Injury Injury update: Seven named on Power injury list on NAB Challenge eve

Remove this Banner Ad

Because I know SFA about these knee injuries, do you guys know how that type of injury might affect Chad longterm? Is it something that once the 10 or so weeks rehab have gone it's all good or something he will need to manage during the rest of his career?

Many guys playing lower level play with em for years.
I got mine fixed over Christmas and the doc said I'll have more ongoing issues with that than the acl that I also got fixed. I took that to mean more chance of reoccurring - but less impact and quicker recovery - if you choose to fix.

That list look ok but when you add Angus and Paddy we wouldn't want a few more first choices getting injured considering the first 5 games.
Of our 22 who played all 3 finals + Ryder - I'd say Wingard, Ryder and Monfries are a big chance to miss Rd 1. If we got 2 more injuries that would be down to best 18. Depends who those 2 would be but Impey, Mitchell, Young, Stewart, Krak, Butcher and Clurey have enough talent to select 4 out of that 7 to cover missing 4 of our best 22.

Of our 22 who played all 3 finals + Ryder - I'd say Wingard, Ryder and Monfries are a big chance to miss Rd 1. If we got 2 more injuries that would be down to best 18. Depends who those 2 would be but Impey, Mitchell, Young, Stewart, Krak, Butcher and Clurey have enough talent to select 4 out of that 7 to cover missing 4 of our best 22.
Wingard and Gus out I'd think the hobbit maybe a chance for round one, Impey as well as we are playing Freo.

Shame about Billy Frampton's injury. was looking forward to see him play (SNAFLE) when I could. I knew he played injured in 2013, but not 2014. I thought he did ok in the championships. If we can get him right, I think we will have picked up a very good player. May take a while, but he will be worth it.

If Chads was meniscus, 9-10 weeks is a crazy time frame. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a medial strain as well. 4 weeks is what you should be looking at for cartilage clean out. Having done cartilage myself I know that if the tear is in the right spot, it can heal on its own in 6-8 weeks. My other knee clean out on the other hand had me ready to run in around 3.

Anyway on another note, hopefully by the look of that list we are pacing the return of our boys well to have a near full strength list come round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back