Is it time for Dimma to go.

• Yes

Votes: 97 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 126 57.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

REally ?

So all them 100 point thrashings didnt make you feel bad ?
What about when Dunstal Ablett Carey Dermie were kicking 14,15,16,17 goals against Richmond

Christ you guys post so much S H ! T
Recency bias at play big time

I literally said they made too many mistakes. But players always make mistakes. Always. Even at our peak.

Poor kicking for goal? That's not anything new. Wasn't Lynch missing them from 10m out in our flag year?

Fumbles? Go watch the 2017 GF highlights and watch Grimes fumble the ball which let Betts run into an open goal for their 2nd of the game.

These always happened, not the degree of last night obviously, but they do even when we win. Your acting like because they're experienced they can't make mistakes and can't have poor games. That's just silly.

And back to my point, with half the team with almost no experience it does also effect the older players decision making. You second guess and that's when you make mistakes.
You also don't make up for your mistakes by doing something good and scoring the other way quite as much.

Others have mentioned this already, but I think it's worth mentioning again: The big difference between now and 2017 is the intensity. In 2017, if an opposition player picked up the football, three or four Richmond players would descend on him and get it back. Weren't not doing that now. It's embarrassing what we're doing now. I think it was in the last quarter. On centre-wing, one of our players had Blakey covered, but the other Richmond on the scene just stood around and failed to cover Blakey's outlet handball option.

Others have mentioned this already, but I think it's worth mentioning again: The big difference between now and 2017 is the intensity. In 2017, if an opposition player picked up the football, three or four Richmond players would descend on him and get it back. Weren't not doing that now. It's embarrassing what we're doing now. I think it was in the last quarter. On centre-wing, one of our players had Blakey covered, but the other Richmond on the scene just stood around and failed to cover Blakey's outlet handball option.
Don’t think we had an excess of players who were post 30 in 2017

90% of our playing group in that prime age bracket between 24 - 28 with a few younger bodies
Grigg was the oldest player at 29 years old

A breakdown of our list age that year

Club<2020-2930+Total
Richmond234036

Last edited:

Don’t think we had an excess of players who were post 30 in 2017

80 of our playing group in that prime age bracket between 24 - 28 with a few younger bodies
Grigg was the oldest player at 29 years old

Fair enough, but if Dimma's only game plan is an intense, almost Rugby-like scrimmage game and this relies on having young, fit, athletic players, why is he playing players who don't fit the bill or not changing to a new game plan?

Fair enough, but if Dimma's only game plan is an intense, almost Rugby-like scrimmage game and this relies on having young, fit, athletic players, why is he playing players who don't fit the bill or not changing to a new game plan?
As a few have mentioned it’s just a little bit of a transition period between the old guard and the new blood

Ideally we would probably be resting our older guys more and transitioning them to less important roles but with the injuries we have copped it hasn’t allowed us to do that

We have 35 players on our senior list and 13 are injured 23 players are required on gameday, you do the math.

As a few have mentioned it’s just a little bit of a transition period between the old guard and the new blood

Ideally we would probably be resting our older guys more and transitioning them to less important roles but with the injuries we have copped it hasn’t allowed us to do that

So, Dimma thinks the 2017 game style can be recreated with a full-strength list?

Maybe - and there are probably better judges than me as to how far below standard they were but they were definitely below standard
Picket No was good especially early
Taranto No was good all game
Hopper No he was very good
Grimes 50/50 everyone judging him on the Papley goal when it wasn’t his man or should never have been in that position

Rest meh

So, Dimma thinks the 2017 game style can be recreated with a full-strength list?
Wouldn’t say that, we play a very different style it’s just we aren’t constantly executing but considering the key outs we have it’s not really that surprising

I get that we're not full strength but we're still fielding a dozen or more premiership players and all but one was woeful last night
Throw Lynch, Nank and short into last nights game and it looks very different

We don’t have millers costly mistakes, Lynch sticks the marks that Ryan dropped and short offers better overlap run and defensive efforts compared to Hugo and that’s before we talk about Broad and the possibility of resting guys like vlossy who are out of form

We don’t have millers costly mistakes, Lynch sticks the marks that Ryan dropped and short offers better overlap run and defensive efforts compared to Hugo and that’s before we talk about Broad and the possibility of resting guys like vlossy who are out of form
Lynch and Broad play last night we win. Even if they had a McCartin and Buddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legit people we're saying we'd be better without Nankervis.. :rolleyes:

Wouldn’t say that, we play a very different style it’s just we aren’t constantly executing but considering the key outs we have it’s not really that surprising

I agree with that - although "style" is probably being generous. I just don't think we look interested, or we look frustrated (Bolton), and I just don't think you can blame a bad attitude on players that are injured. In fact, one of the few good memories I have of the side from, say, 20 years ago was that when we used to have an injury to a key player (say, Richo), the other players seemed to redouble their efforts to cover the hole.

I agree with that - although "style" is probably being generous. I just don't think we look interested, or we look frustrated (Bolton), and I just don't think you can blame a bad attitude on players that are injured. In fact, one of the few good memories I have of the side from, say, 20 years ago was that when we used to have an injury to a key player (say, Richo), the other players seemed to redouble their efforts to cover the hole.
But it’s not just one player right now we are missing multiple key players across multiple lines and it’s reached a breaking point

Broad is essential to how our backline operates

Nank is our number 1 ruck and captain

Tom Lynch is our most important player

That’s only 3 and we have others like short and Graham who are arguably just as much a value to the side
If it was just one or two we could cover but it’s not

Who do you think we can bring in that can fix our problems with getting the ball out of our defensive fifty?

Who do you think we can bring in that can fix our problems with getting the ball out of our defensive fifty?
Short and Graham both provide great overlap run that we are missing and relying for Rioli to do

Duhh If you find a formula that nobody can beat and gets you 3 flags then you have the current top clubs emulating that same game plan

You think maybe just maybe thats the best game plan ?
or maybe you have a better plan that you should go to punt rd and give the coaches the plan

Picket No was good especially early
Taranto No was good all game
Hopper No he was very good
Grimes 50/50 everyone judging him on the Papley goal when it wasn’t his man or should never have been in that position

Rest meh
Id say kmac, was also ok and is often very unfairly maligned by clueless supporters. Id say the same about Graham but his disposal does let him down more often then we would like.

Last edited:
All That Nicksplat GIF by NickRewind
Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory Tantrum GIF
who framed roger rabbit crying GIF

This is a sad thread. What a bunch of babies.

Back