had 11 marks and 17 disposals....apparently whilst playing with his pants around his ankles last time.

Schoenmakers manager 14 touches and from memory pretty much pinpointed the opposition with most of them.

Schoey hardly played on Cloke especially in the second half when he and Gilham took turns in being beaten by your resting rucks Jolly and Fraser.

As for Schoey's form at Box Hill he was quite good in the first half and very quiet in the second.

Muston hurt his hand badly and he was clearly in a lot of pain when he went to the bench. Shiels gave his a knee a good wrench late in the game.

Both players would have to be in some doubt for Saturday.

A shame we never once got our best 22 on the park this season.

(I have Hooper in our best 22)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(hopefully) Young in for Birch - if not im prepared to give Ladson a go because of his disposal efficiency... The pies HF swarm will mean our backline will really need to have good foot and hand skills...

Hopefully hodgy is ok to play - if not rotate existing midfield through Hodgy's role and bring back Hoops...

Didak hurt his shoulder again at training today and is in serious doubt for this game.

It wouldn't do us any harm if he missed.

He's the kind of bloke that can be hardly seen for 3 quarters and yet still tear a game apart in the space of 5 minutes by kicking multiple goals and changing the momentum.

Wouldn't hurt my Supercoach chances this week either if I can be a bit selfish :p

Didak hurt his shoulder again at training today and is in serious doubt for this game.
That's a lovely story except that Collingwood have not trained this week yet. :rolleyes: He would be playing this week if it were a final, but he will probably miss due to the significance of the match. I would like this to be the Collingwood team this week...

B: Alan Toovey, Nathan Brown, Nick Maxwell
HB: Heath Shaw, Ben Reid, Harry O'Brien
C: Sharrod Wellingham, Luke Ball, Dale Thomas
HF: Dayne Beams, Travis Cloke, Steele Sidebottom
For: Paul Medhurst, Chris Dawes, Leon Davis
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dane Swan
Inter: Josh Fraser (congratulations on 200 games finally), Brent Macaffer, Ben Johnson, Jarryd Blair
Emer: John Anthony, Simon Buckley, Tyson Goldsack, Tarkyn Lockyer

In: Reid, Medhurst, Davis, Fraser
Out: L.Brown (suspended), Didak (bruised shoulder), Anthony, Goldsack
He's the kind of bloke that can be hardly seen for 3 quarters and yet still tear a game apart in the space of 5 minutes by kicking multiple goals and changing the momentum.
Well that hasn't happened this season regarding Didak. He has been a consistent four quarter performer.

If Sydney wins it wont matter if we beat the Pies or not we still finish 7th don't we?
I remember back in 2007 round 22 against the Swans and we lost by 70 points, that game our players just ran around like it was training and did not put in any effort because they did not want to risk getting injured going into the finals, i can see the same thing happening this weekend.
Also i am pretty sure had they had a chance for top 4 spot too if im not wrong..

If Sydney wins it wont matter if we beat the Pies or not we still finish 7th don't we?
I remember back in 2007 round 22 against the Swans and we lost by 70 points, that game our players just ran around like it was training and did not put in any effort because they did not want to risk getting injured going into the finals, i can see the same thing happening this weekend.
Also i am pretty sure had they had a chance for top 4 spot too if im not wrong..

Depends on Carlton, If we win and they win and sydney win. we will finish 6th.
And play carlton wk1.

B: Alan Toovey, Nathan Brown, Nick Maxwell
HB: Heath Shaw, Ben Reid, Harry O'Brien
C: Sharrod Wellingham, Luke Ball, Dale Thomas
HF: Dayne Beams, Travis Cloke, Steele Sidebottom
For: Paul Medhurst, Chris Dawes, Leon Davis
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dane Swan
Inter: Josh Fraser (congratulations on 200 games finally), Brent Macaffer, Ben Johnson, Jarryd Blair
Emer: John Anthony, Simon Buckley, Tyson Goldsack, Tarkyn Lockyer

In: Reid, Medhurst, Davis, Fraser
Out: L.Brown (suspended), Didak (bruised shoulder), Anthony, Goldsack.
VS.
B: Tom Murphy, Stephen Gilham, Campbell Brown
HB: Ben Stratton, Josh Gibson, Brent Guerra
C: Chance Batemen, Sam Mitchell, Shaun Burgoyne
HF: Jordan Lewis, Lance Franklin, Michael Osborne
For: Xavier Ellis, Jarryd Roughead, Rhan Hooper
Foll: Brent Renouf, Cyril Rioli, Brad Sewell
Inter From: Wayde Skipper, Luke Hodge( if he gets up ), Clinton Young(if he gets up), Carl Peterson, Brendon Whitecross, Rick Ladson, Beau Muston

IN: Clinton Young(if fit), Rhan Hooper, Rick Ladson, Beau Muston
OUT:Grant Birchall

You will basically know your fate after Friday night's game.
I doubt whether Sydney will lose to Brisbane.If Fev was playing with Brown may have been a different story.

But most likely this game on Saturday will mean zero to both clubs especially if Freo win on Friday night.
Both clubs have nothing to gain going at 100% with finals at stake,especially you guys who play cutthroat final either in Sydney or worse freo.

So Hodge won't play he is your play maker without him be difficult for you guys to win,unless we fall asleep again.

So Hodge won't play he is your play maker without him be difficult for you guys to win,unless we fall asleep again.

Burgoyne and Rioli are play makers also and will step up this week. Hodge probably won't play but neither will Didak and Presti, and Reid is in doubt from what I understand. We played a VFL standard team last week which is hardly the ideal preparation, but I think it will be close either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back