Indian Tour vent thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Australia are as bad on green tops as any nation in the world. Can't believe you would even breathe such a notion - every time we bat in a billiard table we play like we are fresh out of a kanga team. So no, we couldn't do that when other teams tour because there is a strong chance we'd get embarrassed. India's pace attack isn't great but it's good enough that it would cause us problems in the conditions you mentioned.

2. I don't think we juice the wickets up when India comes here. But remember, while we might look at our 6 main test venues and think 'ok, only really Perth and Brisbane are noticeably bouncy or quick' you need to realise that if you come from India, SL, Pakistan or even the West Indies these days, ALL Australian wickets are fast and bouncy.
Just like we go over there and declare all their wickets rank crumbling turners, I'm sure if you're Indian, there are noticeable differences from pitch to pitch.

Yep. This is confirmed by what the captains have said over the last day. One reckons it'll turn from ball one the other reckons it'll start from day 2 at the earliest. No prizes for guessing who said what.

I won't complain about the pitches for the tests. We know they're all going to be spinning dust bowls and there's no issue with India doing that. I will say though that it was poor form to offer up a pitch with grass on it in the practice matches so that the Aussies couldn't adjust to the conditions. A lot of people on the board lament the lack of warm-up matches in the lead up and but if India are gonna serve up green tops there is no point.

I agree with you but in many ways it's no different to Australia offering up glorified grade cricket sides for visiting teams to warm up against

I agree with you but in many ways it's no different to Australia offering up glorified grade cricket sides for visiting teams to warm up against
Or that pitch before the NZ series last summer.

There really need to be at least two four day FC games before every Test series, but no $ so no chance.

I won't complain about the pitches for the tests. We know they're all going to be spinning dust bowls and there's no issue with India doing that. I will say though that it was poor form to offer up a pitch with grass on it in the practice matches so that the Aussies couldn't adjust to the conditions. A lot of people on the board lament the lack of warm-up matches in the lead up and but if India are gonna serve up green tops there is no point.

At least they got to play a match. In Australia the touring side gets to field for two days while their opponents make about a thousand, and then the pitch is declared unsatisfactory and the match abandoned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Australia are as bad on green tops as any nation in the world. Can't believe you would even breathe such a notion - every time we bat in a billiard table we play like we are fresh out of a kanga team. So no, we couldn't do that when other teams tour because there is a strong chance we'd get embarrassed. India's pace attack isn't great but it's good enough that it would cause us problems in the conditions you mentioned.

2. I don't think we juice the wickets up when India comes here. But remember, while we might look at our 6 main test venues and think 'ok, only really Perth and Brisbane are noticeably bouncy or quick' you need to realise that if you come from India, SL, Pakistan or even the West Indies these days, ALL Australian wickets are fast and bouncy.
Just like we go over there and declare all their wickets rank crumbling turners, I'm sure if you're Indian, there are noticeable differences from pitch to pitch.

We are as bad on green tops because we have been raised to bat on roads. Now if we played on a variety of different pitches as we once did then we would not look so inadequate when we face such a predicament.

I don't even go for Australia, and this is only a hypothetical side but Brendan Julian has named a one paceman attack featuring no Hazlewood in his XI.

The sheer stupidity of such a notion makes me want to inject him with hypodermic needles
If they dropped Hazlewood I would be done with Australian cricket.

Yep, I'd be full drama queen mode and taking my flaming torch down to Jolimont.

I don't even go for Australia, and this is only a hypothetical side but Brendan Julian has named a one paceman attack featuring no Hazlewood in his XI.

The sheer stupidity of such a notion makes me want to inject him with hypodermic needles

The only thing remotely interesting about Brendan Julian is the eerie similarity between himself and Bernard Julien. Not just the name, but both bowled left arm quick and batted right. Both averaged just under 40 (with the ball). Bernard (the Windian) did manage to score a test century at Lord's.

Omfg - and then he's gone on to say that Starc is the key - 'if we don't take early wickets we are in trouble.'

Then why the f*** spear your most reliable quick you moron.
We would be if we didn't take early wickets with only one quick...

Just want to get in early with this;

FFS Warner what a dumb shot to get out to, especially in the first over :mad::mad::fire:
Don't reckon Warner will face a ball in the first over

Shaun Marsh's test record against spin is overrated. The sample size is far too small.

A couple of good innings in Sri Lanka and he's a 'must' for India. Yeah, nah for mine. He's an elegant batsman when he's on but he blasted runs in South Africa too but that had no influence on his ability on other pace friendly wickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back