Remove this Banner Ad

Karlostj

All Australian
Oct 31, 2005
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
pending an assessment of PSD options....

according to the EFC.

Surely something better will come up in the PSD????

The only thing Henneman should be retained by us for is to be a player welfare consultant for our young recruits.

He can sit them down and tell them how NOT to play AFL football.

He can be an example for young players who should quit while there ahead.

DonMania#5 said:
Where did you get that from?

Its from the official site...

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=4918

Essendon lodges first 2007 playing list
Tuesday, 31 October 2006
Essendon has made nine changes to its 2006 playing list, as the club today lodged its first list with the AFL for the 2007 season.

Adam Ramanauskas has not been included on the list. The club has lodged a submission with the AFL to have Adam classified as a mature age rookie. Under the AFL rules, a mature age rookie can not have been on an AFL list previously.

"We are seeking an exemption from this aspect of the rule," Essendon chief operating officer Travis Auld explained.

"The club is awaiting advice from the AFL regarding our submission. Our submission was circulated to all AFL clubs and those who have responded have indicated their support."

Aaron Henneman has been retained on the list at this point of time pending further assessment of the pre-season draft.

"Aaron was made aware that this would be the process following the conclusion of the season," Auld said.

While earlier today Matthew Firman was advised he would not be offered a second year on the rookie list.

The second list lodgment will be made on Friday November 17.

Essendon list changes

Retired
Dean Rioli

Traded
Dean Solomon

Delisted
Joel Reynolds
Tristan Cartledge
Austin Lucy
Adam Ramanauskas
Tim O’Keefe (Rookie)
Ben Jolley (Rookie)
Matthew Firman (Rookie)

say it isn't so. i don't think i can take much more of this. first solly goes, then bolts stays...i thought i was 1 for 3 when i heard henneman was going :(

Thought Firmin was abit unlucky not to be retained....he had some good games at bendigo. I hope Notting becomes available now soo we dont keep henneman.

Yep,straight away u think he has been told "if we get nothing from the PSD,your in as a top up player and u will only get a game if the sh-t really hits the fan in 07'

The question is..why bother?

He should have been gone 3 years ago.

It sounds as if the club thinks the list is lacking experience, 24-27 year olds. It is. That makes sense, we can all see that.

So if we can get someone in that age group in the PSD, then Henno goes.
Yep, that's all well and good.

If we can't find someone, why keep Henno though?
Sure, he's had a bad run of injuries, sure he's played some handy footy down back in his first year. But surely there is a VFL (or WAFL/SANFL) player in that age group that we could give a crack if we want a more mature player on the list rather than a kid. Because essentially, that is all Henno is. A VFL player.

Dare I say it, I'd rather re-draft Cupido.

Duds of EFC

Cupido,Bolton,Alvey,Haines,Hunt,Bullen,Walsh,Davies,Forster-Knight
and the pick of the bunch..........

Aaron F--king "Don't Give ME the Ball!" Henneman!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Longy413 said:
It sounds as if the club thinks the list is lacking experience, 24-27 year olds. It is. That makes sense, we can all see that.

Sure, he's had a bad run of injuries, sure he's played some handy footy down back in his first year. But surely there is a VFL (or WAFL/SANFL) player in that age group that we could give a crack if we want a more mature player on the list rather than a kid. Because essentially, that is all Henno is. A VFL player.

The decision has logic written all over it, except for the fact that Henneman is being kept in the belief that he will actually make a difference next season....

Longy413 said:

Sheedy is obsessed with keeping these type of players around when its clear to all that the player is finshed at League level.

He keeps thinking he's got another Wallis experiment up his sleave.

Its not gunna work with hen- o -man,me think ef'.

For a hack of a player to be on an AFL LIST for EIGHT YEARS and done NOTHING is A DISGRACE! Either NOT GOOD ENOUGH for a senior game or INJURED should have sent alarm bells ringing at the club 3 years ago! PISS OFF HENNOHACK.................:mad:

Its embarrassing for the supporters to keep him.

Its totally got me jiggered why he is kept on.

There is not a single good enough reason to hang onto this sub -standard
d-ckwad.

And if your reading this Henno,( highly unlikely) STIFF! I don't feel bad at all.

I felt a tiny bit bad writing bad things about Bolton,but not u son.

Will u just please F_ck Off!

We can't bag other team's dud players cause they can come back with...

"Well,at least he's not as bad as that spacko Henneman"

Longy413 said:
I'd actually prefer Henno on the list than Bolts.

u can't be serious longy?:rolleyes:

Longy413 said:
I'd rather Henno, he can actually defend somewhat.

No he can't. Neither can Bolts. Both are terrible defenders. Both have had enough time to prove themselves and don’t deserve anymore. Bolton is better than Henneman because he might negate Adam Goodes once or twice a year, win the 3km time trial during the preseason and is at times, a decent enough wingman or half forward flanker.

Nobby8 said:
Its embarrassing for the supporters to keep him.

Its totally got me jiggered why he is kept on.

There is not a single good enough reason to hang onto this sub -standard
d-ckwad.

And if your reading this Henno,( highly unlikely) STIFF! I don't feel bad at all.

I felt a tiny bit bad writing bad things about Bolton,but not u son.

Will u just please F_ck Off!

Maybe you should f*** off...loser :thumbsdown: Having supporters like you is way more embarrassing than keeping Henneman.

M29 said:
Further assessment of the draft.

And this was meant to be the best draft ever right? Ha ha ha...

Same old **** Kev. EFC = ****ED FOR 2007 -

That's further assessment of the PSD...not the national draft. Either way, Hen should go. Get the next best kid not selected in the "super" draft if there's nobody worth recycling. God help us if Clokey (either of them) is drafted.

Jex said:
No he can't. Neither can Bolts. Both are terrible defenders. Both have had enough time to prove themselves and don’t deserve anymore. Bolton is better than Henneman because he might negate Adam Goodes once or twice a year, win the 3km time trial during the preseason and is at times, a decent enough wingman or half forward flanker.

Disagree.

If Fletcher goes down, Henno is a greater chance of stopping a tall forward than Bolton. Someone like Neitz, Henno is a much better chance.

I'm not defending his position on the list, we should chop him. But he's a better option for key-back depth than Bolts. Henno has actually played some decent footy back there, it was just too long ago for anyone to really remember, or for it to count.

Both should go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back