Autopsy Heartbreaking loss to swans by 2 points

Remove this Banner Ad

reckon our backline would be the most inexperienced in the comp by a long way this week...against Buddy...then losing Moore who actually has height and athleticism.

It's just not our year. Effort is good, game plan works and we are good to watch. Will be an exciting next 2-3 years. We were beaten by a ridiculously flukey goal too!!

Good efforts from Grundy, Varcoe, Adams and Langdon. Don't think anyone else played better than a 5/10.

5 clangers man was good?

Heart breaking loss. First gamer on buddy. What can you do. Can still make top 4 but we need De Goey and Howe back and hopefully Aish. God this sucks. Can't believe that fluke goal to the swans to win it.

Should we stop our investments in women’s footy, netball, basketball, esports or whatever else the club plans on doing in the future and focus our investment on infrastructure on keeping our players on the park?

Our inability to keep our best players on the park has ruined our season. One that we had a genuine chance to win a flag all because we don’t want to pay a footy tax so we have subpar employees.

Will be an unpopular opinion but food for thought.
never has a club in the history of the game had 5 ACL's Impact injuries cannot be prevented. and then lose treloar never seen before double hammy.

So many halfwit negative armchair experts , we lost by two points with no backline to a team with the best key forward of the last 15 years grow up guys , I’m proud as **** of all the guys who played the heart that’s been shown is enormous, l
The pride comes before the fall

We should have won that, no excuses. Sydney are poor and we went to sleep for a QTR and our leaders were poor.

People have legit reason to be filthy...might cost us top 4 or even top 8.

I havent been this angry after a loss in a while. I understand injuries have taken a huge toll but after half time the pies showed no intensity, no effort for 40min. It's like they saw Moore in his tracksuit and gave up. We were lucky that the swans really are an average side who only have one (very good) avenue to goal.

I am most disappointed in our older players who never once imposed themselves on the game. I love Pendles and Sidey but these are the sort of games where they needed to lift and neither of them did. Sidey had already wasted a forward entry by blazing away in the first half, the fact that he didn't keep his head and did it again at the end of the game is unforgivable (Stephenson was free running square on 50m). Cox and Mayne missing absolutely gettable set shots killed us too.

This game not only severely damaged our top 4 hopes, given who we have left to play (Adams, who was our best mid may miss with sling) we still dont have the top 8 sealed yet. God this hurts.

You kidding? Leaders lead. And they didn't do that tonight.

Nice cliche.

Pendles and Sidey been awesome all year. Sidey a sneaky chance at AA. Much harder to play his role with the likes of Treloar and DeGoey out of the team.

By their lofty standards they had quiet games, but the hyperbole on this board after a loss is unreal.

Leaders lead .... FMD

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way is it just me or could the commentators suck buddy off any more?? Makes me sick.
Buddy was Homer in this clip.

Which makes us Grimes, and the commentators Lenny and Carl.

I havent been this angry after a loss in a while. I understand injuries have taken a huge toll but after half time the pies showed no intensity, no effort for 40min. It's like they saw Moore in his tracksuit and gave up. We were lucky that the swans really are an average side who only have one (very good) avenue to goal.

I am most disappointed in our older players who never once imposed themselves on the game. I love Pendles and Sidey but these are the sort of games where they needed to lift and neither of them did. Sidey had already wasted a forward entry by blazing away in the first half, the fact that he didn't keep his head and did it again at the end of the game is unforgivable (Stephenson was free running square on 50m). Cox and Mayne missing absolutely gettable set shots killed us too.

This game not only severely damaged our top 4 hopes, given who we have left to play (Adams, who was our best mid may miss with sling) we still dont have the top 8 sealed yet. God this hurts.
This. Seniors needed to stand up in that game. Varcoe was brilliant when he needed to be. Just wished Pendles and Sidey could've done more instead of leaving up to Hoskin Elliot.

Hmmm. Dead set close to missing finals again. Watch the ladder after the round is over. Very close to finishing this round in 8th. We probably aren’t good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are good enough. We just can’t get a team close to our best on the park, I think everyone in the country, footy fan or not knows that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back