Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Punt rd end

67๐Ÿ†69๐Ÿ†73๐Ÿ†74๐Ÿ†80๐Ÿ†17๐Ÿ†19๐Ÿ†20๐Ÿ†
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
The only hospital in Victoria with a First Nations name is being renamed after the symbol of colonisation and your answer is wedge the two together, enough other things are already called Maroondah

how very British Empire of you
How righteous of you, the hospital was named Maroondah hospital because of its location we can have a bit of both to please ALL citizens

Hojuman

์กฐ์ˆ˜๋ฏธ ์‚ฌ๋ž‘ํ•ด์š”
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why do you think that? Why do you think that is?

World has changed Chief. So many more options and pathways for kids. Good luck to them. Look at things like I.T. tourism, small business, retail, fashion and other industries have all grown immensely since Saturday afternoon footy and Sunday World of Sport.

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
How righteous of you, the hospital was named Maroondah hospital because of its location we can have a bit of both to please ALL citizens
well a bunch of us think the Queen was a campaigner and don't want anything named after her

you can't include everyone so I'm going with excluding the Monarchists and supporting the Indigenous people that want the original name kept

Punt rd end

Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
well a bunch of us think the Queen was a campaigner and don't want anything named after her

you can't include everyone so I'm going with excluding the Monarchists and supporting the Indigenous people that want the original name kept
Well I liked the Queen and would like to be inclusive of all and have both names

You might want to become active in your football club and be proactive there with indigenous issues before worrying about a hospital name.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

i'm 4 keeping the indigenous name 2. but think the matter is more a concern 4 some activists and the polemicists in the medya who capitalise on division 4 clicks than it is 4 the bulk of us whose main interest is the outcome.

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
i'm 4 keeping the indigenous name 2. but think the matter is more a concern 4 some activists and the polemicists in the medya who capitalise on division 4 clicks than it is 4 the bulk of us whose main interest is the outcome.
I think when the First Nations Assembly in Victoria is speaking out against the naming and Andrews tells them to STFU and stick to treaty negotiations the issue is bigger than the media looking for some clicks.

Pretty clear cut example of the racism of the colony

Not Important

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I think when the First Nations Assembly in Victoria is speaking out against the naming and Andrews tells them to STFU and stick to treaty negotiations the issue is bigger than the media looking for some clicks.

Pretty clear cut example of the racism of the colony
u certainly r prolific in throwing around the racism slur. and i object to your inference 2 punt rd end that i was attempting 2 silence anyone. merely pointing out my take on the take of the average joe/jill.

Hornberger

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The only hospital in Victoria with a First Nations name is being renamed after the symbol of colonisation and your answer is wedge the two together, enough other things are already called Maroondah

Punt rd end

Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Figured you'd also be for silencing their voices Punt rd end :rainbow:
Not at all but unlike you, I'm inclusive and like to bring everyone along as not to alienate one group. You are "right fighter" so it's your way or the highway creating division along the way.

Chief

In Mourning
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
World has changed Chief. So many more options and pathways for kids. Good luck to them. Look at things like I.T. tourism, small business, retail, fashion and other industries have all grown immensely since Saturday afternoon footy and Sunday World of Sport.
OH OK so they have other career options, not just "lazy kids wanna be YouTubers!"

eddiesmith

TheBrownDog
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
The fact is the Greens have to take some blame here, theyโ€™ve been so supportive of everything Andrews does that he just gets more and more arrogant knowing no one will stop him.

The Greens will come out against things then vote for them in parliamentโ€ฆ

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Well I liked the Queen and would like to be inclusive of all and have both names

You might want to become active in your football club and be proactive there with indigenous issues before worrying about a hospital name.
Lol missed this. I don't follow footy anymore because of s**t like what's coming out at the Hawks now

u certainly r prolific in throwing around the racism slur. and i object to your inference 2 punt rd end that i was attempting 2 silence anyone. merely pointing out my take on the take of the average joe/jill.
You don't think replacing an Indigenous name with the queens is an example of ongoing colonisation?
Telling the first nations assembly to stick to treaty and not comment on the issue isn't also racist?
Never said you were silencing anyone it was your buddy that disagreed with the post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gralin

Super Moderator
Apr 8, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills

I stand corrected, we'll have 3 left after they do this one in.

Senor M

Que?
Oct 16, 2016
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
The fact is the Greens have to take some blame here, theyโ€™ve been so supportive of everything Andrews does that he just gets more and more arrogant knowing no one will stop him.

The Greens will come out against things then vote for them in parliamentโ€ฆ

There's been some odd takes during the last 204 pages, but this is surely one of the oddest.

Andrews & Labor is responsible for their actions, not the Greens. They have minimal power in Victoria state politics at the moment. The Greens are not needed in the cross bench of Legislative Assembly and only have one seat in the Legislative Council. Derryn Hinch's Justice party & the Liberal Democrats are more powerful in the Legislative Council in Victoria.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I did see someone the other day say they and other First Nations people will no longer feel safe going to hospital there under the new nameโ€ฆ
not so sure they felt safe under the old name anyway, that is true of large parts of the health system. Our ALOs (aboriginal liaison officers) predominantly went to a non patient contact role as well as part of COVID rules. That would also be a factor in being unsafe.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why do you think that? Why do you think that is?
tradies get paid a butt load more and have many more sweet tax breaks (as why they don't want to be the listed professions, I can't give a glib explanation for being a youtube influencer apart from it fulfils the "I wanna be famous" child like desire - and sometimes they earn a living too

eddiesmith

TheBrownDog
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
There's been some odd takes during the last 204 pages, but this is surely one of the oddest.

Andrews & Labor is responsible for their actions, not the Greens. They have minimal power in Victoria state politics at the moment. The Greens are not needed in the cross bench of Legislative Assembly and only have one seat in the Legislative Council. Derryn Hinch's Justice party & the Liberal Democrats are more powerful in the Legislative Council in Victoria.

Lol, without the Greens they would be forced to amend things or not get them passed as they found with the pandemic legislation when they had to find one more vote.

Atm they pass everything with the support of the Greens Rat, Andy the Union Man and Fiona Unreasonable.

Fact remains they keep supporting everything he does so why would he feel any pressure to change? He knows theyโ€™ll complain but still give him his vote like everything else over the last 8 years.

Senor M

Que?
Oct 16, 2016
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Lol, without the Greens they would be forced to amend things or not get them passed as they found with the pandemic legislation when they had to find one more vote.

Atm they pass everything with the support of the Greens Rat, Andy the Union Man and Fiona Unreasonable.

Fact remains they keep supporting everything he does so why would he feel any pressure to change? He knows theyโ€™ll complain but still give him his vote like everything else over the last 8 years.

So youโ€™ve changed your parameters the moment that I call out your ranting as inaccurate.

Are the Greens at blame (as youโ€™ve claimed) or does Labor rely on the approval of three separate parties to get anything through the Legislative Council?

tandino

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2007
Showers Stand
AFL Club
Essendon
Lol missed this. I don't follow footy anymore because of s**t like what's coming out at the Hawks now

You don't think replacing an Indigenous name with the queens is an example of ongoing colonisation?
Telling the first nations assembly to stick to treaty and not comment on the issue isn't also racist?
Never said you were silencing anyone it was your buddy that disagreed with the post
The First Minister of the Crown wanting an Indigenous representative body to stay in it's lane on the issue would be a cherry on top of a very weird cake.

Not Important

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
simple! donโ€™t read/view anything put out there by murdoch, costello, or stokes. or the many iterations of eddie.:oops:

Remove this Banner Ad