Jacinta Allan - 49th Victorian Premier.

Remove this Banner Ad

A train you catch from the airport. You don't have to leave a train station to get from the airport to the CBD.
By that logic. JFK doesn't have an airport train. Just a people mover/Light rail connecting the train stations nearby.

Will be very interested to see how this plays out in reality... $400 per kid is quite a bit, particularly for early Primary years who are unlikely to go on camps.

Given the payments are going directly to the schools I would imagine Principals and Business Managers are currently trying to figure out how much of this they can syphon off given their inability to compel families to make levy payments....
From grade 3 to 6 there was a camp every year at my primary school. This was a government primary school I'd imagine others do simulator

Do the other airports that service New York have a train station?
LaGuardia. Nope. Only the M60, Q47, Q48, Q70 and Q72 buses.

Newark. Same at JFK to a point. Newark Liberty International Airport train station on the North East Corridor nearby. Requires a change to a monorail to get to the terminals.
The station was built in 2001 and it's whole purpose was to give train access to the airport. You can't actually access it via a footpath.

LaGuardia. Nope. Only the M60, Q47, Q48, Q70 and Q72 buses.

Newark. Same at JFK to a point. Newark Liberty International Airport train station on the North East Corridor nearby. Requires a change to a monorail to get to the terminals.
The station was built in 2001 and it's whole purpose was to give train access to the airport. You can't actually access it via a footpath.
New York, certainly a city with a reputation for having an integrated train system, with no trains to the airport. Not what I expected.

I'm still happy with my logic.

New York, certainly a city with a reputation for having an integrated train system, with no trains to the airport. Not what I expected.

I assume in JFKs case they are either uber/taxiing out or they're getting the Airtrain from the terminals to Jamaica station and getting the Long Island Railroad to Penn Station or Grand Central terminal.
The LIRR isn't some slouch of a railway. Trains every 6 minutes to Penn and 6 to Grand Central.

Last edited:
I assume in JFKs case they are either uber/taxiing out or they're getting the Airtrain from the terminals to Jamaica station and getting the Long Island Railroad to Penn Station or Grand Central terminal.
The LIRR isn't some slouch of a railway. Trains every 6 minutes to Penn and 6 to Grand Central.

Both New York airports have long been known to be transit shitholes. America is not where you want to be looking for transit guidance.

I always wonder what Americans think when they travel to any of the big Asian airports, which are light years ahead.

Both New York airports have long been known to be transit shitholes. America is not where you want to be looking for transit guidance.

I always wonder what Americans think when they travel to any of the big Asian airports, which are light years ahead.
Like Bangkok in Thighland?

NYC also has capped taxi fares to the airport. It's the law. Imagine trying that here!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only people who say that are people who don't like him anyway.

You don't get to be the longest serving premier by being bad.
You evidently get to be the longest premier by being a control freak, lying megalomaniac, who has a cult like following amongst Labor diehards, who worship him like a god rather than open their eyes to the truth of the financial debacle he has left the state in. It is not a short term mess anymore, it will inflict multi generational hurt on Victorians!

You evidently get to be the longest premier by being a control freak, lying megalomaniac, who has a cult like following amongst Labor diehards, who worship him like a god rather than open their eyes to the truth of the financial debacle he has left the state in. It is not a short term mess anymore, it will inflict multi generational hurt on Victorians!
So nothing to do with things like level crossing removals and the Metro tunnel?

In the end if the voters thought he was doing a bad job he would have been voted out.

Would have been longer if not for the covid debacle under his watch
Would have been short with a decent opposition.

Agree he wasn't the worst ever,, certainly an improvement on his do nothing predecessor. But there are good reasons he watered down and defunded integrity organisations.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s not a cult following we are just triggering you back

That's a fairly narrow and naïve view to take.

Almost 31 million passenger movements occur at Melbourne Airport each year and this is growing. That's people flying in and out. And you're saying because you or whoever may only use the airport twice a year an airport rail link is not a priority. Is that what you are saying?

Clearly not everyone would use a rail link, but with parking costs as high as they are and the limitations of Skybus, a rail link would be guaranteed good patronage considering how far out Melbourne Airport is. And Melbourne Airport is regarded as one of the top 50 busiest airports in the world. The Melbourne - Sydney route is one of the busiest in the world with over 9 million people flying between the two cities each year. And you can't see the value in an Airport link?

How many people do you think will use SRL?

I live regionally so wouldn't be likely to use an airport rail link but I'm 100% positive that I'll never, ever use the SRL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back