Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Punt rd end

67πŸ†69πŸ†73πŸ†74πŸ†80πŸ†17πŸ†19πŸ†20πŸ†
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
Sure there are programs to try and get people to pick nursing as a profession. What are they doing to keep existing ones there or stop them going to hospitals of less need
I would have thought that upgrading facilities would help, I remember the staff at Box Hill hospital were rapt with the new working conditions in comparison to the old hospital
Anyway i hope more help is coming

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I would have thought that upgrading facilities would help, I remember the staff at Box Hill hospital were rapt with the new working conditions in comparison to the old hospital
Anyway i hope more help is coming
Have heard that the announcement today re northern expansion is still really thought bubble stage. The proposed area currently has existing staff that need relocation first

That is support staff (important ones like IT and interpreter services)

Geelong_Sicko

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
So where are the β€œanti woke anti PC why are you erasing our history” types that the ALP is now proposing to erase our history by renaming this hospital from it’s indigenous Australian name to be named after a foreigner?

Yeah, not a fan of this renaming malarkey from Dan to be honest. If Dan gotta rename something why not rename

(joke answer) newly-landscaped hospital gardens after her?

or

(serious answer) the block of public toilets at Croydon Station after her? Dan could even ask The Majesty's official Groom of the Stool (wiper by Royal Appointment to the Regal Arse) to officiate at such a joyous occasion.

Seriously Dan. For f*ck's sake. Just pull your head in and yes, dare I say it. Get on the beers. Don't make me start waving a red ensign about the place.

Gough

Sep 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Australian defending Andrews over the hospital name is brilliant. There's no principle that they're not prepared to cast aside in order to fight a culture war.

Punt rd end

Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Have heard that the announcement today re northern expansion is still really thought bubble stage. The proposed area currently has existing staff that need relocation first

That is support staff (important ones like IT and interpreter services)
At least its relocation and not termination

kalex6251

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
don't think the average joe or jill gives a rats tossbag about the name. it's the facility that resonates.
its a classic example of virtue signalling that conservatives (and the far right) bang on about when criticising their opponents

given the good he's done advancing work on treaty and truth telling, it just beggars belief he would do this .... that said, youre probably right, this likely wont register on most peoples minds .... even tho it should

Last edited:

tommyginger

Rookie
Aug 24, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
don't think the average joe or jill gives a rats tossbag about the name. it's the facility that resonates.
so true ,no one gives a rats what a hospital is called , as long as they can attend for treatment , only those few special people would arc up, its plain weird

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Dan has not covered himself in glory with the Maroondah hospital renaming but he has shown how he acts when questioned is the same regardless of the question or who is asking it

s**t effort

Punt rd end

Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Just name it

The Maroondah
Queen Elizabeth II
Hospital

Everyone happy now, 1st world problems :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eddiesmith

TheBrownDog
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
so true ,no one gives a rats what a hospital is called , as long as they can attend for treatment , only those few special people would arc up, its plain weird

I did see someone the other day say they and other First Nations people will no longer feel safe going to hospital there under the new name…

kalex6251

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
slack jawed troglodytes who banged on endlessly about post-lockdown restrictions triggering mental health relapses reject such challenges can equally apply on matters of important cultural significance to first nations people

[edit] meanwhile

Last edited:

Chief

In Mourning
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
We live in a different world. Kids nowadays don't want to " grow up " and be;
. A policeman
. A nurse
. A fireman
. A kindergarten teacher
. A social worker

We have you-tubers, influencers and reality stars.
Why do you think that? Why do you think that is?

Punt rd end

Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
your suggestion is to stick the colonisers name with the original name

it's s**t
Thats your opinion and its s**t house, how many things do you want to be named after an area
Maroondah dam
Maroondah trail
Maroondah reservoir park
Maroondah Council
The list is long

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Thats your opinion and its s**t house, how many things do you want to be named after an area
Maroondah dam
Maroondah trail
Maroondah reservoir park
Maroondah Council
The list is long
The only hospital in Victoria with a First Nations name is being renamed after the symbol of colonisation and your answer is wedge the two together, enough other things are already called Maroondah

how very British Empire of you

Remove this Banner Ad