Play Nice Hypothetical Pick 1 Trade Poll: Pick 1 for Picks 2 & 15 --- Pick 1 & F1 (WCE) for Picks 2 & 3 --- Something else?

What sort of trade do you think would be fair and/or likely when involving Pick 1 in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, I will remind you all to review the rules of the trade board, in particular:
  • No trolling – in addition to the obvious, we have a ban on troll nicknames such as Norf, West Coke, etc similar to the main board, because this type of language is inflammatory and creates more issues than it solves. Keep it civilised or take it elsewhere, such as the Bay or your club board, or whoever will have you really
  • Don't be a pest – this includes derailing the thread with off-topic stuff, or trying to starve it of oxygen through proof by assertion/argument ad nauseam, aka filibustering
  • Personal attacks – should go without saying but stick to the point, no name calling, no insinuations about someone's intelligence, abilities or other attributes

I'm not claiming to know or predict what a kid wants but is it really that hard to understand the difference between a 3 hour drive and a cross country flight followed by a 3 hour drive in terms of both going home and friends visiting you?
I daresay someone has told him you're allowed to make friends outside of your small country home town.

That might be news however to some of the small minded people frequenting this thread.

I think it should be made clear that when it came to going to AFL for assistance package North didn’t actually ask for priority access to Saunders at that time. The reported request was for a pick after the first pick which would have been 3 at that time.

I do believe at the time it was going to be looked at but other clubs rallied at the the time probably because his fo was sensational and he didn’t have a bad game all season.

On the actual point of thread and trades for 1 seems nearly dead in the water. Though I would always love some spicy hype on the day with late trade dramas. Wouldn’t rule it out but mostly thought was finished after the last offers were knocked back. Gut feel North offer or have offered 2, 15 and 18 and that gets knocked back and that’s the night.

Curtin strangely the hardest one to place on the night. Started being a North lock (still want him) then Melbourne.. maybe past them then for Leake being favoured. Hawks lately and still North. Prob hardest to place

I daresay someone has told him you're allowed to make friends outside of your small country home town.

That might be news however to some of the small minded people frequenting this thread.
You couldn't miss the point by much further.

I'm responding to the idea that living in perth is no different than living in Melbourne if you're from country Victoria.

I'm not saying that Reid won't make friends or won't like Perth. Im not pretending to know what a kid feels, like others in here. I'm responding to one comment about Perth and Melbourne.

There's a big difference living 3 hours drive from home and living across the country.

I guarantee the clowns saying North must draft Sanders because we applied for NGA access will be the same posters that would immediately rip on North for taking another inside mid.

It's such an idiotic argument anyway, North will draft what's best for the team moving forward.

Why are north fans on this thread so against picking up sanders? A month ago they seemed to think they deserved him because he did a couple of kick to kicks with Tarryn Thomas. And their ceo pleaded with the afl commission to give them access to him. Now they think he’s not worthy of their club, even with 5 first round picks?
He seems like he'd be a good player, but it's generally agreed that there are just better options at 2 & 3.

I'm responding to the idea that living in perth is no different than living in Melbourne if you're from country Victoria.

I'm not saying that Reid won't make friends or won't like Perth. Im not pretending to know what a kid feels, like others in here. I'm responding to one comment about Perth and Melbourne.

There's a big difference living 3 hours drive from home and living across the country.
There really isn't.

I live on the other side of the world and chat to my mates just as frequently as if I was in Perth and they were up home in the country.

You really need to get out a bit.

Why are north fans on this thread so against picking up sanders? A month ago they seemed to think they deserved him because he did a couple of kick to kicks with Tarryn Thomas. And their ceo pleaded with the afl commission to give them access to him. Now they think he’s not worthy of their club, even with 5 first round picks?
He is not in the top 3 players and he is better than our next pick. If we had pick 7 or 8 he would be a good chance to be picked.

He is not in the top 3 players and he is better than our next pick. If we had pick 7 or 8 he would be a good chance to be picked.
Yeah I get that, but it seems lost on some that the CEO recently went cap in hand to the afl asking for access on this player on the basis they had developed him.

Seems strange they would drop the thought of picking him up now seeing they have other tastier picks.

Although that just suggests they had no real tie or intent to commit to him other than if he was gifted to them. That’s fine, and probably the right reason for the AFL seeing through and knocking back your CEOs initial proposal.

They still have collateral to get him, and it will be interesting to see what they do on draft night.

Yeah I get that, but it seems lost on some that the CEO recently went cap in hand to the afl asking for access on this player on the basis they had developed him.

Seems strange they would drop the thought of picking him up now seeing they have other tastier picks.

Although that just suggests they had no real tie or intent to commit to him other than if he was gifted to them. That’s fine, and probably the right reason for the AFL seeing through and knocking back your CEOs initial proposal.

They still have collateral to get him, and it will be interesting to see what they do on draft night.
We asked a question and got knocked back. Lots of teams will lose NGA players they put a lot of time into.

We aren’t the 1st team and won’t be the last.

North won't use 2 or 3 on Sanders but they attached themselves to him by making an extraordinary request for their own NGA player
Extraordinary? The same request that the Suns received as part of their priority package.

There was a precedent - that’s why we asked. Extaordinary that posters want to discuss priority packages and have no idea about them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North have made more preliminary finals since Gold Coast has existed than Gold Coast have played finals, such that if Gold Coast played finals next year and lost in week one North still would have played 2x as many prelims as GC had played finals ever.

That's why they got the better package.

Don’t play the victim lebow.
CEO wanted sanders.
Prez claimed 5 picks in the draft.

Sanders at three is the right thing to do.
Unless the ceo was being overly disengenous?
North wanted Sanders as a freebie, no way were they ever going to pick him at 2 or 3 and they knew he wouldn't last till their later picks.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We asked a question and got knocked back. Lots of teams will lose NGA players they put a lot of time into.

We aren’t the 1st team and won’t be the last.
You are, I believe, the first (and only) club to demand an NGA player be taken for free outside of NGA regulations.

If you are aware of another club making this demand I would love to hear about it though.

You are, I believe, the first (and only) club to demand an NGA player be taken for free outside of NGA regulations.

If you are aware of another club making this demand I would love to hear about it though.
Man you are so over dramatic in everything
Demand 😂
Request it for consideration would be more accurate, but clearly that doesn’t suit your tired narrative.

Man you are so over dramatic in everything
Demand 😂
Request it for consideration would be more accurate, but clearly that doesn’t suit your tired narrative.
Whatever language you want to use, has any other club ever done it?

Or North asked for the opportunity to bid on an NGA prospect within 40, just as GC are about to take 4 players?

Go to an emerging state if you want emerging state treatment.
It’s called equalisation - catch up. And yes, you’re blowing it out your posterior, as usual because you were plainly wrong about North asking for something no one else enjoyed, and you can’t admit your ignorance

North have made more preliminary finals since Gold Coast has existed than Gold Coast have played finals, such that if Gold Coast played finals next year and lost in week one North still would have played 2x as many prelims as GC had played finals ever.

That's why they got the better package.
In fairness that Gold Coast package was beyond ridiculous. Big part of the reason they have 4 academy kids this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back