If you could have any player based on club needs, who would it be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide -

Priority 1 a KPF - dixon needs to be 100% fit to have an impact and marshall is looking like westhoff mk 2. Georgi looks good but is likely to develop into a second or third tall rather than number one KPF.

Priority 2 a Midfield - boak is still our best midfielder. This rings alarm bells when an ageing player with poor disposal is your number 1. We have rozee who will be a champion player if his development continues but a partner in crime would be nice.

oh and a quality coach would be another priority
so?

We need a pressure forward to keep the ball inside attacking 50.

Tippa would compliment our tall forwards perfectly and form a deadly combo with Luke Breust. This is a left field option but absolutely our biggest need.

A classy midfield type like a Josh Kelly or Jack Macrae would make us far more potent as well.
One of Tippa/C.Cameron/Papley would be nice

For us, you could either go for a key defender (be nice to have a bit more flexibility with Grimes) or another big mid to take the load of Cotch and allow Dusty to spend more time forward.

Toss up between Patrick Cripps and Harris Andrews, but I'd probably go for Andrews.
Agreed. We have a spot of bother when the opposition play two gorillas in the forward line. Neither Grimes or Vlastuin are quite big enough.

As good as Cameron would be with Fogarty up forward, I would have to say that Grundy or Gawn would be a greater priority. When Reilly O'Brien is your best ruckman it is pretty clear what your biggest problem is.

Sadly, we have a few gaps to fill.

Look at what Ottens used to provide Geelong with in finals and always remember how Keating would set the tone for Brisbane

There are always exceptions. (Renouf and Campbell did okay against Ottens in 08 and they were battlers).

I rate Rucks, and would use a top 10 pick in a trade to get one ready made. But i think at age 18 they are not worth high picks to draft.

And ideally they never end up your best/most paid player.

We could also do with a Charlie Cameron type in our team.

When you’ve won 2 in 3 and are heavy favourites to take the choccies again, the most appropriate answer is “no one”.

Would take Fyfe though.

Giants could do with Grundy. (I’d prefer Clarkson or Hardwick)

Gold Coast could do with Tom Green. True he’s only played a game, but he’s a common pick as a future star (think modern Diesel - taller and less dirty) and the right age for their list.

Lachie Whitfield now that Jetta is getting long in the tooth

Charlie Cameron would be a dream running around with Jarrod

I’d also settle for a full season of a fit Naitanui

Remove this Banner Ad

Back