How long does Adam Simpsons have left?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they do, I personally haven't read one for a long time, I just used papers as a term, could be any media, no-one here really cares about other state teams, so there is no interest from Vic media

I know mate, was having a joke. Eagles getting let off here as well but that’s due to no independent media which does not exist in the AFL.

Do you guys still have papers in Melbourne?
Mark Robinson in his newspaper is on campaign to bring back Hird and Thompson and make Essendon great again....
This is amusing and people will read for a giggle.
An insipid Eagles roll over for 100 points loss at home after winning a flag four years ago is not that interesting to most.
Just how it is. People just know some side always craps the bed but if it not local it has less readers.
North copping more heat than Eagles because they are local and weird s**t like list management have jumped ship.
There more story in that to want to know why.

I know mate, was having a joke. Eagles getting let off here as well but that’s due to no independent media which does not exist in the AFL.
I think most Vic supporters are glad to see WC down and out for a while. It’s a rarity. Happy to see Simmo remain in charge. As Napoleon said, don’t interrupt your enemies when they’re making mistakes!

I think if West Coast are like this next year the heat will come

But if I have learned anything in my time following AFL, it is West Coast don't stay down the bottom for very long at all

Not this time. They have by far the worst/most cooked list in the AFL

Could honestly be 10 years before they play finals again. Aside from Oscar Allen, who is injury prone, they have got not one A Grade Young player.

It's going to get worse for the Eagles before it gets better.

Could honestly be 10 years before they play finals again. Aside from Oscar Allen, who is injury prone, they have got not one A Grade Young player.

Maybe, maybe not

Maybe, maybe not

We have seen how painful and long it has been for the Crows and North to pretty much rebuild from scratch, it's going to be long and painful for the Eagles.

Nisbett And Simpson need to be shown the door, and fresh blood with new ideas requited at the Eagles ASAP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree totally... West Coast's performance is actually just about the biggest story of the year.

They are unspeakably bad. The total lack of effort they show each week is absolutely scandalous.

Don't know if it's different over there but we don't really hear anything about them here.

The Freo win over the undefeated Melbourne got far more coverage last weekend. Overall, the Freo push for top 4 has been and will be the main source of media coverage this year.

There was effort in some losing games (and of course the sole win so far) but yeah being spanked on multiple occasions would normally warrant concern, except all have accepted West Coast are rebuilding and have been decimated since pre-season with injury and COVID. There is not much of a narrative here for a 'Sack Simmo' push.

If it continues Simpson will get more and more heat but it seems the sentiment is that he'll get the chance to try and show something in the second half even if we go winless and the start of 2023 will determine his ultimate fate. Personally, I've tuned out and don't really care any more in 2022.

They're getting a pass due to their injury list and Covid issues. They've been due for a rebuild, so bottoming out isn't the end of the world.

And to answer your question, more heat isn't going on them because outside of WA no one really cares about them.

This post pretty much nailed it.

They'll get pick 1 or 2, have a nice pre season and shoot back up the ladder with the best 18 year old in the country. Would rather finish 18th then 10th.

We could have a new Fitzroy on our hands and not play finals for 10 years, sure, but you wouldn't blame the administration and fans for backing West Coast in given our history since inception. Our success has been built on stability and backing in the players and coaches (just 4 coaches in the 30 years since our first flag), a hindsight hero saying 'I told you so' in 2032 when we've won 10 wooden spoons doesn't change that philosophy.

Time will tell if Simmo should have been sacked earlier, now or later. Time will also tell if your call of Oscar Allen being the only A grader is correct but West Coast watchers know there is some talent coming through even if you personally think they are all rubbish.

They were decimated by covid early on, and it's almost like the admin decided to give them an extended preseason so they bounce back next year.
A bit like Collingwood 2005 going into 2006. Not trying, gets a decent pick, then back up the top the next year

We have seen how painful and long it has been for the Crows and North to pretty much rebuild from scratch, it's going to be long and painful for the Eagles.

Nisbett And Simpson need to be shown the door, and fresh blood with new ideas requited at the Eagles ASAP.
what?

Adelaide made a Grand Final in 2017. They didn't bottom out and start their until 2020

North played finals in 2016. 2019 they almost played finals. So they only really bottomed out in 2020. Plus they are a weird case sample as they were trying not to fully bottom out and rebuild, delaying the inevitable and making a full rebuild harder

Simpson is a premiership winning coach, he will be given a couple of years to rebuild that team and so he should. Whether he sees the rebuild out is another thing

The worst thing about West Coast this year was that the only times there was a 4 quarter effort was when they were COVID stricken and the top ups were playing. Since the "guns" came back the effort is pathetic. Is that a coach thing??

what?

Adelaide made a Grand Final in 2017. They didn't bottom out and start their until 2020

North played finals in 2016. 2019 they almost played finals. So they only really bottomed out in 2020. Plus they are a weird case sample as they were trying not to fully bottom out and rebuild, delaying the inevitable and making a full rebuild harder

Simpson is a premiership winning coach, he will be given a couple of years to rebuild that team and so he should. Whether he sees the rebuild out is another thing

Elmer has an attention span of five minutes.
Forgive him for not understanding what painful and long really means.

I seriously hope West Coast arent writing this year off due to COVID and injuries. If they had everything their way they’d still be bottom two with that list. It’s terrible, and they’ll be in for a rude shock next season if they don’t start making urgent moves

How is it that the Eagles and in particular Adam Simpson are not dominating the football news at the minute? Arguably the worst performed dude in VFL/AFL history and doing it with many good players playing each week in their team. Yes Covid and injury have hurt us but when do the excuses stop and a bit of heat is applied to why they are performing at what could only be described as 4th or 5th tier footy level.

Since winning in 2018 it has been a slow spiral of poor performance getting worse as the weeks go by. Since 2019 the Eagles have been the worse side in the league for contested ball, Tackling and accountability. None of it has ever been addressed. Still to this day we are at or near the bottom in all those critical areas. Game plan seems to of not changed even though 17 other clubs has.

So how is it this club is not heading all footy news with questions of wtf is going on?

As a fan I don’t care that we are last, every club at some point goes there but we are not just last we are an embarrassment and yet players of the caliber of Mcgovern, Kelly, Gaff, Shuey, Darling, Kennedy, Cripps, Duggan, Barrass are taking the field for us. We should not be getting 70 point plus beltings weekly.

So where is the media heat and why is it not being well and truly turned up on Simpson and the club?

Is this a joke ? The WA media has been sinking the boot in since pre season
And I’m sure the Vic media has mentioned the 20 year old drug scandal ( like it’s somehow related ) about a hundred times

We could have a new Fitzroy on our hands and not play finals for 10 years, sure, but you wouldn't blame the administration and fans for backing West Coast in given our history since inception. Our success has been built on stability and backing in the players and coaches (just 4 coaches in the 30 years since our first flag), a hindsight hero saying 'I told you so' in 2032 when we've won 10 wooden spoons doesn't change that philosophy.

Time will tell if Simmo should have been sacked earlier, now or later. Time will also tell if your call of Oscar Allen being the only A grader is correct but West Coast watchers know there is some talent coming through even if you personally think they are all rubbish.

Hard to say if you have good kids on your list or not if Simpson doesn't give them a fair crack to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back