Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
slack jawed troglodytes who banged on endlessly about post-lockdown restrictions triggering mental health relapses reject such challenges can equally apply on matters of important cultural significance to first nations people

[edit] meanwhile

Last edited:

We live in a different world. Kids nowadays don't want to " grow up " and be;
. A policeman
. A nurse
. A fireman
. A kindergarten teacher
. A social worker

We have you-tubers, influencers and reality stars.
Why do you think that? Why do you think that is?

Just name it

The Maroondah
Queen Elizabeth II
Hospital

Everyone happy now, 1st world problems :rolleyes:
* off just keep the current name, mixing the two together is worse

your suggestion is to stick the colonisers name with the original name

it's s**t
Thats your opinion and its s**t house, how many things do you want to be named after an area
Maroondah dam
Maroondah trail
Maroondah reservoir park
Maroondah Council
The list is long

Thats your opinion and its s**t house, how many things do you want to be named after an area
Maroondah dam
Maroondah trail
Maroondah reservoir park
Maroondah Council
The list is long
The only hospital in Victoria with a First Nations name is being renamed after the symbol of colonisation and your answer is wedge the two together, enough other things are already called Maroondah

how very British Empire of you

The only hospital in Victoria with a First Nations name is being renamed after the symbol of colonisation and your answer is wedge the two together, enough other things are already called Maroondah

how very British Empire of you
How righteous of you, the hospital was named Maroondah hospital because of its location we can have a bit of both to please ALL citizens

Why do you think that? Why do you think that is?

World has changed Chief. So many more options and pathways for kids. Good luck to them. Look at things like I.T. tourism, small business, retail, fashion and other industries have all grown immensely since Saturday afternoon footy and Sunday World of Sport.

How righteous of you, the hospital was named Maroondah hospital because of its location we can have a bit of both to please ALL citizens
well a bunch of us think the Queen was a campaigner and don't want anything named after her

you can't include everyone so I'm going with excluding the Monarchists and supporting the Indigenous people that want the original name kept

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well a bunch of us think the Queen was a campaigner and don't want anything named after her

you can't include everyone so I'm going with excluding the Monarchists and supporting the Indigenous people that want the original name kept
Well I liked the Queen and would like to be inclusive of all and have both names

You might want to become active in your football club and be proactive there with indigenous issues before worrying about a hospital name.

i'm 4 keeping the indigenous name 2. but think the matter is more a concern 4 some activists and the polemicists in the medya who capitalise on division 4 clicks than it is 4 the bulk of us whose main interest is the outcome.

i'm 4 keeping the indigenous name 2. but think the matter is more a concern 4 some activists and the polemicists in the medya who capitalise on division 4 clicks than it is 4 the bulk of us whose main interest is the outcome.
I think when the First Nations Assembly in Victoria is speaking out against the naming and Andrews tells them to STFU and stick to treaty negotiations the issue is bigger than the media looking for some clicks.

Pretty clear cut example of the racism of the colony

I think when the First Nations Assembly in Victoria is speaking out against the naming and Andrews tells them to STFU and stick to treaty negotiations the issue is bigger than the media looking for some clicks.

Pretty clear cut example of the racism of the colony
u certainly r prolific in throwing around the racism slur. and i object to your inference 2 punt rd end that i was attempting 2 silence anyone. merely pointing out my take on the take of the average joe/jill.

Figured you'd also be for silencing their voices Punt rd end :rainbow:
Not at all but unlike you, I'm inclusive and like to bring everyone along as not to alienate one group. You are "right fighter" so it's your way or the highway creating division along the way.

World has changed Chief. So many more options and pathways for kids. Good luck to them. Look at things like I.T. tourism, small business, retail, fashion and other industries have all grown immensely since Saturday afternoon footy and Sunday World of Sport.
OH OK so they have other career options, not just "lazy kids wanna be YouTubers!"

Well I liked the Queen and would like to be inclusive of all and have both names

You might want to become active in your football club and be proactive there with indigenous issues before worrying about a hospital name.
Lol missed this. I don't follow footy anymore because of s**t like what's coming out at the Hawks now

u certainly r prolific in throwing around the racism slur. and i object to your inference 2 punt rd end that i was attempting 2 silence anyone. merely pointing out my take on the take of the average joe/jill.
You don't think replacing an Indigenous name with the queens is an example of ongoing colonisation?
Telling the first nations assembly to stick to treaty and not comment on the issue isn't also racist?
Never said you were silencing anyone it was your buddy that disagreed with the post

I stand corrected, we'll have 3 left after they do this one in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back