Hawthorn - no better than last year

Remove this Banner Ad

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have failed to live up to the hype so far and on what we've seen they aren't really a better side than last year or the year before.

Got a depleted Magpies and a Crows in Melbourne - hardly convincing.

A good draw should see them still figure up the top but some serious concerns.

Have failed to live up to the hype so far and on what we've seen they aren't really a better side than last year or the year before.

Got a depleted Magpies and a Crows in Melbourne - hardly convincing.

A good draw?

Why is it called a draw?

A draw is when names/numbers/whatever are pulled out of a hat.

The FIXTURE is certainly not a draw.

Hawthorn looked very average. They will recover though. The Swans look great, and even ran over the top of them with one less fit player on the bench with Roberts-Thompson and Malceski injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wtf.jpg

There's almost no point to make this thread. After that match, we all know that hawthorn are not playing any better, no arguments there. Still early but I suspect we might just be making up the numbers.

not really suprised, backline isn't great.
Their tall defenders outside of Gibson are playing ordinary football. It looks like they miss Gilham a fair bit down there. The bigger issue is they have been unable to restrict Sydney once they got their flow. Sydney's performance is the bigger talking point for mine. Their player development program looks second to none.

Is it possible we're all just massively underrating Sydney? They are undefeated for a reason you know...
Quite probably, yet again; but premiership contenders on a ground their opponents haven't seen before and aren't suited to should not get over-run like that.
Its far too early in the year to write the Hawks off though. There is plenty of time for a genuinely good side to bounce back and have a crack at the flag.

I expected to be 3-2 after 5 rounds so 2-3 isn't a disaster. I am concerned at how we can seem to fall asleep though.

Not sure where the hype came from anyway, it's not like we recruited anybody special.

Perhaps the media darlings of the last six months and "Grand Final certainties" are nowhere near as good as many thought...

Going to be interesting to see how this week is handled by the media & Clarkson. Excuses galore probably & like Carlton against my mob I'm sure it will just be labelled a "just a bad day for Hawthorn" and all about how they were "10% off their game".

Pathetic effort from a very overrated team. Buddy Franklin has 1.9 to his name over the past two rounds, even Kent Kingsley would laugh at those figures. We don't deserve to be a contender with some of the second rate hacks we have in our team. I've given up all hope for the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back