News Healy rates Hawthorn as number 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos is great as a new co-host on "On The Couch", really kinda leaves James Hird in his dust.
But I really hope Sheehan can start to learn not to pester his co-hosts about whether they will coach next year. He did it every week last year, and it became tedious really quickly. His first question to Roos last night was "Will you coach next year, Roosy?"
Just ****ing get over it and talk about other issues you twit, Sheehan.

I like what Healy has written. The Stratton secret is out.

Not sure about Isaac playing round 1.

I like to hear we can go all the way, but are trying very hard to play it down. After our round one win last year everything turned to s**t pretty quickly.

I like what Healy has written. The Stratton secret is out.

Not sure about Isaac playing round 1.

I like to hear we can go all the way, but are trying very hard to play it down. After our round one win last year everything turned to s**t pretty quickly.

This is why Im loving everyone talking up Collingwood. They all think they only have to turn up and its theirs. Well, I think they are in for a rude shock. Wow they beat Ess in a Practise match GF.

And as Roosy said last night on the couch, a "healthy" Hawthorn will be a contender. And Im not saying this because Im a Hawks supporter, but, Healthy Hawthorn Vs Healthy Collingwood, we are all over them!

Reiwoldt and Brown were handled well last season so whats the fascination with croads absence ?

Got caught out with surprise fwd lines more than big ones.

For mine the trick for Clarko will be balancing the grunt with the speed - some regulars in good form may be sacrificed to get this right

Jeffs comments in HawkTalk highlighted the youngsters beat the oldies in a scratch game. Freo too. Good observation I wonder it we will be talking more about that scratch game later in the season ?

I havent really heard any real insight from any of the 'preview' writers all preseason. Everyone has Burgoyne looking the goods (how could they not after the preseason form) - everyone talks about buddy, rioli, roughy's kicking, our backline, Hale and our rucks.

And everyone has talked about the hawks on-field tactics and how we fell behind the eight ball - I dont reckon a single commentator would have picked up on this if it wasnt for Clarko laying it all out in front of them with a couple of interviews. If these guys were so clued in to our tactical deficiencies why havent we heard from the commentators about the tactical changes that we have been evident during the pre-season, particularly in light of the often predicted top 4 finish from these guys.

Healy, Connoly, et al are all just a bunch of hacks who spill out the same old line because they can barely think for themselves.

rant finished...

Missed out on Tarrant by a whisker?

Didn't know we were that much in the hunt.

Exaggeration on Gerard's part, or were we serious players behind the scenes in that one?

I agree with Pessemistic that the rookies beating the older statesmen is a very significant event. Some of the pace that made that happen has to come into the side as ooutside running.

Healy also makes a very good point in the article where he says if it is Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and Sewell doing the grunt work and putting the ball in Isaac Smith (and Savage's) hands then they might just be made to look a whole lot better.

Getting close!!

eldo I think it was more to do with Chris trying to do the right thing by his club - he initially set a low asking salary, a preference to Pies and whoever comes up with the best deal for Freo wins.

My understanding was we were the only other club to seriously look into it, put an offer up (allegedly better than the pies), but the Collingwood offer was 'close enough' that Freo 'let' him go home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back