Play Nice Hypothetical Pick 1 Trade Poll: Pick 1 for Picks 2 & 15 --- Pick 1 & F1 (WCE) for Picks 2 & 3 --- Something else?

What sort of trade do you think would be fair and/or likely when involving Pick 1 in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, I will remind you all to review the rules of the trade board, in particular:
  • No trolling – in addition to the obvious, we have a ban on troll nicknames such as Norf, West Coke, etc similar to the main board, because this type of language is inflammatory and creates more issues than it solves. Keep it civilised or take it elsewhere, such as the Bay or your club board, or whoever will have you really
  • Don't be a pest – this includes derailing the thread with off-topic stuff, or trying to starve it of oxygen through proof by assertion/argument ad nauseam, aka filibustering
  • Personal attacks – should go without saying but stick to the point, no name calling, no insinuations about someone's intelligence, abilities or other attributes

The 'best player' versus the second best player PLUS three top 20 players.

Sorry, he's good but he's just not that good. What were you thinking Schnoz? Your old mate just saved you.

I take whatever Ralph says with a grain of salt, but what did he say the deal was that NM won't agree to?
The most definite part in his article was that there is zero chance that North part with picks 2 + 3 for pick 1.

I don't think WC have given a price for pick 1, preferring to see how much other teams would offer, but North have essentially said that 2 + 2× late 1sts for 1 + 23 is as much as they are willing to put up for trade.

Sad!!!! GWS and Geelong knocked back 15 and 17. Ahhhaha and wce knocked backed their picks nobody wants to play with north
We will help them out

Live trade Osullivan, 31 and 35 for their 3 teen picks

Means they get Mckercher, Duursma and C.Osullivan a good mix and then 2 picks in the 30s with the hope A.Reid is there, if not then maybe a Logan Morris

We will help them out

Means they get Mckercher, Duursma and C.Osullivan a good mix and then 2 picks in the 30s with the hope A.Reid is there, if not then maybe a Logan Morris
O’Sullivan ain’t getting to your pick

All of Reid, Kerch, Curtin, watto, caddy, sander, O’Sullivan and Duursma all gone before your pick 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will help them out

How do they get Reid, McKercher and Duursma?

Why do i get the feeling North will eventually crack and give up 2 and 3 for Reid (with a later FRP coming back their way)

The Eagles are handling this superbly I must say.. Not being bullied or pressured by the Vic centric media to trade pick 1/Reid already, like they didn't blink and do the easy way out and sack Adam Simpson

And Nesbett is out in December, replaced by Don Pyke, who is a very astute and successful multi millionaire businessman.

Eagles have gotten their **** together off field. Still a couple more years of on field pain to go, but they a team not to be trifled with again sooner that many think

What ever happened to that nth supporter chadwiko, was 100% a deal was done...seems to have disappeared!
There are a few. Spudnova, 4cundumptruck, Keystone (but Essendon). HBFlanker was on the money and broke the news before Ralphy. Moving forward I will regard his opinion and disregard the others.

Last edited:
Just shows you how desperate NM are

AFL giving them #3 was always for this trade
Gave us 3 as Essendon paid McKay 850k a year and 1.5 mil next year

If they wanted us to trade a high first round pick they should have given us one instead of the end of firsts

If they wanted us to trade a high first round pick they should have given us one instead of the end of firsts

That McKay deal was an under the table dealing to get you the compo pick in that high range

Reid lands at NM then he is screwed

Conveniently, the AFL didn't change the FA rules to factor in the CBA, which if they did, wouldn't have triggered the compo for McKay, presuming it's for the average over the length of the contract.

Just another quirk eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back