News Hawthorn Racism Scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

Not even back room apology or agreement. With the victims not trusting the AFL to actually deal with the allegations, it'll be more like "no evidence available" so the AFL's hands are tied, so everyone will just continue on as before.

Kinda like what actually happened with the SafeworkSA investigation into a certain camp.
Yeah pretty much just have to wait for someone to write a book about it.

I lifted this from the Fox site.Apologies if it's already been posted.
My emphasis and I am particularly drawn to it did highlight some serious issues with some past players and their families.

In a letter to members on Wednesday, Kennett continued to defend the club’s current culture.

“We were deeply saddened by the findings of the survey among our First Nations players, past and present,” he wrote.

“While that survey re-enforced that the club is a culturally safe workplace for our current players, it did highlight some serious issues with some past
players and their families.

“Their stories, anonymously told, were provided to the AFL integrity unit as we were required to do and as was recommended in the survey report. The AFL is now conducting its investigations.

“That said we have already been working with the families concerned to better understand their concerns and assist them where possible and reasonable.

“We, like you, await the results of the AFL’s investigation.”

You were complaining that they weren't given "alot of time". The ABC offered to delay publishing the article if the Clarkson/Fagan wanted more time to respond. They advised them of this through multiple channels after their initial request for response. They made no response to the initial request for comment or the offer for publishing delay.

It's fine to not respond but when a journalist advises you they have allegations of such conduct from first-hand witness it would be expected it will be published. They could have requested more time to respond and then just not respond. The entire industry is used to having unethical conduct swept under the carpet and it's likely they hoped/expected it would just go away.

ABC: These players under your care have made these allegations. Would you like to make any response?
Clarkson/Fagan/their managers/their clubs: crickets
ABC: Hi again. Would you like to respond to the allegations in our last contact? Do you want more time to respond?
Clarkson/Fagan/managers/clubs: crickets
ABC: publishes article.
Smooth brains: tHeY dIdN't GiVe ThEm AnY tImE tO rEsPoNd

Yeah, I'm happy to be enlightened, and it's a viewpoint, not a complaint. I'm assuming that these coaches are obligated to provide the journalist a detailed response of which time is an issue but if any lesser response or "no response" is acceptable then time isn't any issue. It's folly to provide too much detail to a journalist anyway, and the offer of more time is likely to not be significant anyhow. Anyway, these coaches are obviously following professional advice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't "Amy" refusing to give any evidence or face any questions? She has made some very serious allegations, if you refuse to back them up in any way, I'm not really sure how any of the accused can face any sanction. In fact it could go the other way and she could face some serious legal ramifications for reputational damage.

Amy has a choice- pursue this in the Courts (in which case participating in this tribunal is a bad idea), let it all go or participate. We don’t know her mental state or how fragile she remains. It will be an ordeal if she participated.

Without knowing how she is travelling, don’t judge her decision.

There's nothing to be achieved at this point by the accusers. Everyone already believes them and the AFL 'process' is just an excercise in optics with the express purpose of ensuring that Clarkson can coach North Melbourne next year and beyond. They're better off going to court and shaking Hawthorn/the AFL down for some cash.

Isn't "Amy" refusing to give any evidence or face any questions? She has made some very serious allegations, if you refuse to back them up in any way, I'm not really sure how any of the accused can face any sanction. In fact it could go the other way and she could face some serious legal ramifications for reputational damage.
Refusing to participate in the afl ‘investigation’.
Not the same as a court case.
The accused will not have any sanction out of the afl investigation - I think that’s the point Amy is making.
There is no way in the world the Afl panel will suspend Clarkson or provide any sanction to him. We all know that right? Or is the afl all of a sudden a shining light of transparency?

This statement is the equivalent of Collingwood claiming because they are a big club that it makes sense that all the big games and the GF should be on their home turf.

Jeez what could go wrong with the accusers participating in an enquiry set up by the AFL (no matter how 'independant' it is made to appear).

This will end up in the courts - no doubt about it. As the seriousness of the allegations demand.

Hahaha, it was a bit garbled.

Anyone would be mad to take on a large government organisation like the AFL on their terms. Just because they ARE the AFL they shouldn't get to dictate the rules of engagement.

Anyone going up against them would be well advised to choose when and where to fight.

Hahaha, it was a bit garbled.

Anyone would be mad to take on a large government organisation like the AFL on their terms. Just because they ARE the AFL they shouldn't get to dictate the rules of engagement.

Anyone going up against them would be well advised to choose when and where to fight.
Surely "Amy" has some serious legal representation. This is Melbourne, not Alice Springs. There'd be dozens of firms clamouring to associate themselves with this case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back