Welcome Hawthorn appoints Tracey Gaudry as its new CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Having worked in the corporate sphere most of my adult life - you can quickly tell who would suffer fools and bullshit and who would be an absolute no-nonsense head kicker. In the presser she quickly reminded me of the latter.
It's the latter that I would prefer to work for (unfortunately I have the former, most frustrating!) It's why I think she will be great for us!

As people will find out pretty quick, she is mentally tougher than most men and will not take a backwards step. I would love to see an idiot like Sam Newman take her on, it would be a massacre.

Sam Newman's no idiot. The only problem I've had with Sam over the years is he evolved through the footy media over the years with a certain persona on clown outfit shows like the Footy Show. Had he elected to be a serious sporting journalist he would have been very good, but how do you have a proper conversation with brain dead people like Bill Brownless, Brenton Fevola, etc?

His persona was built on arrogance and taking a contrary point of view. Oh, how he loves to be contrary and controversial as a result. Take the Essendon saga for instance. If most people in the media kept defending Essendon, You can bet your bottom dollar that Sam would have been in there sinking the boot into them.

It's how he works, thus creating the illusion he's an idiot. He's no idiot, he's as sly and cunning as a fox in a hen house.

Sam Newman's no idiot. The only problem I've had with Sam over the years is he evolved through the footy media over the years with a certain persona on clown outfit shows like the Footy Show. Had he elected to be a serious sporting journalist he would have been very good, but how do you have a proper conversation with brain dead people like Bill Brownless, Brenton Fevola, etc?

His persona was built on arrogance and taking a contrary point of view. Oh, how he loves to be contrary and controversial as a result. Take the Essendon saga for instance. If most people in the media kept defending Essendon, You can bet your bottom dollar that Sam would have been in there sinking the boot into them.

It's how he works, thus creating the illusion he's an idiot. He's no idiot, he's as sly and cunning as a fox in a hen house.

He was on a celebrity episode of Who Wants To Be a Millionaire and as it was for charity got a lot of help from Eddie getting through the initial safe questions. He then bombed out by locking in Abraham Lincoln as being the first president of the US. He's certainly quick witted - but he is most definitely not all that intellectual. He generally belittles those who have less intellect than him (the great unwashed on the street talk segments, Crawf, Mario Fenech etc) to give him the appearance of some intellectual superiority - but anyone with half a brain could absolutely demolish him in an argument.

Im going to have to respectfully disagree.
Caro is a massive hero and inspiration of mine and a lot of women in football so I might be a little bias.
Blind Freddy could see that she is taking on a massive job it's obvious. Hawthorn aren't the same team or club that we were 2 years ago.
On the field we are a rabble and clearly something is happening off.
She has issues with our club? Please. She is doing her job. Plenty of other journalists and media personalities are commenting on hawthorn, but Caro hates us? Ok..

I wouldn't say Caro hates us as such, but what she does hate is the fact that we are successful, while Richmond have shown promise, but failed to deliver. More envy than hate I would say.

In the past 70+ years we have gone from 0 to 13 premierships while Richmond have managed only 5. We have won 9 since Richmond won their last one.

Add to this the regular internal turmoil in recent years, compared to how we made a new start after the debacle of 1996, and you can see that there is little or no comparison between the two clubs. This must upset Caro. I wonder how many memberships she has microwaved.:oops:

I wouldn't say Caro hates us as such, but what she does hate is the fact that we are successful, while Richmond have shown promise, but failed to deliver. More envy than hate I would say.

In the past 70+ years we have gone from 0 to 13 premierships while Richmond have managed only 5. We have won 9 since Richmond won their last one.

Add to this the regular internal turmoil in recent years, compared to how we made a new start after the debacle of 1996, and you can see that there is little or no comparison between the two clubs. This must upset Caro. I wonder how many memberships she has microwaved.:oops:

I think it more specifically relates to the 1967 - 1980's era.
Caro's father was Richmond President for 10-11 years during that time. Richmond won 4 premierships from 1967 - 1974, and looked to being the dominant team from then on: arrogant Richmond supporters were everywhere. But suddenly there was a Hawthorn hurricane in the early 1980's! Not only did the Hawks just dominate the whole competition from then on, but Richmond have only won once in 1980, and now have 37 barren years.

One of my best friends used to lord it over me in the 1967-1974 years, but doesn't say much now!

Caro I'm sure is affected by this, and the and venom she puts into any Hawthorn article is evidence of this.

Caro is free to criticise Tracey the same way she would any other incoming CEO. The fact we hired a woman is great, but she doesn't get a pass from criticism from female journalists just because she's female.

Whatever concerns people have about how our club is run doesn't change just because a woman is now running it.

If so, cool! Then we can expect a brown and gold range of these puppies in Hawks Nest some time soon. :thumbsu: :drunk:

View attachment 365502
ed7e7d164680e5625f21e8665c7d2300.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it more specifically relates to the 1967 - 1980's era.
Caro's father was Richmond President for 10-11 years during that time. Richmond won 4 premierships from 1967 - 1974, and looked to being the dominant team from then on: arrogant Richmond supporters were everywhere. But suddenly there was a Hawthorn hurricane in the early 1980's! Not only did the Hawks just dominate the whole competition from then on, but Richmond have only won once in 1980, and now have 37 barren years.

One of my best friends used to lord it over me in the 1967-1974 years, but doesn't say much now!

Caro I'm sure is affected by this, and the and venom she puts into any Hawthorn article is evidence of this.
I'm sure it really keeps her up at night :rolleyes:

He was on a celebrity episode of Who Wants To Be a Millionaire and as it was for charity got a lot of help from Eddie getting through the initial safe questions. He then bombed out by locking in Abraham Lincoln as being the first president of the US. He's certainly quick witted - but he is most definitely not all that intellectual. He generally belittles those who have less intellect than him (the great unwashed on the street talk segments, Crawf, Mario Fenech etc) to give him the appearance of some intellectual superiority - but anyone with half a brain could absolutely demolish him in an argument.
He is one of those people who you either like or you don't. There is no in between. Personally I don't, as I think take away the controversy surrounding him, he just becomes irrelevant. But then I stopped watching the footy show after the pie in the face segment, as I was over the immature controversial elements of the show.

Given how much is at stake with Dingley I'm nervous the club has taken a punt on an outsider to the industry
Seven years experience working for a large engineering firm as Head of Operations. I'm glad the club has hired someone with perfect industry experience for delivering a building project.

Seven years experience working for a large engineering firm as Head of Operations. I'm glad the club has hired someone with perfect industry experience for delivering a building project.
Yes that is why it takes a while to find the right person with the right skills as sometimes they are not available at the time you need them
With Dingley as a major focus, Tracey's skill set covers all the areas we need going forward
In Tracey I trust

I don't watch TFS but I do recall Newman defending Dank quite vigorously. I think the BigFooty detectives figured out that Newman is a client of Dank's anti ageing chemical regime and wrote off his view as being completely biased and self serving..

Last edited:
Vice President of a world body like the UCI and a general manager at Athletics Australia say to me; Very well qualified

All the best to Tracey

Caroline Wilson hates Clarko
My recollection is that early in his career at Hawthorn Wilson wrote or said something AC took exception to.
AC confronted her at a TV studio re what she had said/wrote ...and according to Wilson he was angry abusive and swore at her.
Wilson took offence at the language and the two have never got on since.
What is amusing is that anyone who knows her father (Octa Wilson ) will vouch for the fact that he has a well earned reputation for using foul language in public. So it is amusing Caroline W would be so offended by AC using bad language.

The rest I simply put down to the fact that Clarko will not walk down media street and pander to the press.
See the recent spat with Robbo the Drunk & the Herald Sun.
I'm pretty sure that goes back to the Drunk & Herald Sun publishing the stolen/ purchased medical records of some Hawthorn players.

Go Clarko give them nothing.

Guys, relax - caro doesn't hate us. She has hardly written an article about us. We would be ranked 12-14th on the clubs she hates the most
Caro does not hate us.

When she thinks of us she thinks the exact opposite of Richmond.

I would say it's a healthy case of Hawk Envy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back