Hot Topic Heppell calls for patience

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant see any melting here?

I just see a bunch of succussed starved supporters worried that our club captain has already asked for patience (or at least is being made out to be)
It seems that things aren't perfect, so Hepp is asking us to be patient...

Unfortunately asking for patience has backfired, it became a headline, which caused us to worry that maybe it isn't quite perfect (must be a dire situation if it's in the headlines), and then the catastrophising sets in and suddenly it's horrifically bad (rather than "not quite perfect"), and now people are even more impatient than they were if he hadn't said that?

It seems that things aren't perfect, so Hepp is asking us to be patient...

Unfortunately asking for patience has backfired, it became a headline, which caused us to worry that maybe it isn't quite perfect (must be a dire situation if it's in the headlines), and then the catastrophising sets in and suddenly it's horrifically bad (rather than "not quite perfect"), and now people are even more impatient than they were if he hadn't said that?

i personally don't have any issues with it, its round 1 after all.

But the club (along with Dys) need to be aware that the expectation from us (maybe just me?) is a finals win. Anything short of that is a failure, so if the rhetoric for the year is going to be "patience we are building something" then i would have that that's not going to fly with a lot of supporters.

Not every individual needs to actually lose it. The melt comes from accumulated heat that isn’t balanced by positivity.

I was being a bit tongue in cheek because 4 pages back I threw some criticism at the captain.

When I came back to the thread and read the next few pages it was clear that as a group we are mostly fearing the worst. I tend to agree with a lot of what has been raised. But then I realized we haven’t played a minute of season 2019. So I’m gonna try to switch modes back to hopeful footy fan / true believer for a bit.
Which is fine. I guess we all have a different outlook. I’m at the point where I’ll only look at results. Past the point of being hopeful. Doesn’t look good at the moment, but I’ll give them until round 5-6.

Nothing more deflating than watching a team that looks so disinterested.

2004, remember that number Hep next time you ask supporters to be patient.

We sat through s**t years before A0D, we sat through s**t years during A0D and now you ask us to sit back and watch you lazy overpaid professionals dish up this s**t?

Yeah nah, kindly go * yourself.

guys, guys, guys - relax, the game plan is all new, but just has minor tweaks, so it's going to take a while for it to gel, knackers. As long as we care for each other we will develop that ruthless edge we need to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will give him patience the day he gets a proper effin’ haircut. Until then mate Hepp is nothing but a Hollywood

In hindsight I think we appointed Hepp for the wrong reason because he was appointed largely to keep him at the club rather than for outstanding leadership skills.
Realise he won’t be sacked mid season, but who would be the best leader at the club? Hooker always has played with passion and he would probably be my choice.

He is quickly becoming the worst Captain we have had. I laughed at Maxwell becoming Collingwoods captain but he won a Premiership. Heppell will leave the game never winning a final!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back