Is this the end of the Greens? The post-WA Election Bump

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting look at Lee Rhiannon and the NSW Greens versus Brown and Milne on Four Corners tonight. Sheds a lot of light on the dysfunction in the Greens.
For mine really showed how undemocratic NSW Greens are despite them trying to say differently.
Think they should go it alone and hopefully not destablise the party further.

What's disappointing about all this infighting is that it shows that politicians across the board can be ridiculously petty at times, almosy always egotistically think that they are 100% right and hold silly grudges. The Greens can't escape standard human behaviour, unfortunately.

Despite her being extremely true to her core beliefs, the allegations that Lee Rhiannon being a bit of a white-anter seem pretty obvious to me. I would've hoped they could move past this, but airing all the dirty laundry on the ABC is surely not going to help. Presumably the national leadership are just waiting until she retires.

The Four Corners episode will not in any way shift the needle in relation to Greens' support. Those that support the Greens will have their own views on the program (depending on whether they're siding with or against Rhiannon) and those that don't support the Greens will just point at the program and laugh at the Greens' dysfunction, while pretending their own parties are all beer and skittles.

The most interesting thing that emerged from the program is that Rhiannon is facing a preselection battle in October, but the program did not disclose the identity/identities of the person(s) challenging Rhiannon.

In actual fact, the program was all the more interesting as to whom didn't appear on the program as opposed to who did. Neither Bandt nor SHY were interviewed. Bandt supports Rhiannon, and opposed the resolution to exclude Rhiannon from the party room in June. Based on the reports of the issue back in June/July, SHY was told by her state members to side with Di Natale but reading her public statements, it seems as though SHY did so reluctantly.

Every rank and filer they showed from NSW looked like what a Green would look like in a Mad as Hell sketch! and Lee calls it a "Central Committee" - it's not very subtle is it?

Rhiannon talked about "the collective" a lot. Classic communist talk.

Why does Andrew Bolt still exist?
Rupert just got 30 mill from the Libs as a back hander for his constant ad campaign and he needs to spend it
He only loses* 20 mill a year on the Australian so theres plenty left for Bolt and the Torygraph

*claims a political deduction

I think that the way the Greens handled the stepping down of their Senators as opposed to the Libs and ON would have gained them votes.
Look forward to the next polls.

I hope so. I really don't get this whole thing about the Greens being "loons". In what way are they "crazy"? Especially when you take a look at the conservative members of the LNP and PHON...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope so. I really don't get this whole thing about the Greens being "loons". In what way are they "crazy"? Especially when you take a look at the conservative members of the LNP and PHON...

You would understand if you had observed Di Natale on QandA tonight. Trying to argue that Adani was destroying the barrier reef and causing hurricanes. What a tosser. Bring back Bob Brown and his aliens ringing on the intergalactic phones.

I'm sure some one nation voters can't see that one nation has nutbags. but like one nation, the greens appeal to the fringe 10% of society.

but you're right, there are nutbags within the LNP

so Adani isn't going to destroy the Barrier Reef, in your opinion?

I dare say the opinion of the state and federal government's environmental departments carry more weight. Have you read Adani's submissions and the department's responses and conditions?

I dare say the opinion of the state and federal government's environmental departments carry more weight. Have you read Adani's submissions and the department's responses and conditions?
Really..... the opinion of a Government desperate for cash and to look as if though they are building the nation? Not to mention that the Environmental department did not follow environment law..

Really..... the opinion of a Government desperate for cash and to look as if though they are building the nation? Not to mention that the Environmental department did not follow environment law..

the environmental departments are a bureaucratic department, filled unsurprisingly greens, separate from the needs of government

You would understand if you had observed Di Natale on QandA tonight. Trying to argue that Adani was destroying the barrier reef and causing hurricanes. What a tosser. Bring back Bob Brown and his aliens ringing on the intergalactic phones.

Getting desperate there, mate, bumping a two month old thread with a complete non-issue.

Looking forward to you wailing once more as the Greens win 10% of the primary vote in the next election and retain their status as the balance of power in the Senate. Long live the loons.

Getting desperate there, mate, bumping a two month old thread with a complete non-issue.

Looking forward to you wailing once more as the Greens win 10% of the primary vote in the next election and retain their status as the balance of power in the Senate. Long live the loons.

If Di Natale is the respectable face of the party how loony are the other members?

The Greens own analysis shows they are likely to to lose three of their nine Senate seats.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...w/news-story/55d4b0ea25a80eaadeb6c3ba1bc0f26d

Remove this Banner Ad

Back