Interstate members - GF Tickets?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. Email from the Club today requesting me to advise them if my circumstances had changed and I had entered Queensland or will be soon. The answer is no.

Say the email probably went out to internationals, Vic and NSW addressed members with GF guarantee.

Haere Ra

Cant' remember if I'm still in Victoria or Queensland membership wise....

Got my ticket through the MCC Ballot today - just have to encourage the Tiges to win tomorrow night🙏 otherwise it could be a less interesting GF attendance.

Last edited:

Sorry,I should have said I am in W.A. I think we can get into QLD with no quarantine but we need to quarantine on return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we have to spray your with Phenyl when you arrive though - small price to pay ;) :D

So there's this bit in the email to eligible members:
" As per our membership terms and conditions, membership cards and associated benefits are for personal use only and may not be transferred to another person under any circumstance. Due to COVID-19 contract tracing requirements, the member name must correspond with the ticket purchaser name."
I have a priority 1 allocation being from Tas, but can't make it if we;re in, does the bit above mean I can't pass a ticket onto someone up there who can go? TheLoungeLizard, I'm thinking of you cos you gots the lucky charms about ya :)
cheers!

Cant' remember if I'm still in Victoria or Queensland membership wise....

Got my ticket through the MCC Ballot today - just have to encourage the Tiges to win tomorrow night🙏 otherwise it could be a less interesting GF attendance.
Got your ticket or got in the ballot?

So there's this bit in the email to eligible members:
" As per our membership terms and conditions, membership cards and associated benefits are for personal use only and may not be transferred to another person under any circumstance. Due to COVID-19 contract tracing requirements, the member name must correspond with the ticket purchaser name."
I have a priority 1 allocation being from Tas, but can't make it if we;re in, does the bit above mean I can't pass a ticket onto someone up there who can go? TheLoungeLizard, I'm thinking of you cos you gots the lucky charms about ya :)
cheers!

Good question. Have a similar situation with my Priority 2 membership and whether I can get a ticket and let my wife use it. I am already in on my MCC membership. I'm a bit worried about the Covid rules and whether there is a risk of a hefty fine, quite apart from the 'terms and conditions' issue.

Got your ticket or got in the ballot?

Got ticket (well it's coming), was contacted today and confirmed. Only a couple of hundred given to the MCC apparently

I think we have to spray your with Phenyl when you arrive though - small price to pay ;) :D

Haha I’d put up with that .Got priority 1 but I gotta start work on the 1st November.thats nowhere near enough time for me to 14 day home quarantine once I fly back to WA.

Haha I’d put up with that .Got priority 1 but I gotta start work on the 1st November.thats nowhere near enough time for me to 14 day home quarantine once I fly back to WA.

Why does work get in the way of fun so often...........?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m a P1 MRC member - still going to be a marginal call not to go

Flights booked,type G Queensland border declaration pass filled out.Stayin at a mates place on the Goldy.Gunna ring work n tell em I’m unavailable coz I gotta quarantine when I get back to WA,will be available about 10th November if yas still want me.Opportunity knocks,I’m on it.Got priority 1,can’t let that slide.

Just make sure you all are very certain you meet all the requirements to enter QLD , My partner works in the department monitoring the applications etc.

Alot of people are making mistakes in regards to the forms and they are just pricks in regards to any empathy for a simple mistake even if you are in ok to enter zone.

Another factor, alot of people have come in on the plane and then there may be someone on that plane that has lied and is coming from a hotspot and if they are positive , Then unfortunately you are all forced to quarantine .

Alot of people have entered from the correct zone but unfortunately if someone else on that plane is considered dirty.. you are all painted with the same brush.

The rules are ridiculous.. and then all it could take is a community transmission case to be detected in QLD and the grand final crowd will be reduced to original covid crowds... Which then means alot of ppl with tickets won't be eligible anymore..

I have tickets already but I hate knowing it is at the Gabba and all those Victorian Tiger Army members not being able to be at a Richmond grand final

I have tickets already but I hate knowing it is at the Gabba and all those Victorian Tiger Army members not being able to be at a Richmond grand final
Spare a thought for the thousands of members who haven't been able to attend any of the GFs for the past few years and now have a chance to. We are an Australian brand not just Victorian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back