Rumour Busted Hooker looking to dock in Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh I thought freo were meant to be signing up McCarthy and Hogan, 4 mill sounds like a waste of money to me

I still maintain he won't go to Freo, I don't doubt he will leave us at seasons end but my understanding is he loves Melbourne and is quite entrenched there now. I'm expecting a similar offer from the Hawks to be put on the table and that would be his preference IMO

Travis Cloke is not on Freo's radar at the moment, and I can't see him moving onto the radar anytime time soon.

I thought he was nailed to Collingwood for life.
Gold Coast offered him a massive deal last year and Collingwood thought hard about it.

Freo will have one last crack at him.

I thought he was nailed to Collingwood for life.

He's contracted for this season ...

... and next season, but there are conditions in his contract associated with that. His people are already in the media angling for a new contract extension.

$4m over 5 years for Cale Hooker?

And people think Nic Naitanui isn't worth that amount including ASA...

Hooker will be 28 turning 29 in 2017 coming off a year without footy.

He's probably not worth $800k and at that age he's certainly not worth 5 years.
Exactly why I don't see how Bombers supporters don't want to let him go. He'll be cooked when Essendons rebuild starts to take paces.

I still maintain he won't go to Freo, I don't doubt he will leave us at seasons end but my understanding is he loves Melbourne and is quite entrenched there now. I'm expecting a similar offer from the Hawks to be put on the table and that would be his preference IMO

I agree, he may leave but it won't be for WA. Firmly entrenched in Melbourne life

He was sensational last year and i reckon he would look great in an Eagles jumper.

Freo would be mad not to throw heaps at him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it was but the AFL feel the need to help Melbourne.

If it did happen Essendon would need to get something decent as he is a good player.
I reckon it may have been in lieu of a priority pick... In other words, here is your priority pick... but it is actually a compo pick for getting reamed by Hawthorn because of our stupid rules that we can't acknowledge that we got wrong.

I reckon it may have been in lieu of a priority pick... In other words, here is your priority pick... but it is actually a compo pick for getting reamed by Hawthorn because of our stupid rules that we can't acknowledge that we got wrong.

Welcome to Freo's start to the afl compared to GWS and Gold Coast. AFL manipulates the competition as they see fit.

Why would they resent the club?
Because the club put people in charge who led the players up s**t creek. Now they are banned and known as drug cheats for the rest of their lives. The club from start to finish made an absolute mess of the situation. The club still cant tell the players what they were given. Im sure plenty of players will be looking forward to a fresh start.

Because the club put people in charge who led the players up s**t creek. Now they are banned and known as drug cheats for the rest of their lives. The club from start to finish made an absolute mess of the situation. The club still cant tell the players what they were given. Im sure plenty of players will be looking forward to a fresh start.

After this year Asaga is dead and buried also everyone from the old regime is long gone the club has a new coach,new players,new admin etc can easily have a fresh start at EFC why does it have to be at another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back