Rumour Is Horlin-Smith off to GWS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Caddy is far better than Horlin-Smith? No he's not. Jury is still way out on that one.
Really? Caddy will be a top 10 player at the club next year. I think he will pass the likes of Duncan next year. Horlin Smith has massive speed concerns. I hope he can make it but I'm becoming doubtful. Think he will be just another Prismall clone, albeit with a bit more skill but not as good as finding the ball.

Really? Caddy will be a top 10 player at the club next year. I think he will pass the likes of Duncan next year. Horlin Smith has massive speed concerns. I hope he can make it but I'm becoming doubtful. Think he will be just another Prismall clone, albeit with a bit more skill but not as good as finding the ball.

I hope Caddy does become that. He's not there yet though. He played a great half against Hawthorn in the Prelim, but he was bloody awful against Fremantle and his decision making and disposal left plenty to be desired at times.

No doubt Horlin-Smith isn't the quickest guy around. But we'll see how often he can find the ball next year. Besides if he's replacing Corey there won't be any big difference. Except he'll get more of the footy and use it better. And being 11 years younger his reflexes will be much better.

I honestly have no idea how Cats fans can draw these sorts of sweeping conclusions about players who have barely had any senior game time.

Remember Ling, Ablett, Corey, Kelly, Enright, Bartel, Mackie, Mooney, Rooke, Milburn, Scarlett? These blokes needed a significant number of games before they became guns. If we had exact clones of them on our list right now, most Cats fans would be cutting them because they are no good, too slow, lack some alleged characteristic or other.

It is frankly ridiculous. It's way too early to be making calls on Horlin-Smith or quite a few others (e.g. Smedts, T. Hunt).

I honestly have no idea how Cats fans can draw these sorts of sweeping conclusions about players who have barely had any senior game time.

Remember Ling, Ablett, Corey, Kelly, Enright, Bartel, Mackie, Mooney, Rooke, Milburn, Scarlett? These blokes needed a significant number of games before they became guns. If we had exact clones of them on our list right now, most Cats fans would be cutting them because they are no good, too slow, lack some alleged characteristic or other.

It is frankly ridiculous. It's way too early to be making calls on Horlin-Smith or quite a few others (e.g. Smedts, T. Hunt).

Less so THunt IMO. Over 50 senior games and been around longer than the others you mention. I think if THunt does not come good next season he may need a new home.

However I agree with the general tenure of your comment. You need 50 senior games really to know how good a prospect you have in general (a few exceptions exits like Selwood). But it goes the other way as well - people saying Caddy is great or a gun are getting ahead of themselves a bit too I think.

Has done enough to be in the team but has not done enough to be cement his position. If he plays better and as a midfielder GFC have made a wise choice. But he is not over the line yet IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back