Jacinta Allan - 49th Victorian Premier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, but your assessment is tending to be a generalisation. For sure some initiatives turn out better than others.

For all the andrews Allan govt faults they have raised the bar better than most predecessors… and got things done.

Kennets mob also did that, but the trumpian tendencies before there was trump were a major flaw
Comm Games stuff-up, spend a billion.
EWL Cancellation, spend a billion.
difficulties with North East Link, spend 20 bn instead of 10bn.
Airport Rail - Sky high.

Many of the cost blowouts are due to not wanting to upset people.

Every infrastructure project was gold-plate, speed more important than value for money.

Money was no object in the development and delivery of transport projects, but there's no Integrated Transport Plan. They've done zero work to see if SRL is a better project than Metro 2. Who cares if $40bn is spent and $20bn of it is wasted if there's nothing to compare it to?/ What's $20bn when it captures some marginal seats?

Sorry, but your assessment is tending to be a generalisation. For sure some initiatives turn out better than others.

For all the andrews Allan govt faults they have raised the bar better than most predecessors… and got things done.

Kennets mob also did that, but the trumpian tendencies before there was trump were a major flaw

I missed the bit where Kennett disputed the result of an election.

(He lost the 1999 election by 14 votes in Geelong, accepted the result gracefully and never exhibited any bitterness towards the voters or the man who vanquished him).

Resolve Vic State Poll
ALP 28
LNP 37
GRN 13
IND 16
OTH 6

Looks like there will be hung upper houses (at least) for the foreseeable future, which I think is a good thing. Anything which takes away from a duopoly is a good thing. I don't like majority Governments at all. Just breeds Hubris.

Resolve Vic State Poll
ALP 28
LNP 37
GRN 13
IND 16
OTH 6

Pretty damning result for the libs given the incompetence and corruption of the Andrews/Allen government's is no longer being hidden. A properly run moderate liberal party would be more like 20 points ahead of the ALP.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who are OTHER 6%?
Small defined parties, such as the Shooters and Fishers, Animal Justice and Legalise Cannabis.
I’d be very surprised if state debt was a deciding factor
According to the polling, it seems the falling ALP votes is happening at the same time as people are unhappy with the budget and Tim Pallas' performance as Treasurer. I tend to agree with you as a primary source, but the broken promises (which they are clearly unhappy with) are being broken due to fiscal issues.

I’d be very surprised if state debt was a deciding factor
I guess sitting in your castle in Canterbury you wouldn't be affected in any way by cuts.

I'd be very surprised if the debt issue has NOT finally cut through, and the Commonwealth Games debacle was the turning point when people realised this government has lost the plot with its lies and expenditure waste. The government is now in self preservation mode with more than half a term still to serve.

Last edited:
On the LNP 37...

As with other things, it would be unprecedented if the LNP won government with a primary vote that low. But the ALP is at 28... a different time, but when the ALP got crushed in 1992, their primary was 38.4.

But its higher than the 34.5 the LNP got at the last election or the 35.2 they got at the one before that.

The LNP needs to get that primary with a 4 in front of it to really be in the game, but the ALP 28, if replicated at an election, makes anything possible.

There hasn't been a lot of bad press or mistakes for Pesutto or the LNP lately. The apology to two of the ladies suing him went by in one media cycle, and I'm still confident Mrs Deeming's action never sees the inside of a court room. One of Pesutto's main threats in the party room is damaged by the Colac Health Amateur Theatre Hour, and the issues being discussed (debt, broken promises, etc) are good ground for the opposition.

I would say it is a good start but they need to keep playing mistake free football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the LNP 37...

As with other things, it would be unprecedented if the LNP won government with a primary vote that low. But the ALP is at 28... a different time, but when the ALP got crushed in 1992, their primary was 38.4.

But its higher than the 34.5 the LNP got at the last election or the 35.2 they got at the one before that.

The LNP needs to get that primary with a 4 in front of it to really be in the game, but the ALP 28, if replicated at an election, makes anything possible.

There hasn't been a lot of bad press or mistakes for Pesutto or the LNP lately. The apology to two of the ladies suing him went by in one media cycle, and I'm still confident Mrs Deeming's action never sees the inside of a court room. One of Pesutto's main threats in the party room is damaged by the Colac Health Amateur Theatre Hour, and the issues being discussed (debt, broken promises, etc) are good ground for the opposition.

I would say it is a good start but they need to keep playing mistake free football.
The big change is the rise of the independents. Labor is losing the primary not to the Liberals or Greens but to the smaller parties and independents.

We are entering the new era of politics where the major two no longer as major. There will be minority government more often than not.

The big change is the rise of the independents. Labor is losing the primary not to the Liberals or Greens but to the smaller parties and independents.

We are entering the new era of politics where the major two no longer as major. There will be minority government more often than not.

Didn't both their primary votes drop dramatically at the last election? Labor was voted in with an increased majority but the seats it was holding with large margins were retained with dramatically reduced margins. LNP got nowhere since their primary tanked too.

The Allan government has walked back one of its most controversial tax policies on the same day a survey showed Labor would struggle to form a majority government if an election were held this month.

Treasurer Tim Pallas confirmed on Wednesday that health clinics would be granted a 12-month payroll tax amnesty for contractor GPs, even though he had insisted for more than a year that there had been no changes to Victoria’s tax system and a reprieve was not necessary.

Doesn't help her that Dan left her so many disasters to be discovered and funding shortfalls.

She's personally responsible for the cost blow outs in infrastructure projects as the minister in charge. It would be easier to pay teachers, nurses and police officers more if multiple billions weren't going to the builders of the SRL and Tunnel

She's personally responsible for the cost blow outs in infrastructure projects as the minister in charge. It would be easier to pay teachers, nurses and police officers more if multiple billions weren't going to the builders of the SRL and Tunnel
She is partially to blame and didn't do her job properly but it is pretty apparent that despite Dan's Sgt Schulz like "I know nothing" claims, he micro managed the government and is behind every failure in Victoria He should be remembered as a hard working, smart, corrupt, dishonest narcisstic gaslighter eg. the perfect modern politician.

These are recent ministries held:

Minister for Transport and Infrastructure 5 December 2022 - 2 October 2023
Minister for Commonwealth Games Delivery 27 June 2022 - 19 July 2023
Minister for the Suburban Rail Loop 22 June 2020 - 2 October 2023
Minister for the Coordination of Transport: COVID-19 6 April 2020 - 9 November 2020
Minister for Priority Precincts 23 March 2020 - 22 June 2020
Minister for Transport Infrastructure 19 December 2018 - 5 December 2022
Minister for Major Projects 23 May 2016 - 18 December 2018

There is an improvement in the LNP primary compared to the last two elections, so some of that Labor primary is clearly being lost to the LNP. But my point about it being sufficient for electoral success remains.

On the numbers in the poll, the ALP would be very close to losing their majority, with 8 seats falling to the LNP, and probably 3 to the Greens Party.

So Dan Andrews= Damien Hardwick

Jacinta Allen= Andrew McQualter/ Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back