Strategy Hawthorn IP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Furn2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We've lost some all time great players over recent times no doubt but we've also brought in some very good talent.

But is our issue more about the talent we we've lost off field than on?

This year we are now 0-4 against teams coached by ex Hawks assistants with a percentage of 75, while we sit 8-2 with a percentage of 135 against teams that are coached by guys who weren't coaches at Hawthorn.

Add to that the fact it was the Bulldogs who ended our flag run and we also lost the last time we played the Blues its clear that our IP is out there and it's used against us.

Fagan and Hodge destroyed us also.

Overrated I think. Maybe gives our opponents a slight edge, but it didn't help the eagles in '15 - or any of our opponents back then, in fact.

Listening to Clarko on the couch and I am just so happy this bloke is leading us and will continue to lead us for years on end.

1-5 now for the year v 8-2.

Brisbane have won 3 games, 2 against us.

Carlton have won 2 in 25. One of those is us.

It's clearly a thing and its cost us our season.

I can see how this ends.

When we were up, we lost them all.

On the slide, we lost more.

When we hit rock bottom, theyll be like we are a basketcase that deserves it because we didnt hold our IP but sorry no help for you

Of course when we where the best and had all these coaches this wasn't an issue.

But now it is.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but it cant be ignored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's clearly an issue, unless brisbane, carlton are just better then we think.
Then the IP hasn't changed.
It's pretty simple.

Carlton have won 2 games since round 14, 2017. 1 of those was against Hawthorn. Good sides don't go over a year with only 1 other win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back