Toast Is Zaine the new Dale

Remove this Banner Ad

Another avatar change VD are we about to hear some bad news
re Tristan Tweedie, Dmac sends his love from the Gold Coast.
sadly not but since i changed my avatar to bulls we have lost one game in the series
i'm a curse :(

There won't be another Dale Morris. If you can remember a better one on one defender- let me know.

Yep, this.

Really impressed with Zaine's game yesterday, loved it. Easily his best for the club so far.

He's got a way to go before reaching Morris like levels though - and that's no slight on Zaine, just a reflection of how damn good Dale is.

I wish Morris would play forever, he's irreplaceable

Little as in age. I'm 7 years older so I'm allowed to call him little
I'm 13 years older than you and 177cm/75kg. I guess that means I can call you little regardless of your height/weight?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he the next Morris? No. Will he be able to play Morris's role? I think so. He is tall/long enough to cover talls and is quick and agile enough to cover smalls, he can also read and intercept and as we have seen he is more versatile as he can play a role forward too. Heck he's our premiership winning CHF fwiw. As he gains experience he will be a valuable glue guy that Bevo can give a number of jobs each week and can cover different roles when it's needed. Guys like that are the ones who are underrated for their career.

Am I the only one who sees Jake Stringer as a taller version of Brad Johnson?
Can you imagine if Stringer developed Johnno's contested marking ability?!! He could kick more than 80 a year as Johnno did.

But let's get back to Zaine, I hope he polishes and waxes his knees this weekend. :p

Fletcher Roberts (whipping boy that he is) plays a little more like Moz in my opinion…. in that he understands his limitations. He'll never take the mark of the year or take 4 bounces and drill one from 60 metres (not in the seniors anyway) but he cops more flak than is warranted I reckon. But neither will Dale and I think Roberts is slowly developing in that full on defensive role. And no, I'm not saying he is anywhere in the same Universe as Morris …. I just reckon he'll turn out alright.

As for Zaine, he was great yesterday. Anyone else notice how he immediately drops his head as he kicks? Strange kinda style. Has a bit of C-bomb in him too…. doesn't mind the occasional dust up and I reckon he likes damaging blokes too. Callan Ward agrees. The bloke who will forever be the answer to the trivia question "Who was the first Bulldog to kick a goal in the 62 year drought breaking 2016 Grand Final" is tracking along nicely. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back