Welcome Hawthorn appoints Tracey Gaudry as its new CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Caroline Wilson hates Clarko
My recollection is that early in his career at Hawthorn Wilson wrote or said something AC took exception to.
AC confronted her at a TV studio re what she had said/wrote ...and according to Wilson he was angry abusive and swore at her.
Wilson took offence at the language and the two have never got on since.
What is amusing is that anyone who knows her father (Octa Wilson ) will vouch for the fact that he has a well earned reputation for using foul language in public. So it is amusing Caroline W would be so offended by AC using bad language.

The rest I simply put down to the fact that Clarko will not walk down media street and pander to the press.
See the recent spat with Robbo the Drunk & the Herald Sun.
I'm pretty sure that goes back to the Drunk & Herald Sun publishing the stolen/ purchased medical records of some Hawthorn players.

Go Clarko give them nothing.
How do we know that caro took offense to the language? Was it published somewhere or just urban myth?

Say what you will about affirmative action or what role her gender played in getting the job, but i'm not sure anyone could listen to her press conference and not be confident that she is a fantastic choice to lead our footy club. She comes across as very switched on, very motivated, and someone who fits very well into the Hawthorn way of doing things - cut out the bullshit and just get the job done. She also seems to have a very clear idea of how she's going to lead the club, and the direction we'll be going under her leadership.

On the topic of gender, she seems like the kind of woman who is perfect in an industry which is still a bit of a boys club. I get the feeling that if anyone tries anything with her, she would absolutely tear them to shreds. I would love to be a fly on the wall if she and Clarko ever get into a heated debate. As brilliant as Clarko is, i'm not sure he'd stand a chance.

All in all, pretty pleased to have her at the club. Welcome to the family Tracey!

Love it.

Although further investigation indicates Tracey was a Geelong fan. This appointment must be stopped :p

Kids make stupid decisions - as a rational, educated adult she's chosen Hawthorn!

A message from the new CEO:

Dear Hawthorn members,

I wanted to officially introduce myself as your new Chief Executive Officer.

I feel incredibly honoured and fortunate to be joining not only a club, but a family, like Hawthorn.

To be given the opportunity to lead an organisation with such a successful track record, strong culture and family values is a great privilege and a significant responsibility, both of which I take extremely seriously.

Hawthorn is a club whose standing in the community is built on sheer hard work. A club that continually strives for improvement and invests for success. A club that is prepared to stand up and be counted and is always determined to innovate.

These are all aspects that I love about Hawthorn and I hope to continue through drawing on my knowledge and experience in the world of sport, community and business.

I have been privileged to be able to build a career in elite sport over more than two decades, both as a former professional athlete and through important roles in sports administration including General Manager – Commercial and Growth at Athletics Australia, Vice President of the world governing body for the sport of cycling, the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) and a contributor to the International Olympic Committee on gender inclusion.

Growing up in regional Victoria I was the typical kid, kicking the footy about the oval on the weekend and while once upon a time the Cats may have held my allegiance, there is no doubting that Hawthorn now have my heart.

Prior to being appointed to the role I had heard Hawthorn labelled as the family club. Less than 24 hours after being appointed I was absolute in my belief that Hawthorn very much is the family club.

I have been embraced by Richard, the Board, Alastair, the staff, players and everyone I have crossed paths with so far at Hawthorn. In such a short space of time they have made me feel welcome, at ease and at home.

I am thrilled to join such a welcoming environment and cannot wait to introduce my three beautiful children, Emily (14), Ellen (12) and Jack (9) and my husband Tony to such a terrific club.

Australia is a sporting nation and Australian Rules Football is ingrained in our DNA. I am incredibly excited by the opportunity to join our national game, particularly at a time of such progression.

I was elected by Richard and the Board to drive our club into the future through innovation and aspiration.

I am dedicated, resilient, competitive, loyal and above all else, passionate. I promise you I will be diligent in ensuring Hawthorn reaffirms itself as a leader and a benchmark in not only the AFL, but Australian sport.

I'm so proud to be part of Hawthorn Football Club and I look forward to seeing you all at the football.

Thank you for your ongoing support of our football club and for welcoming me into the Hawthorn family.

Strong as one. Always.

Warm regards,
0uLlCC_1P1bxywWkcKSOXyNlgro2QzgJfe-9lDUB2QPj8zMsBiMsIdnZ62afIFAF1prmt9U-drOINFZkzJ426SybiKTNVPpJdthoO_oA3Y3RiR2b1V-e6_bQZYXeZDgpFKzQAXCSO-8ZXZ5RraO29g=s0-d-e1-ft

Tracey Gaudry

Welcome to Tracey, sounds like a fantastic appointment and her track record speaks for itself.

Great work by all involved, she looks to be an accomplished leader. Awesome news.

She went into the leadership meeting today and told the players its time to pull up our socks. - 7 news

Was there a camera in there or some actual evidence that supports this or is it fake news

Say what you will about affirmative action or what role her gender played in getting the job, but i'm not sure anyone could listen to her press conference and not be confident that she is a fantastic choice to lead our footy club. She comes across as very switched on, very motivated, and someone who fits very well into the Hawthorn way of doing things - cut out the bullshit and just get the job done. She also seems to have a very clear idea of how she's going to lead the club, and the direction we'll be going under her leadership.

On the topic of gender, she seems like the kind of woman who is perfect in an industry which is still a bit of a boys club. I get the feeling that if anyone tries anything with her, she would absolutely tear them to shreds. I would love to be a fly on the wall if she and Clarko ever get into a heated debate. As brilliant as Clarko is, i'm not sure he'd stand a chance.

All in all, pretty pleased to have her at the club. Welcome to the family Tracey!

Some people can turn up the passion/anger then move on and get on with the business

Some like Robbo go off in a huff and keep telling people over and over they're never going to discuss it ever again. Ever. Again. Ever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im going to have to respectfully disagree.
Caro is a massive hero and inspiration of mine and a lot of women in football so I might be a little bias.
Blind Freddy could see that she is taking on a massive job it's obvious. Hawthorn aren't the same team or club that we were 2 years ago.
On the field we are a rabble and clearly something is happening off.
She has issues with our club? Please. She is doing her job. Plenty of other journalists and media personalities are commenting on hawthorn, but Caro hates us? Ok..

Caro is a gossip. Her articles about us are always supposition because the club won't talk to the media unless we want to. Her articles never contain fact just her opinion. She is so opinionated she probably has two arseholes;). She repeatedly drags Clarko's 30yo past up but never mentions the positive stuff he does now.
Yes she was dogged after the *, but otherwise I generally find her a negative gossip monger.

She went into the leadership meeting today and told the players its time to pull up our socks. - 7 news
Well, as long as she said "our socks" and not "your socks", I've got no problem with it...

One for all, all for one, etc

Well, as long as she said "our socks" and not "your socks", I've got no problem with it...

One for all, all for one, etc

You didn't notice her beautiful gold coloured scarf?
I couldn't tell the colour of her dress but surely it was brown.

She's a Hawk now!

Is she supposed to say pull up our stockings boys?

Not a story if she's a guy. We'll have to expect this kind of reporting. Even feminist journos will take part

One aspect recently has been the Faux concern at the hawthorn brain drain as people left
Not one mention of how the afl generally is so much better because of this

I hope Tracey shakes the joint up. Given the arse has fallen out of the joint it's time for someone to shake it up and set a new direction.

I don't mind losing, and I don't mind a rebuild, but getting thumped by s**t teams isnt acceptable.

I know she's not the coach, and I know it'll take a while for her to have any tangible effect on the place, but the appointment of a new leader of this calibre gives me some optimism.

Caro is a gossip. Her articles about us are always supposition because the club won't talk to the media unless we want to. Her articles never contain fact just her opinion. She is so opinionated she probably has two arseholes;). She repeatedly drags Clarko's 30yo past up but never mentions the positive stuff he does now.
Yes she was dogged after the *, but otherwise I generally find her a negative gossip monger.
I haven't heard Caro bring up his past. Just because you coach a team to 4 premierships doesn't make you a good person. Clarkson doesn't have a great history and I see no problem in bringing it up.
Caroline sees through the stupid boys club of forgiveness/overlooking any wrong doing and ignoring anything bad.

She's our Manchurian candidate sent to carry out an inside job that will set back the Hawthorn Football Club for decades. :footy: :thumbsu: :D

Well Fox certainly didn't do a good job of that for you guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back