Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrews said yesterday that Victoria is about to move to "literally no rules".

This pedantry on "let it rip" is tiring and unhelpful. Most places are now close to moving on and coming as close to possible to "living with the virus". It's very possible we've reached the limit of what governments can do to drive down cases without "Wuhan-style" solutions like welding people into their houses.
bit like your posts. i'd add tedious.

I said I was moving on but will respond to this post. I haven't conflated two distinct arguments. I don't believe face masks should be worn by primary school students and I also believe the decision to have a grade 3 cut-off was arbitrary in nature. Afterall what is it about grade 3 kids that distinguishes them from grade 2? (There are schools in country Victoria where you have combined Gr 2 & 3 classes).

Do I really think that Andrews, Foley, Sutton and co all took a set against kids of a certain age? I honestly don't know! If they showed us the data relied upon, not just vaccination rates, then I'd have a better understanding. The same people closed playgrounds. As I posted earlier we are the only state in Australia that has continued to impose the face mask rule on primary school kids. Now, seriously, I'm moving on...
Maybe I need to go back and do Quantitative Methods 1 at Uni again... Last I checked vaccination rates IS data.

I'm not sure what other information you are after to dispel the theory that the decision was arbitrary... Vax rates for Primary students are much lower than their secondary counterparts and the consensus (supported by empirical data that I have seen) is that compliance with students younger than grade 3 is difficult/impractical/impossible. That is no more "arbitrary" than drinking/driving/voting age (in fact, there is more evidence to support the former).

There are mixed year levels in almost every school, distinction along these lines has been prevalent throughout the pandemic, there have often been classes where some students are required to wear masks and other haven't due to their relative ages. A line has to be drawn somewhere.

Nup. Mandates are still in place. Besides aged care and health care workers, my opinion is that we need to move past it. It has served its point.
The rule is if don’t get booster as a school teacher you can’t teach kids.
Unbelievable.

I spoke to a teacher the other day double jabbed had some issues after it then got covid was down for a week she said and now doesn’t want booster. She telling me she will lose her job.

Cause science. Lol jokers

Uncle Rupert is getting desperate - the world is on the brink of war, yet the top six stories on the Hun’s website are all anti-Andrews.
This little ditty is hilarious. Getting a Young Liberal living off mummy and daddy's property portfolios to cry poor :rolleyesv1: :roflv1: .

And cafes and pubs were super spreaders too, IIRC.

Nowhere else in Australia are primary school kids required to wear masks. This has the hallmarks of the playground closure edict, and is more a reflection of the state government’s failure to have young primary school students vaccinated than anything else.

As a matter of interest does anyone know what percentage of grades 4-6 students are double vaccinated?
Zero. Because vaccination only opened in January and the guidance from ATAGI is an 8 week gap.

Andrews said yesterday that Victoria is about to move to "literally no rules".

This pedantry on "let it rip" is tiring and unhelpful. Most places are now close to moving on and coming as close to possible to "living with the virus". It's very possible we've reached the limit of what governments can do to drive down cases without "Wuhan-style" solutions like welding people into their houses.
Really hope China fail to realise and waste resources chasing covid zero.

I don’t judge people who don’t want it and who keep their opinions to themselves. I care about anti vaxxers who go out of their way to try change the minds of others.
I think this gets overlooked way too much. The mandate has served his purpose - it got people vaccinated. Once we are highly boostered it’s time to get them out of the unemployment line and back to work.

Just my opinion.
Time for the useless leaners to get vaccinated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s full of sh*t.

OR he imagined it, given he never talks to business directly and would be relying on interpreting in his stupid head the info he gets from his subordinates.
Organisations seem to be surprised to learn they have been consulted about a new policy or law a lot

"China Dan" attempting to build Cain-like social legacy; outside merely being thankfully superb at diminishing human rights during a global pandemic.

Leaders set example, he's shown a penchant for dehumanising some of those with views contrary to his own; amongst other things, referring to such as "that person". Its no wonder we have divisive militant LWNJ doing similarly likewise in Victoria.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back