Recommitted Jack Billings [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon still have some re-signing to do but after that, they have plenty of players they can shell for salary cap space. Why would they be linked to JOM last year and Martin/Johannisen this year if they have no space? Stanton will retire I imagine, Hocking could, Howlett will probably be delisted, Kelly and Watson could retire, guys like Morgan, Long and JMerrett could be delisted, Zaharakis could leave to FA, you ever know. I imagine they'd have a lot of cash to float around in come seasons end. Who do they have that's currently on big cash anyway? Goddard and Watson would be on less than previous years, Daniher and Merrett aren't on substantial amounts yet. Hurley and Hooker are the only two that come to mind who together would probably be taking up around $1.4million. Add in the cap increase and they have some coin to shop with.

Essendon still have some re-signing to do but after that, they have plenty of players they can shell for salary cap space. Why would they be linked to JOM last year and Martin/Johannisen this year if they have no space? Stanton will retire I imagine, Hocking could, Howlett will probably be delisted, Kelly and Watson could retire, guys like Morgan, Long and JMerrett could be delisted, Zaharakis could leave to FA, you ever know. I imagine they'd have a lot of cash to float around in come seasons end. Who do they have that's currently on big cash anyway? Goddard and Watson would be on less than previous years, Daniher and Merrett aren't on substantial amounts yet. Hurley and Hooker are the only two that come to mind who together would probably be taking up around $1.4million. Add in the cap increase and they have some coin to shop with.

Morgan is in his second year and Long is still a rookie, they aren't really an area where any real cash can be freed up, but the rest is spot on. Don't see us moving on Morgan anyway, he's only just starting to get an injury free run at it and the club sees a lot in him.

Heppell's on fair coin. I'd guess those three would be taking up around $2.3 mil or so (if we had Hurley and Hooker on 1.4 it would be brilliant but I'd guess the figure is closer to 1.6 mil). Also Howlett probably gets another year ahead of Bird

Heppell's on fair coin. I'd guess those three would be taking up around $2.3 mil or so (if we had Hurley and Hooker on 1.4 it would be brilliant but I'd guess the figure is closer to 1.6 mil). Also Howlett probably gets another year ahead of Bird
Howlett's OOC and Bird isn't according to Footywire so that's why I said Howlett. I agree, Bird should be moved on asap though.

Howlett's OOC and Bird isn't according to Footywire so that's why I said Howlett. I agree, Bird should be moved on asap though.
Bird is OOC.

Goddard, Watson and Birds' contracts all expire. If they stay they'll all be on significantly less. We've also got space due to Ryder and Carlisle unexpectedly leaving, that was used to forward contracts. The new contract for Daniher was already budgeted for (likely to be bigger now with the CBA being bigger of course). Hocking and Howlett will go. We have space for a big recruit.

But it's pretty moot as I can't see Billings leaving. If he did and nominated Essendon I'd certainly be handing over our first two picks quick smart (although Dodoro would try and get away with just the first).

It's weird to see them pot Francis.
I *ing know mate he's running around like a 3rd round project player atm and they're laying the boots in on Francis who hasnt even got half a look in. Anyone can see there's something there.

I'd be pissed if they'd dumped Carlisle on us then let a snapchat of him racking lines leak. Haha uh oh. S**t bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I ruddy know mate he's running around like a 3rd round project player atm and they're laying the boots in on Francis who hasnt even got half a look in. Anyone can see there's something there.

I'd be pissed if they'd dumped Carlisle on us then let a snapchat of him racking lines leak. Haha uh oh. S**t bloke.

Francis was very good value considering he was taken in the rookie draft. Probably won't make it but the cost was minimal so no biggie.

Saints better off re-signing. Would only get an early 2nd rd draft pick for him. Goes missing against the big boys.
At best, going the way of the Toump I reckon. He would get picked up but for very little. He might be ok in another environment but appears to be a major bust as a pick 3.

At best, going the way of the Toump I reckon. He would get picked up but for very little. He might be ok in another environment but appears to be a major bust as a pick 3.

Obviously you only see Billings play against the dogs and never even see his stats against other teams. He is inconsistent not a dud. His best is better then anyone in his draft year even Bont imo. Easily worth a top 10 pick.

Obviously you only see Billings play against the dogs and never even see his stats against other teams. He is inconsistent not a dud. His best is better then anyone in his draft year even Bont imo. Easily worth a top 10 pick.
No way. Bontempelli, Merrett, Cripps, Kelly's best are all better at the very least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back