How would you fix the Thunder?

Remove this Banner Ad

The main things are:

1. Big name players have to play 10+ games, not 1-2.
2. Target Stars, Strikers, Scorchers fringe players- e.g.Quiney, Stionis, Ferguson
3. Get 2 better internationals, Kallis is my first thought, but Pieterson must be considered.

Both the Renegades and Thunder need more differentiation. West Sydney Thunder and Geelong Renegades ...

I'd look to sign Beer and Ahmed and play two spinners.

Ferguson and Birt or Blizzard would be the next call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should go after Shakib Al Hasan. Leadership qualities and great with bat and ball. Go after Beer too and have Beer and Shakib bowling 8 overs of tight left arm spin.

Looks like D.Hussey might be headed to the Thunder according to reports.

I'd also go after someone like Travis Head. Young, loads of potential and barely got a game for the Strikers. Would also take a sneaky look at Luke Wright who could be on the fringes if the Stars sign Malinga and Pietersen.

Should go hard after Pat Cummins to get him back to NSW.

Khawaja
Wright (or go hard for a player like Pollard who can also turn his arm over)
M.Hussey
D.Hussey
Head
Shakib
Carters
Cummins
Beer
Sandhu
Nannes

Other options - Fawad, Rohrer, Ferguson, Agar, Mcdermott.

Last edited:
That's actually a good plan.

I'm less into Shakib as it would be three spinners - but maybe, and Cummins and Pollard are good ideas.

Carters is the one making 100s in the Shield, Handscombe is the one getting dropped.
We all know Victoria are s**t at developing batting talent. Carters never looked like more than a grade cricketer for Victoria yet is dominating in NSW. Handscomb has far more talent than Carters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back