Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m saying he doesn’t have the same reputation as the others you listed.

He also has a reputation for being a campaigner and also a big party animal.

Your list is genuinely the first time I’ve seen him listed with the others.

If someone asked me, as a non tennis follower, who the 🐐 of tennis is/was, my answer would be Pete Sampras.
Is this like the reputation so many sports people have but it turns out to be just malicious rumours and innuendo?

Had a reasonable career for being a party animal, imagine if he trained hard, he would have 30 Major titles instead of a mere 24.

The greatest tennis player of all time in terms of % matches won, % matches won in majors , major victories,% matches won in doubles/mixed doubles , basically everything ,had a baby in between then retired early to have another one , is without question Margaret Court.

And no one likes her.

Joka is a complete freak. Seems a bit different as a person . Would be surprised if he's not also the hardest working and has the gamesmanship and mental game to beat them all. Only one who could match his record is Laver because Laver spent his greatest years as a pro where who knows how many majors he would have won.

But I digress all superstar sports people ,especially in this era, have to be crazily driven and whatever collateral gets in the way of that immaterial. Being a bit narcissistic is part of the territory.

I guess this article has probably been in the Brissy paper too but thought I'd mention it here as well, just in case..

..In Gold Coast Bulletin "The day Brisbane's Cam Rayner arrived as a future star"

We need him to do saturday what he did back then!

It's a good read.

Last edited:
I guess this article has probably been in the Brissy paper too but thought I'd mention it here as well, just in case..

..In Gold Coast Bulletin "The day Brisbane's Cam Rayner arrived as a future star"

We need him to do saturday what he did back then!

It's a good read.
It's behind a pay wall

It's behind a pay wall

Oh dear....well basically it was about his rise through the junior ranks etc....spoke to a couple of his coaches who commented that they just knew he was destined to play at the top level...also mentioned how he kicked 8 goals in a grand final when he was under the actual age he was supposed to be playing....I think it was that he was u 16 playing u 18.

I can't find the article now to check that so I'm just relying on my memory ...... and that could be fraught with danger!

...but the kicking 8 goals in a GF is correct tho

Oh dear....well basically it was about his rise through the junior ranks etc....spoke to a couple of his coaches who commented that they just knew he was destined to play at the top level...also mentioned how he kicked 8 goals in a grand final when he was under the actual age he was supposed to be playing....I think it was that he was u 16 playing u 18.

I can't find the article now to check that so I'm just relying on my memory ...... and that could be fraught with danger!

...but the kicking 8 goals in a GF is correct tho

I'd take a Tom Boyd style career from Cam. Okay footballer in every game other than the GF where he goes God tier.

At the Royal Derby. Awesome atmosphere.

Thank you Don, Mike and team. You are adding some icing on the grand final cake.
Can you grab me a cider? I don't want to get up from my table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Royal Derby was fantastic. This week has been a bit surreal, but being in a room full of 300 Lions felt like we've truly arrived. Love how much confidence there is among fans. Going to be a fun day at training and the parade!

This is behind a paywall in The Herald Sun. Anyone able to access it?

Every Lions’ contract status, future analysed after GF loss​

It’s a very long article. Goes through every single player on the list, including their contract status and champion data rating + a little write up. Any players in particular you want to know about?

It’s a very long article. Goes through every single player on the list, including their contract status and champion data rating + a little write up. Any players in particular you want to know about?
I’ve done it in the past, but if you have a hard copy of the HS, take a couple of pics and attach to your post 👍

Thanks haystark Not specific players, just curious to see how they rate our players.

Thanks haystark Not specific players, just curious to see how they rate our players.

Elite: Daniher, Andrews

Above average: Dunkley, Neale, Zorko, Rayner, Cameron, Bailey, Lester, McInerney

Average: McCluggage, Berry, Ashcroft, McCarthy, K. Coleman, Hipwood, Wilmot

Below average: Robertson, Ah Chee, Gunston, Sharp, McKenna, Gardiner, Fletcher, Fort, Starcevich, Payne, Answerth

Poor: Lohmann, Madden, Lyons, Prior, Tunstill, Joyce

N/A: Cockatoo, B. Coleman, Fullarton, Smith, Brain, Mathieson, Michael, Lane, McDowell-White

Remove this Banner Ad

Back