Toast Is Tom Hawkins the Best All-Round Forward in the AFL Right Now?

Is Tom Hawkins the Best All-Round Forward in the AFL Right Now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine how good he would have been in 80s or 90s when he could just sit one out in the square the whole time.
Would have suited him to the ground. Out marking one on one is his one-wood. Would have been Lockettesque.

It’s extremely hard to compare goal kickers between now and then, simply because now 65 might win you a Coleman. In the 90s, you needed 100.

Would have suited him to the ground. Out marking one on one is his one-wood. Would have been Lockettesque.

It’s extremely hard to compare goal kickers between now and then, simply because now 65 might win you a Coleman. In the 90s, you needed 100.

It is his one wood but he is a soft utensil and it was much harder footy back then I reckon he would have gone to water also couldn’t see him playing in mud might get his jumper dirty.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So even though Jack has kicked more goals and taken more marks he is not as impressive because he had 11 goal assists in our 2017 premiership year when he required 15 to make the grade? OK. Even though Jack plays higher up the ground as evidenced by comparing there I50 and R50 numbers.

Eh, we're probably arguing over 3/5ths of stuff all really, given that the difference in their averages in all categories over that time period (2012-present) is pretty negligible.

Just feels like Hawkins has been a bit more steady and consistent, and hasn't had the down periods or form/injury drop-offs that Jack has at times.

fwiw I have always rated Hawkins, he is an out an out bull. Just last night I was think how slashing he woud look in yellow and black. Would like to see him dominate more consistently and do away with his shitty reports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the answer to the question in the OP it is in the negative. The answer is in fact Toby Greene. Tom may be the best KPF but the best All Round forward is still Toby.

Eh, we're probably arguing over 3/5ths of stuff all really, given that the difference in their averages in all categories over that time period (2012-present) is pretty negligible.

Just feels like Hawkins has been a bit more steady and consistent, and hasn't had the down periods or form/injury drop-offs that Jack has at times.
You just get the feeling...

I was at that game and Hawkins knocking himself out was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! The sound it made was horrible. Kind of like when you hear some kind of car crash in the distance. Not the screeching tyres and broken glass, just a dull thud that makes you think 'what the fu** was that?'.

And speaking of signature games, this was a week after his goal after the siren against Hawthorn. So he was pretty much in as dominant form as he is now.

It's weird the noises that result when someone is absolutely smashed and you're close enough to hear it. Well it's weird later, it's horrific at the time.

Back