Indian Tour vent thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

You are wasting your time trying to have a mature discussion with PhatBoy.
When he's run out of things to say, he'll start to call you names, and swear, it's how he rolls..................
I told you....
PhatBoy is a mixed up Dude, with a chip bigger than the Punjab on his shoulder...

Let me get this straight.

You think everyone should speak the same
language in case somebody is racially vilified.

So when I go to France later this year, i should HAVE to learn French just in case the locals think I'm vilifying them.

How do I know the blokes in the local cricket side Im playing against don't have a made-up word for a fat white c*nt with an indigenous wife and kids that I can't understand when I take guard?

If you think this has anything to do with being an apologist for Indians or people from anywhere, you're more wasted between the ears than I could have ever imagined.
As Mental as Anything sang (With a slight variation, just to suit your particular sad case.)

Oh, Oh The Chips are gettin' bigger.....

Don't worry about learning French, you struggle with Australian......

You are wasting your time trying to have a mature discussion with PhatBoy.
When he's run out of things to say, he'll start to call you names, and swear, it's how he rolls..................

Coming from a bloke advocating that every player has to speak the same language whenever they play.

So you'll have no problem with Mitchell Starc having to learn 'get f***ed' in Bengali later this year, right, or get reprimanded for saying it to a batsman in English?

By the way, are you describing me, or describing the Australian cricketers when things aren't going their way?

Go and hit the websites mate. You'll be learning all languages of the world sometime soon I'm guessing in a show of solidarity with your first class idea for the cricketers of this planet.

Coming from a bloke advocating that every player has to speak the same language whenever they play.

So you'll have no problem with Mitchell Starc having to learn 'get f***ed' in Bengali later this year, right, or get reprimanded for saying it to a batsman in English?

By the way, are you describing me, or describing the Australian cricketers when things aren't going their way?

Go and hit the websites mate. You'll be learning all languages of the world sometime soon I'm guessing in a show of solidarity with your first class idea for the cricketers of this planet.
Oh, oh. The chips are gettin' BIGGERRRRRR

As Mental as Anything sang (With a slight variation, just to suit your particular sad case.)

Oh, Oh The Chips are gettin' bigger.....

Don't worry about learning French, you struggle with Australian......

Australian isn't a language.

You may be referring to 'strine' which is a common term for the various idiosyncrasies of Australian English.

Let the grown ups talk and get back to the One Nation leaflets mate.

It was 9 years ago so I don't see it as being especially relevant to right now, and regardless I think Harbhajan was probably speaking in plain English anyway.

it just happened in the indian series where matthew wade asked ravi jadeja what a sledge directed at him meant. he called him what can be translated into english as motherf***er. would that be acceptable to say over a live stump mike in australia in english?

if harbhajan was speaking in plain english then he probably did call symonds a monkey. his defence was he used an indian term that sounds like monkey, but roughly translates to 'your mother', an offensive indian insult.

Australian isn't a language.

You may be referring to 'strine' which is a common term for the various idiosyncrasies of Australian English.

Let the grown ups talk and get back to the One Nation leaflets mate.
Australian is a language my friend.
I'm Australian, I speak Australian.............

You, on the other hand, speak out of your.........

it just happened in the indian series where matthew wade asked ravi jadeja what a sledge directed at him meant. he called him what can be translated into english as motherf***er. would that be acceptable to say over a live stump mike in australia in english?

if harbhajan was speaking in plain english then he probably did call symonds a monkey. his defence was he used an indian term that sounds like monkey, but roughly translates to 'your mother', an offensive indian insult.

I thought the Wade exchange was regarding Wade asking him to 'come up here and say it.'

I'd prefer it if words like 'mother*er' didn't pop up on the stump mic, but on the flip side, every man and his dog lauds Ian Healy, the closest person to a stump mic during his playing days, for famously calling someone an overweight unfit fat c*nt.

I believe Singh out and out called Symonds a monkey. But if he was indeed speaking Hindi or Punjabi or something then I don't really have a problem with it.

I'm from country NSW - I'm sure there are words out here we use that people in the city don't.

I'm not going to be bent over a barrel if I play sport against a City team and forced to decide which dialect I can and can't use.

Omfg.

You literally quoted me saying that I believed an Indian cricketer used a racist term, in English, and it's apparently apologising for Indians.

How many drinks have you had?
You convieniently forgot what happened in 2008. You are a just an Aussie hater. Good on you.
Indian apologist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australian is a language my friend.
I'm Australian, I speak Australian.............

You, on the other hand, speak out of your.........

How many posts is that now in which you've failed to explain exactly WHY other nations should have to learn our language? Or why Australia shouldn't have to learn Bengali/Punjab/Urdu/Sinhalese/Dutch/Afrikaans?

Like I said, leave it to the grown ups or make a point.

I thought the Wade exchange was regarding Wade asking him to 'come up here and say it.'

I'd prefer it if words like 'mother******' didn't pop up on the stump mic, but on the flip side, every man and his dog lauds Ian Healy, the closest person to a stump mic during his playing days, for famously calling someone an overweight unfit fat c*nt.

I believe Singh out and out called Symonds a monkey. But if he was indeed speaking Hindi or Punjabi or something then I don't really have a problem with it.

I'm from country NSW - I'm sure there are words out here we use that people in the city don't.

I'm not going to be bent over a barrel if I play sport against a City team and forced to decide which dialect I can and can't use.
You always get out the excuse book when cornered.

74561347 has you F##### at the moment.

Loving it.

You convieniently forgot what happened in 2008. You are a just an Aussie hater. Good on you.
Indian apologist

It happened a decade ago and one player from either side is still involved. I assumed the discussion was regarding something that must have happened recently You forgetting The current Australian coach calling an opposition team 'black c*nts' because it was 16 years ago or something? Wanna talk about that?

How many posts is that now in which you've failed to explain exactly WHY other nations should have to learn our language? Or why Australia shouldn't have to learn Bengali/Punjab/Urdu/Sinhalese/Dutch/Afrikaans?

Like I said, leave it to the grown ups or make a point.
Apologist................

You always get out the excuse book when cornered.

74561347 has you F##### at the moment.

Loving it.

How? I'm yet to read a coherent argument as to why everyone should have to speak the same language.

You gonna make one or you going to just be a cheerleader for the bloke who is actually at least trying to construct a proper point of discussion?

It happened a decade ago and one player from either side is still involved. I assumed the discussion was regarding something that must have happened recently You forgetting The current Australian coach calling an opposition team 'black c*nts' because it was 16 years ago or something? Wanna talk about that?
Apologist....

How? I'm yet to read a coherent argument as to why everyone should have to speak the same language.

You gonna make one or you going to just be a cheerleader for the bloke who is actually at least trying to construct a proper point of discussion?
We've both got you by the Salada's, that'll do me.
Go India.............................................................................

You haven't said anything. As such you've got me by nothing.

It's been fun trying to decode your heyrogpiphically complex views on cricket but I think we are done here. It's been a blast.
Think you've had enough beer, judging by this post................

I'd prefer it if words like 'mother******' didn't pop up on the stump mic, but on the flip side, every man and his dog lauds Ian Healy, the closest person to a stump mic during his playing days, for famously calling someone an overweight unfit fat c*nt.

the aired footage with the stump mike on has wade repeatedly asking 'whats it mean?' jadeja was heard using the hindi sledge, and when wade kept asking him what it meant, jadeja responded in english, 'i dont know, youll have to ask someone'.

healy was just about the worst sledger ive seen in my time watching cricket, but at least he sledged in a language that 95% of international cricketers would have been able to understand

edit - i never said everyone should speak the same language on the cricket field. i understand that its easier to speak your native language with your team. my only point was if youre going to sledge someone, have the courage to do it in a language they understand, or to explain what it means to them.

the aired footage with the stump mike on has wade repeatedly asking 'whats it mean?' jadeja was heard using the hindi sledge, and when wade kept asking him what it meant, jadeja responded in english, 'i dont know, youll have to ask someone'.

healy was just about the worst sledger ive seen in my time watching cricket, but at least he sledged in a language that 95% of international cricketers would have been able to understand

If the top bit is true, then fair enough - there's plenty of current relevance there.

I still really don't see how it forces players to have to speak in a language just because their opponent doesn't understand what they're saying. Basically means that half the Bangladeshi players are banned from any form of interaction. How is that fair?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back