Home Qualifying Final! Get everyone there!

Remove this Banner Ad

Curious as to how many people will chose to stay home and choose to attend the next final. Knowing that it is guaranteed to be at home and knowing that the ticket prices will be higher if we play week 3.

I said anticipated. Trouble reading?

That wasn't point in my original post though.

Coming into the 1st week of finals 2003, we were hardly in a commanding position to make a GF. People weren't getting extremely excited over a elimination final.

We are this year for the qualifying final.

Surely you jest. 2003 was probably the most keenly anticipated year in the club's history.

It turned out to be a frustrating year, we were a better side but under performed. We lost too many close games (like this one http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/2003/010420030510.html and this one http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/2003/010820030720.html and a few others) and threw away our Finals chances by losing the last 3 games of the minor round to drop out of the top 4. We needed to win 1 of our last 3 games, but a poor effort at home vs North Melbourne on a wet Saturday afternoon cost us dearly, never felt so angry after that game. Lost the showdown the week after as expected.

Our first final was an unconvincing win over West Coast, at AAMI. It was a Saturday afternoon and the weather was perfect, not a cloud in the sky and still we had our smallest home crowd (38,641) all season. We put up a good effort in the semi final against that great Brisbane team but they were just too good pulling away in the final quarter. Roo won the Brownlow medal and I remember how disappointed he was about our season.

Bounced back in 2005 and I was very excited but that final against St Kilda, ouch... they controlled the game after quarter time. After winning the semi, we then needed to travel to Perth to take on West Coast .... never a chance. We had a great chance that year. I think that triggered future finals failures like 06 prelim and 09 semi .... it was good to drop out for a couple of years and hope we can learn from it in the upcoming years. I hope we are a better side mentally, who can use the past stuff-ups as motivation because I expect us to fight hard. We are less experienced now but have done well this year, but even if we cannot get past the preliminary final its not a major failure. We will only get better and hopefully there can be some major success within the next 2 or 3 years.

I think it'll be 40K, Saturday night would've gotten closer to 45K I reckon.

Factors include
> Local/country footy and netball finals are on
> Royal Show is on
> We have a 2nd home final guaranteed, people will save their money.
> Live with no ads on Foxtel for the first time ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it'll be 40K, Saturday night would've gotten closer to 45K I reckon.

Factors include
> Local/country footy and netball finals are on
> Royal Show is on
> We have a 2nd home final guaranteed, people will save their money.
> Live with no ads on Foxtel for the first time ever.

Everyone who wants to go has to buy a ticket, so your reasoning doesn't quite work out. So far 40K have been sold, so people have committed to go and paid for them. There are only 4,000 tickets left as reported by the club.

Apparently 40,000 tickets sold and there are 4000 tickets left.

My maths isn't the greatest. BUT SOMETHING DOESN'T ADD UP??
4,000 General Admission, 7,000 SANFL Members?

My guess would be corporate tickets. My uncle is a SANFL life member, and has two tickets he uses all year. I think they get him into finals as well, so I guess there's also things like that to take in to account.

There are 4,000 seats left in the outer and 7,000 left in the members area. Since most members don't reserve a seat there is no rush to get the tickets. Some members wander in on Wednesday and Thursday and are no worse off than lining up at 7 a.m. on Monday morning.

I expect the 4,000 in the outer to be sold out plus another 2-3,000 in the members thus 46,000-47,000. No shows are usually less than 0.1% (40-50 people) in finals. Just the odd birth/death/divorce (and the missus burns the tickets).

P.S. According to G Cornes the SANFL life members have to pay for finals

yp
Curious as to how many people will chose to stay home and choose to attend the next final. Knowing that it is guaranteed to be at home and knowing that the ticket prices will be higher if we play week 3.

Living deep in enemy territory so can only afford to get back for one final. Tempted by this one, but have a good feeling so I'm rolling the dice on the prelim in two weeks time.

Will be watching at the coogee bay hotel so lifes not so bad!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back