Does Nick Blakey have a legitimate medical condition?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
He’s returned to great form recently which has reminded me.

I’m certainly not trying to make fun of his appearance (he’s in far, far, far better shape than me!), it’s just quite interesting in an elite athlete.

But he does seem to have quite a pronounced curve in his upper spine, which gives him a bit of a “hump” appearance.

Does anybody know if it’s been disclosed if he has a diagnosed condition such as kyphosis?

From what I’ve read the symptoms range from absolutely nothing at all with no treatment required, to severe pain with possible surgical or therapy-based treatment.

It’d be quite amazing if he does have symptoms and yet is still able to compete and produce such brilliant footy.

The other thing… he’s already 195cm with incredible agility for his size. A genuine condition could have robbed him of 5cm and even a bit more… that is a scary prospect at 200+ cm!

Just curious.

Nigel Kellett syndrome
1402896669-32326-8.jpg
R.d7b642aaba7334901e356b17d56b0e6f

Have you ever seen a lizard run upright on its hindlegs? Looks exactly like Blakey.

This is one of those conspiracies that seems insane even by conspiracy theory standards.

Like "[Secret organisation] or [enemy country] was behind this assassination/explosion/disease outbreak/terrorist attack" is something I can at least understand. I can see why a person of a certain conspiracy mindset might believe that.

"The world is controlled by people who are actually lizards in disguise" is......not.....

This is one of those conspiracies that seems insane even by conspiracy theory standards.

Like "[Secret organisation] or [enemy country] was behind this assassination/explosion/disease outbreak/terrorist attack" is something I can at least understand. I can see why a person of a certain conspiracy mindset might believe that.

"The world is controlled by people who are actually lizards in disguise" is......not.....

Yeah but then you see Blakey and you think…

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

He’s returned to great form recently which has reminded me.

I’m certainly not trying to make fun of his appearance (he’s in far, far, far better shape than me!), it’s just quite interesting in an elite athlete.

But he does seem to have quite a pronounced curve in his upper spine, which gives him a bit of a “hump” appearance.

Does anybody know if it’s been disclosed if he has a diagnosed condition such as kyphosis?

From what I’ve read the symptoms range from absolutely nothing at all with no treatment required, to severe pain with possible surgical or therapy-based treatment.

It’d be quite amazing if he does have symptoms and yet is still able to compete and produce such brilliant footy.

The other thing… he’s already 195cm with incredible agility for his size. A genuine condition could have robbed him of 5cm and even a bit more… that is a scary prospect at 200+ cm!

Just curious.

Dustin Fletcher had a similar body and went alright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back